Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming What is your favorite game or game series?

~TheStealthyPony~

Paper Mario Thousand Year door is easily my favorite game of all time, everything about it is just pure genius. Other great games for me include most Zelda games, Majoras Mask particularly, Super Mario Galaxy games, Halo Combat Evolved and Halo 3, Earthbound, and Morrowind

• Brohoof 3

Yeah, I have to say I played the crap out of the Jak & Daxter games, but everything that came after number three I didn't really care for.

I also enjoy the Dead Space series and Morrowind and Skyrim.

I will also throw in Kingdom Hearts series even though I only completed one and was to young to really understand what was going on. I just liked that I could swing a giant key and buck stuff up. :P

• Brohoof 2

Really boring list on my part but, eh may as well say it.

Tetris

Assassins Creed series

Star-Wars Battlefront series (ate up LOTS of my time)

Final Fantasy series

Battlefield series

I so enjoy the Dragon Ball Z Tenkaichi game series, Grand Theft Auto, Far Cry, and Saints Row.

Plus, I'll be into the whole Naruto game series when Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 comes out. :)

• Brohoof 1

My favorite game of all time is Final Fantasy Tactics. I played it when I was about 8 or 9 and i've loved it since. I'm glad they remade it for the psp too.

final_fantasy_tactics_cs_by_the_lonely_w

I also really enjoy the Kingdom Hearts and the rest of the Final Fantasy series.

I love the Zelda series and I think Wind Waker was my favorite of the seires.

Pokemon is amazing and I love them all for the most part, but gen 2 was my favorite so far.

I also love the games:

Okami

Jak and Daxter

Shadow of the Colossus

Super Mario World

Mario 64 

Mario Galaxy 1 and 2

Chrono Trigger

Any Kirby game is good too.

There's probably plenty that I'm missing and that I'll kick myself for fogetting but that's all for now.

• Brohoof 1

Animal Crossing: Wild World is my most favorite game on this earth (because I am both a compulsive collector and a tremendous child!). The amount I'm anticipating the American release of AC: New Leaf is impossible to express. I would probably explode if I tried, so, in the interest of my health, I won't.

@, @@Cloud Dreamsprint, gotta agree on Jak and Daxter.

As a kid I poured hours into the Pokemon games, as did my sister. Today, I own Ruby, Sapphire, Firered, Leafgreen, Emeral, Diamond, Mystery Dungeon, Snap!, and Stadium.

Fallout has always caught my interest. I'm going to borrow 1 and 2 from a friend soon; I've played the crap out of 3 and New Vegas.

Do tabletops count? I've played *deep breath* D&D 3.5, Pathfinder, D&D 1.0, D&D 4.0, Cyberpunk 2020, Call of Cthulhu, Fallout, The Elder Scrolls, Vampire: The Masquerade, and Star Wars. I feel like I'm forgetting a couple...

My sister and I used to play The Sims for forever. She STILL plays it!

Two defining games of my childhood were Super Mario World 2 and Star Wars Episode 1: Racer.

As for my favorite game nowadays, I'd have to go with Fallout. It has a touching story while still being darkly humorous and action-packed.

• Brohoof 1

Honestly I've had quiet alot of games and series I've loved, some I don't even like anymore because I've played them so much.

I think I have special feelings for Kotor, just because I literally I think played through that game like 20 different times atleast.. I eventuelly grew tired of it, but I really loved that game for quiet some time.

I also liked Star wars battlefront for quiet a while, that took up a good chunk of my freetime :P.

Many other games took up alot of my time and where quiet amazing, however I think some of my more recent ones would have to be Skyrim and the Assassins creed series, I actually never got around to really getting into the Assassin's creed series, and I'll admit the 1st game was a bit repetitive and slow, but once I got into the 2nd game I really loved it, I just now beat the 2nd one and I plan on beating the rest of them aswell! Enjoyed it so far.

Skyrim I have played quiet alot :P, I have like 5-6 different characters on it, and i've played through just a small portion of the game in total, the amount of stuff to do is quiet amazing, can be quiet enjoyable for a long time. I haven't played it recently, but I'm sure the urge will return soon.

I haven't even played alot of game series honestly, yet theres alot of great games and series I've played that I really liked.

I can't simply pick one though, unless I said Kotor which I don't really play anymore due to how much I've played it. That use to be my generally first pick.

I love when games have amazing stories. My favorite games are Halo, Gears of War, and The Elder Scrolls.

The science-fiction of Halo and the amazing suspense put into the series (books and games) is outstanding, I love it. Great multiplayer too, really well-balanced and fun. And who doesn't like armor customization?

The personal story and dark feeling to Gears of War gives it an amazing atmosphere. It might not have many cliffhangers, but it always finds a way to fit an amazing story element. (Usually from the books) And even though I'm not a very competitive person, Gears of War's multiplayer is really fun for me. It seems like the fanbase of Gears is you either get good fast, or you get left behind. It's a rough ride and hard to stay good at, and I love the challenge to it.

As nerdy as it sounds, the lore of the Elder Scrolls is one of the few RPG games I can get into. It pieces together in a really unique way that I can't describe.

