Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I'm Looking to Get a Team Together

H.P. Lance

EDITOR POSITION OPEN. PLEASE READ MY LATEST POST.

Hey everyone.

Just as the title says, I'm looking to get a group of people together to help make my newest adventure fanfic something special. Specifically, it'd be great if you could help by acting as one of the following roles:

Co-author

Editor

Proof-reader

Artist

Before anything else, if you'd like to see what you're getting yourself into then the final draft of the prologue is complete, and can be viewed by following the link below:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/11J3xW1CrRFEKzBbTdGTW8XBtdujSYJyUUJHupHP3SY8/edit

The entire story's plot is too long to be placed here without it assualting your eyes, but rest assured the Mane 6 are heavily involved and Discord, Celestia and Luna will be making regular appearances, along with some other canon characters. The story will be fairly lengthy.

An outline of each role is explained below.

Co-author: You'll be right in on the action with me, discussing plot points and suggesting changes which could alter the entire storyline. We'll talk about chapter names as and when they are completed, and also the name for the actual story, which is as of yet undecided.

If you like you could even write chapters whenever you're in the mood (just make sure to ask me first so you know what's going on!). You'll need a fair bit of time and dedication on your hands, but it will be your story as well as mine.

Editor: You'll need to at least follow the plot and ensure aspects such as character development and general speed of the story are up to standard. You can suggest more minor changes (probably chapter-specific) if you like. You will of course be credited as such. Thank you!

Proof-reader: No knowledge of the actual story is required here; it'd just be helpful to have someone to check all spelling and grammar is correct. Of course, if you do find the story interesting then I'd love to hear feedback on that too. Many thanks if you go for this role, I know it's not the most inspiring!

Artist: A one-off job. Seeing as I can't draw for chocolate-covered candy, it'd be great if someone could create the cover art for this story. What that art will actually depict I'm not yet sure, but we will of course chat about it over PMs.

Interested in one of these? Leave a reply down below and I'll PM you ASAP. The roles aren't filled until there is a name next to the corresponding job shown below, so if someone has already asked then you can still leave a reply and I'll get back to you as well.

Thanks again!

Co-author: Kolth

Editor: -

Proof-reader: SCS

Artist: Tylerdavasel

Edited by Hiddenpairer
  • Brohoof 3

Hey everyone.

Just as the title says, I'm looking to get a group of people together to help make my newest adventure fanfic something special. Specifically, it'd be great if you could help by acting as one of the following roles:

Co-author

Editor

Proof-reader

Artist

Before anything else, if you'd like to see what you're getting yourself into then the final draft of the prologue is complete, and can be viewed by following the link below:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/11J3xW1CrRFEKzBbTdGTW8XBtdujSYJyUUJHupHP3SY8/edit

The entire story's plot is too long to be placed here without it assualting your eyes, but rest assured the Mane 6 are heavily involved and Discord, Celestia and Luna will be making regular appearances, along with some other canon characters. The story will be fairly lengthy.

Co-author: You'll be right in on the action with me, discussing plot points and suggesting changes which could alter the entire storyline. We'll talk about chapter names as and when they are completed, and also the name for the actual story, which is as of yet undecided.

If you like you could even write chapters whenever you're in the mood (just make sure to ask me first so you know what's going on!). You'll need a fair bit of time and dedication on your hands, but it will be your story as well as mine.

Editor: You'll need to at least follow the plot and ensure aspects such as character development and general speed of the story are up to standard. You can suggest more minor changes (probably chapter-specific) if you like. You will of course be credited as such. Thank you!

Proof-reader: No knowledge of the actual story is required here; it'd just be helpful to have someone to check all spelling and grammar is correct. Of course, if you do find the story interesting then I'd love to hear feedback on that too. Many thanks if you go for this role, I know it's not the most inspiring!

Artist: A one-off job. Seeing as I can't draw for chocolate-covered candy, it'd be great if someone could create the cover art for this story. What that art will actually depict I'm not yet sure, but we will of course chat about it over PMs.

Interested in one of these? Leave a reply down below and I'll PM you ASAP. The roles aren't filled until there is a name next to the corresponding job shown below, so if someone has already asked then you can still leave a reply and I'll get back to you as well.

Thanks again!

Co-author: -

Proof-reader: -

Artist: -

I would love to be a proofreader. I have a passion for writing. Though I would be able to participate more in the writing of the story if I were a co-author, I honestly don't think I have time. I'm still in high school, and as such I am occupied 7 hours a day with school work not including homework and any other responsibilities I have that come first. 

Before I sign up though, I must ask you a question. Does the story involve excessive violence, language, or sexual content? By "excessive" I pretty much mean beyond PG-13. I don't like combining such things with MLP, I know many people don't have a problem with it but it just bothers me. If it weren't MLP related I wouldn't really care unless it was just downright obscene or grotesque. 

Edited by SCS
  • Brohoof 1

I'm sorry about that guys, there was something wrong with the link. Should be fixed now.

I would love to be a proofreader. I have a passion for writing. Though I would be able to participate more in the writing of the story if I were a co-author, I honestly don't think I have time. I'm still in high school, and as such I am occupied 7 hours a day with school work not including homework and any other responsibilities I have that come first. Before I sign up though, I must ask you a question. Does the story involve excessive violence, language, or sexual content? By "excessive" I pretty much mean beyond PG-13. I don't like combining such things with MLP, I know many people don't have a problem with it but it just bothers me. If it weren't MLP related I wouldn't really care unless it was just downright obscene or grotesque.

Aha, thanks for reminding me! No, the rating will be Teen, so no excessive language, gruesome violence and only mild, suggested shipping involved. I totally forgot to say that. <_<

And yes SCS, I'll PM you now.

• Brohoof 2

*shrug* I can be an editor and/or a co-author. Wherever you need me!

If you want/need proof of my abilities, check the first link in my signature for my own story.

(Sorry if there are misspellings or the message seems short; I'm on my phone.)

• Brohoof 1

I'd gladly be a co-author in terms of discussing plot and suggesting changes, but I'm only a good writer in terms of bigger picture stuff, so I won't be able to write any of my own chapters, although I suppose I could give you an outline of what would happen in the chapter if you want. Granted, Kolth is more experienced than I am, and probably just outright better than me. I can also be an editor if you want.

• Brohoof 1

Hey everyone.

Co-author

Editor

Proof-reader

Artist

Thanks again!

I would love to be the editor, I work with my friend on stories and such and edit for him so I have SOME experience, but if you've already decided a role on him I'll go with Proof-Reader. As I'm not a great Artist and I feel like there are better Co-Authors than myself. So if you would like to talk about this in any way at all, I'm all ears. PM me whenever.

• Brohoof 1

I'm a massive writer, so co-author is totally for me. I've worked on a popular story before and loved working with other writers.

Editor would be fine, too, but I feel I'd be a better fit for co-author. (Not trying to sound boastful. :x)

• Brohoof 1

Since I really have nothing to do in the interenet these days, I'm willing to help. I've seen your writing style and well, I can give you some tips to make it better. I don't think that it's the co-author's job.

*Shrugg*
Well, who cares about position anyway? I just want to help. You can give me any position, but not the artist. I can't give one of my writing as a proof, but I think this thread of mine can help.

http://mlpforums.com/topic/43854-need-a-friendly-proof-reader-want-some-writing-tips-or-want-to-share-yours/

• Brohoof 1

I haven't written any fanfic in a looong time. I guess this would get my gears oiled and rollin' back towards writing. 

I'll throw my hat in the ring for Editor or Pre-Reader. I don't think I could Co-Write on top of two fics...

Link to my fimfiction account on my profile.

Whoa...I wasn't expecting this response. Thank you to everyone who's replied, it means a lot!

Well, now I've just got to get around to PMing you all, so I'm sorry if my replies end up being sluggish. A couple of positions have been offered by 2 people as well, so aplogies in advance if I choose someone else over you.  :(

Only thing we're lacking now is the artist...

Whoa...I wasn't expecting this response. Thank you to everyone who's replied, it means a lot!

Well, now I've just got to get around to PMing you all, so I'm sorry if my replies end up being sluggish. A couple of positions have been offered by 2 people as well, so aplogies in advance if I choose someone else over you.  :(

Only thing we're lacking now is the artist...

post-10241-0-81525700-1357717018.jpg

What do you think writing is my friend? It's an art. :lol:

Well. I know what you mean. Maybe you need to determine what kind of cover do you want, so the visual artist can come up with their work without asking. :)

By the way, I don't really care if my name is going to be written as co-author or not. I just want to make your writing better. The best thing I can help you with is on your writing style. That's all. Don't hesitate to ask me anything about writing. ;)

• Brohoof 1

Alright, , I finished reading your prologue.

Judging by the short description you offered and the PM you sent, I think I can see where this is going. Sort of.  :lol: 

You've done an excellent job of portraying Discord; I was just as frustrated with him as Luna. Well played.  :wub:

EDIT: Wow, lots of offers for co-author...  :blink:

Edited by Kolth

Hey everyone.

Co-author

Editor

Proof-reader

Artist

Thanks again!

Hey Hiddenpairer, I would love to help you by being the co-author. I am especially creative when it comes to story lines, I have things that always tend to keep/get the readers attention/interest. I am pretty much the Pinkie Pie of creativity; doing the most interesting and intriguing concepts, and I just haven't really had a great way to show it, or share it with people that could appreciate it. So I figured I would offer my rare skills as an author to you. If you would like an example of my work, just let me know, give me a story plot that would be considered like a one-page type story or just a description to what a story could offer and I will give it the absolute best darn work, that you probably wouldn't be able to tell it apart from one of the popular fanfiction's/stories that are out there.

Alright guys, apologies but I can't take on any more offers unless you'll be the kind person who would be willing to do the cover art.

I'm getting snowed under and it'll get too difficult to choose if anyone else offers to help out. Not to mention that I really don't like to disappoint other people. :(

Sorry!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hey, guys!

I'm looking for a new editor. Due to circumstances which are unknown even to me, my current editor Fix hasn't got back to me - or indeed so much as logged into this site - for over a month. I really hope he's ok, but I need someone to either step in until he comes back or, if you like, to act as the new editor for the rest of the story.

But first things first: so I'm not wasting any of your time, you can see how the story is progressing so far by following the link below (or, alternatively, by clicking the link that is always in my signature):

Fanfic: Autonomous Reflection

There you go. Now you can see my writing style and the general plot of the story to come, so you're not getting yourself involved in something you might not actually end up liking.

If you're interested, please respond on this thread and I'll PM you as soon as I get the chance.

Thanks! smile.png

• Brohoof 1

Hey I would to go for the pisition of editor if your still looking for one, and I do like your writing style, very intune with mine

• Brohoof 1