Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

First drawing of Derpy! (with a cute scarf :P)

Sensuna

Well this is derpy/Ditzy Doo whatever you like the most

Well this is the first drawing I ever made of Derpy and also the first drawing I ever made of a character that is actually in the show

As usual fellow bronies I used Paint tool sai and only a mouse
Really hope you like it and remember friends
enlarge is win

EDIT: guys I just want to be treated then someone with a pencil or tablet

post-11279-0-31379600-1359235511_thumb.png

Edited by Sensuna
  • Brohoof 14

Aww this is adorable  :wub:  You did a great job, especially since you were using a mouse. You could make this into a really nice Christmas card or something.

AAAAAHHHHH I don't get it :L

on every drawing I make everyone says the same "you did well, especially with a mouse"

I don't know what the fuzz is about :s

But thanks anyway for the nice comment

Hey I say for a first, and for using a MOUSE that is really good! I'd love to see what you could do with a tablet and paint tool sai :3

EDIT: The deal with the mouse is because if you don't have a tablet... get one, the pressure control is EVERYTHING in pony art.  With a mouse, it's easier to see line arts and vectors with a mouse, but when you get into painting, the drawing tablet is essential

Edited by Rainbow Dashey

Hey I say for a first, and for using a MOUSE that is really good! I'd love to see what you could do with a tablet and paint tool sai :3

uhg.... like I said before :L

Woah! This is really nice! And you made it with a mouse! I can barely draw using my hands but this is great.

Awwwww, it's really cute. :wub: :wub:

and again the same reason :s

I really don't get it what so special about a mouse and I really SUCK at drawing on paper :l

Because using a mouse is really complicated, i can tell myself! You have to be very accurate and it's largely different than using a pencil.

That's why I'm better with a mouse then with a pencil I was always bad with drawing with a pencil anyways but a mouse just fits me more for some reason and A lot of people are surprised by that

Really Really Really Adorable!

Love derpy.... she's just too cute! :wub:  :wub:

Really nice drawing m8, i love it, hoping to see more of you're work in the future :)

Tnx a lot for the comment, matter of fact I only started actively drawing for a week or so? haha I'm glad you like it because I'm still a amateur 

Woah, woah, woah. Wait...you did this with a mouse? 

A steady hand you have there, I can concentrate at all with a mouse. I'd rather use my tablet.

I'm amazed. You drew Derpy with a mouse, when I have a tablet and I can't even draw anything even though I try...Wow. Great art. Keep practicing and I bet your drawings will look just like the real ponies on the show.

:P

wow, this is really good! its very cute, too. derpy is my favorite background pony, just so you know :3.

i should try to draw derpy sometime

Give me the link when you're done

Woah, woah, woah. Wait...you did this with a mouse? 

A steady hand you have there, I can concentrate at all with a mouse. I'd rather use my tablet.

Yup I do got a steady hand but only when drawing, on other occasions I got more of shaky hands then steady ones...

But I mayby get a tablet later for shadows and stuff

But I'll continue using my mouse I think since I'm more cormfortable with that then a pen

• Brohoof 1

:3 that is one of the cutest and most adorable drawing I have ever seen of ponies. I love these type where it looks new and very cute!

Cutest? I was actualy thinking it was worser then my other drawings but this one got the most replies and likes so far and I don't really get why xD

Cutest? I was actualy thinking it was worser then my other drawings but this one got the most replies and likes so far and I don't really get why xD

well that's just one pony's opinion... some people may like one type of art style, another may like different. I am usually into grim dark but I love this type of art /)*3*(\

D'aaw, I love Derpy Hooves. She's just adorable. :wub: You did a pretty good job by the way. Simple but still beautiful. How long did it take to draw it?

the simple drawing took me easily 10 hours to make because I'm not easily contend with the things I draw

every line you see is at least redrawn 3 times

And I waste a lot of time on the hair

the simple drawing took me easily 10 hours to make because I'm not easily contend with the things I draw

every line you see is at least redrawn 3 times

And I waste a lot of time on the hair

Oh, sorry for calling it "simple". I didn't know it took you so long. It's looks very good, that was all i tried to say. I hope you accept my apology.

I can check your deviantart to make it up for you. :3

OH MY GOD DERPY. 

Okay, well, anyway. The art is really cute  :wub:  Especially the scarf. But there's a couple things I'd like to point out, so if it's okay with you, here goes. 

The general proportions seem correct, but are actually a bit off. The head and torso are fine, so are the back legs. But the front legs are too long. I can see how you got them wrong - bent legs are the hardest - but be careful with them. The only other thing wrong with the proportions is the wing. The eye could be better, because the line with which you drew the outline is a bit wobbly. (Another thing: it's not really wrong, but if you ask me, the scarf is too short!)

I like how you shaded the drawing. Not too 3D, so it still had the cartoony feel, but just enough so that it doesn't look completely fake. Good job! The tail and mane are perfect, no work needed there. 

I just wish you'd added a cloud or something, because right now the drawing is a little...boring. 

Keep drawing!

• Brohoof 1

OH MY GOD DERPY. 

Okay, well, anyway. The art is really cute  :wub:  Especially the scarf. But there's a couple things I'd like to point out, so if it's okay with you, here goes. 

The general proportions seem correct, but are actually a bit off. The head and torso are fine, so are the back legs. But the front legs are too long. I can see how you got them wrong - bent legs are the hardest - but be careful with them. The only other thing wrong with the proportions is the wing. The eye could be better, because the line with which you drew the outline is a bit wobbly. (Another thing: it's not really wrong, but if you ask me, the scarf is too short!)

I like how you shaded the drawing. Not too 3D, so it still had the cartoony feel, but just enough so that it doesn't look completely fake. Good job! The tail and mane are perfect, no work needed there. 

I just wish you'd added a cloud or something, because right now the drawing is a little...boring. 

Keep drawing!

Thank you for the critique I really appreciate that as for the background

I'm horrible at them and this background was one of the "best" I ever made if you can call it a background 

• Brohoof 1

here's somethin' i got for yah:

it's supposed to draw attention to the  neglected characters in MLP: FiM, if you didn't get why i drew it. no, i didn't just draw this for the fandom, i wanted to try and get people to realize that Derpy is just another pony in Ponyville, and should be treated as such, and, as for Vinyl Scratch, she was and is a background character, but shouldn't Hasbro and such realize that she has so much fandom and not just be in the background? by the way i have no idea where this is going.

post-12028-0-25483700-1359415587_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 1