I liked Assassin's Creed also for its amazing story, but lately they've been pumping out games with little to no changes. I didn't even get AC3. Not many big changes, coupled with the simple fact that I don't like anything about American history (I'm more interested in the history of a lot of European countries. AC 1, 2, and Brotherhood was perfect for me. Revelations was great, but I never got into the Ottoman history too much)

My favorite game is Halo: Combat Evolved, and my favorite gaming series is in fact, Halo.  Each game has an engaging campaign and ridiculously fun multiplayer.  The best thing about Halo to me is the lore and story behind each Halo game.  The lore is so strong that each book worthy of a read, and the story within the games are emotional and epic.  I think the best thing about Halo is the Master Chief and Cortana, especially within the latest game, Halo 4.  There are a ton of likable characters within Halo, but the way the relationship between John and Cortana is handled is pure brilliance, although their story together ends on a very bitter-sweet note.

I still can't believe there isn't a movie made based on Halo, especially since Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn was a fantastic live-action mini-series.  Still, at least we have the games, and 343 Industries have done a great job taking over Halo so far.  I bet their next game will be even better with their experience they're gaining as a team with Halo 4.

I have three main series I can never choose between when it comes to favorites:

Sonic the Hedgehog (admitedly, mostly the pre-95' games)
Pokémon
Metal Gear Solid

I can sit down and jump into any game of those series and absolutely get lost in entertainment. One of my favorite games of recent times is Batman: Arkham City, mostly because I love Batman and the game is pretty incredible regardless.

Well well well...

I can safely say without a doubt that Halo is, and always will be my favourite game series ever. Period. The science fiction, the backstory, the entire Halo universe is so immersive, you can get lost in the for hours on end. 

But StarWars Battle front will always hold a place in my heart, purely for the hours of endless fun and craziness that game had to offer, I still play it even today. It's great to actually feel like a badass in the way that game allows you to. 

There are several games I can list here, to name a few others; Assassins Creed, Gears of War, Red Dead Redemption, Ratchet and Clank, Spyro, Borderlands and Kameo. The list goes on, but these are the games that sprung to mind first, aside from the two listed up top. 

Super Metroid is my all time favorite console game, and Metroid is my favorite series. I've played and own them all except Other M, which I refuse to take any part in. The Metroid Prime Trilogy is something that was scary when the first one came out because it was going into a territory Metroid has never gone before, but Retro Studios did an amazing job and proved that even in first person you could make a true to the core Metroid game.

The original DooM for DOS is my all time favorite game though. I've played and own it in all it's versions as well, plus all the sequels. The first still is, and always will be, the best. The fond memories I have with that shotgun...  :wub:

A few of others I like...

Guild Wars 2, Mass Effect, MotorStorm, Half Life, RIFT, Elder Scrolls, Portal, Champions Online, Perfect Dark, 007 Goldeneye, Duke Nukem 3D...

Heroes of Might and Magic!!
and Kingdom Hearts <3 <3
i can not even count the amount of time and quiet frankly YEARS i've spent on those games.
i still haven't played DDD D': but im saving up so i can buy it and the 3ds... i think it was on that at least.

• Brohoof 1

I love the Legend of Zelda series the most out of all games! Aside from that, I like Metroid also. Oh! And I absolutely LOVE POKEMON! :D Best game ever. I've played almost all Kingdom Hearts games except CoM and Coded.

I also play the Assassin's Creed series, CoD, and some others.

I'm loving PSASBR, BO2, BF3, and Far Cry 3 right now!

• Brohoof 2

There are so many to pick from, I'm just going to list a few:

The Fallout series (1, 2, Tactics, 3 and New Vegas)

The Thief series

Dishonoured

The Elder Scrolls series (from Arena to Skyrim).

So far everything Valve has cranked out.

Dungeon Keeper 1 & 2

Syndicate (the 1993 one) and Sydicate wars

The Might and Magic series, also Heroes of Might and Magic

Larn

Edited by Fridge
  • Brohoof 1

My favorite game series is without a doubt The Legend of Zelda series. I've been playing Zelda-games since I was 6 or 7 years old, and I've played through 7 different Zelda games so far, and not a single one has disappointed me yet.

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess would have to be my favorite game. I really love that game :wub: .

• Brohoof 2

There aren't many game serieses that of which I've played more than one game. Of the ones I have, I'd say either Meteoid or Zelda. They're both fantastic serieses, each with over a dozen games. They both offer tons of gameplay, and it's honestly kind of hard for me to choose between the two.

I am a die hard Zelda fan! I love the franchise and I will always have a special love for the Oot an MM games for the N64. :) Other than that, I would say probably most Mario games, Halo, Assassin's Creed...... I also loooove independent games and That Game Company has created some of the most gorgeous games ever: Cloud, Flow, Flower and most recently Journey, which I still have yet to play, but PewDiePie played it and it looked amazing! Everyone who has reviewed the game has said that it is one you must experience for yourself. :)

Heroes of Might and Magic!!

and Kingdom Hearts <3 <3

i can not even count the amount of time and quiet frankly YEARS i've spent on those games.

i still haven't played DDD D': but im saving up so i can buy it and the 3ds... i think it was on that at least.

i, myself have played dream drop distance and passed i'm not going to spoil it or anything,but it is cool and shocking at the end so i hope you play it some time soon. :D

• Brohoof 1

I have to go with an old classic here:  Ms. Pac-Man.  You can walk into almost any game room today and see a bunch of modern arcade games...and Ms. Pac-Man will be the only oldie in sight.  It will have had several monitor replacements over its life but it's such a reliable quarter sucker owners keep renewing them. 

I can regularly make it to the rounds the energizers stop working altogether...and that's when I lose.  :lol: