Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Where do you cross the line?

Harmonic Revelations

I would have to say I'm a fairly decent person but I'm no hero. I would most likely not risk my life for a stranger, I would probably help them if they needed help but I don't believe I'd do something too epic to save the day.

Friends, on the other hand, I am unsure about. I wouldn't want the pressure of dying for them* or living with the regret that I didn't save them, the depression they're dead, ect.

*They would most likely mourn over my death for a long time and wish it were them that died instead.

I'm conflicted when it comes to this sort of thing.

I'd like to say that I place others before myself in any situation. But, at the same time, I'd have to look at the reality of said situation. Jumping in front of a bus to push someone out of the way? I don't think that'll do much, except give the undertaker an extra body to deal with. I don't have so much strength as to move someone out of the way unless I were to full-body tackle them... and they'd have to be a skinny person.

As for the bullet one... Well, I'd have to agree with someone that posted earlier. Jumping in front of a bullet to save someone's life would only harm the both of us. I understand that it was a metaphorical bullet, and that it could be anything that could cause some serious harm, but I can't really see something moving that fast let alone jump in front of it. 

I guess if I were stronger and had better coordination, I wouldn't have any reservations about doing something like that. But, considering my rather frail body structure, it's well out of the question. Would I still make the attempt? Of course. Just don't expect anyone's life to be saved.

Where is it that you cross the line between flight and fight? I'm not afraid to fight. I mean, I've been in fights before and if it's for a good reason, I don't mind. I wouldn't want to run away if someone needs help.

Would you jump in front of a bus to save a stranger? How about your own child. No. I wouldn't die for a stranger. Sorry. I would if I was a parent. Probably for most of my family and definitely my boyfriend.

Would you take a bullet for your peers, how about your parents? See above ^

I would selflessly help loved ones... for not someone I don't know. I kinda feel bad saying that,

• 1 year later...

I'd probably sacrifice myself for a stranger or maybe even someone I hated, provided I don't freeze up in the situation or anything. I wouldn't call it selflessness in my case, though; more me wanting a good reason to die, and not really valuing myself that highly. Plus, if I didn't save someone where I was able to, it'd weigh me down for a long time to come, and I don't know if I'd be able to cope with it. =/

Edited by WoofWoof~

I will fight to the death to save people I care about, but honestly, I wouldn't give up my life for theirs. The only person I might do that for is my girlfriend, but other than her if I have to choose between myself and anyone else I'll choose myself.

Basically, I will risk my life for certain people, but I will never sacrifice it for them. Strangers...I don't know. Maybe if I see someone getting beat up I'd step in, but knowing myself I probably wouldn't.

Where is it that you cross the line between flight and fight?

Fight. Always fight.

Would you jump in front of a bus to save a stranger? How about your own child.

Child before stranger.

Would you take a bullet for your peers, how about your parents?

Yes. 

Where is it that you cross the line between flight and fight.

Fight, always fight. 

this is something that I cannot answer now.

actions like giving your life to save another are actions you choose to do in the moment. You could easily say right now "oh sure, I'd put my life on the line for a stranger" but while this may be a morale you live by or an ideal you want to commit yourself to, you will never truly know where you cross the line until you're in that situation  :)

I know I'd want to be the one to go on a limb to help a stranger, but I also know how easy it is for me to freeze up. So maybe I'd be standing in the subway and a guy pulls out a gun and points it at a stranger, and suppose I have a split-second opportunity to save that stranger. The most likely thing I'd do is try to cower behind other passengers, because I don't want to die. I'd watch as someone is killed when I could've stopped it, but at least I'd be alive. But then, once I'm home in my bed, the guilt of my decision would weigh on me like a ton of bricks. I could've helped, but I was too much of a coward to do so.

So, based on my own nature, I doubt I'd do anything like that for a stranger. But would I do it for my mom and dad? Honestly, the line's blurry. I love 'em to death, but I'm also scared of death. idk

heum

Well

If a stranger was being mugged or something, I would call the police then attempt to disable them without lethal injury.
If a family member or friend was being mugged I would quite literally throw my entire body weight at them and squish them
Reasonably heavy :3 It comes with the height.

When I fall on things, I tend to break them xD I fell down the stairs a few months ago and broke the stairs :3

And as for a bullet... well all I can say is, if I have the time to jump in front of it, you have the time to jump out of the way xD
But yeah, probs. Logically my build has a better chance of surviving a bullet than somebody smaller (normally most people)

If I knew for a fact that I was going to be killed, I would run away and not stay and fight.

If I saw a stranger being robbed or assaulted, I would try my best to help by calling 911 or possibly fighting. It depends.

I would gladly take a bullet for my best friend.

Idk.  I'd like to think I'd risk my life for a stranger, but the fact is I'm a real scaredypony.  I'd just call emergency response.  But then again, there's a lot of days when I wish I wasn't alive, and fantasize about sacrificing my life for some noble purpose or something.  I kind of wish I could go out William Wallace style or something.  But if there's one thing I learned from Welcome to the NHK, it's that a dramatic death doesn't suit people like me.

• Brohoof 1