Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NdZAS1_1YY&feature=watch_response

Just a video I made to show all those that are curious about the brony movement or those that dislike MLP why we like it... At least, why I like it. It may be evident why we like this wonderful series, but sometimes, it just needs to be said.

Just promoting the community in a good light!
  • Brohoof 1

I enjoyed the video as well and agreed with a lot of points... except one thing. Yes, the show is girly and feminine. But why is that a bad thing? What I think is bad about society is that it immediately looks down on girly and feminine things, and sees them as of lesser quality than masculine things. The show proves that yes, girly and feminine things CAN be of a great quality and appeal to both genders. And that they are worth your time.

I enjoy the girly and feminine aspects of the show, being a female myself, and think they allow me to better identify with it because many things are designed with the mindset "man = default." It's refreshing to see something made for women that isn't badly made and just thrown out there like slop. Most people don't produce feminine media worth consuming which is why it has this horrendous stigma, and MLP proves that yes, there is definitely a market in girly and it doesn't have to cater to a niche demographic.

• Brohoof 1

I'm glad you admit Adventure Time is crap. To me, it makes no sense, and it looks so stupid! As a 90's kid, I did love spongebob and cartoon network with all of its great cartoons. I do not know why cartoon network decided to start showing reality shows that are so lame. Their name is CARTOON network. And yes, spongebob did get really crappy later, as well as Fairy Oddparents. Nice Video though btw. (:

• Brohoof 1

I enjoyed the video as well and agreed with a lot of points... except one thing. Yes, the show is girly and feminine. But why is that a bad thing? What I think is bad about society is that it immediately looks down on girly and feminine things, and sees them as of lesser quality than masculine things. The show proves that yes, girly and feminine things CAN be of a great quality and appeal to both genders. And that they are worth your time.

I enjoy the girly and feminine aspects of the show, being a female myself, and think they allow me to better identify with it because many things are designed with the mindset "man = default." It's refreshing to see something made for women that isn't badly made and just thrown out there like slop. Most people don't produce feminine media worth consuming which is why it has this horrendous stigma, and MLP proves that yes, there is definitely a market in girly and it doesn't have to cater to a niche demographic.

so very much this

girly and feminine is not bad. it is the stereotypical definition that is.

I completely concur with everyone's replies! I never meant to degrade how femininity and things that are "girly" work within this show, only to say that it is so much more than just this. I also agree that it's good to see something like mlp being accepted by a wide audience of not only females, but males.

And thank you all for your opinions! It's great to hear awesome feedback!

Wow, this video is valid point after valid point. I agree. Disney show are the most obnoxious, unfunny crap known to mankind. I love this show because it has all of the qualities that make a great show great and none of the qualities that makes a bad show bad. Its not just random stupidity, it's an interesting show that teaches valuable lessons in an entertain way with characters that are believable and emotionally relate able.

• Brohoof 1

Awesome video, you made some really strong points!

I just wanted to add that as a male I still enjoy the more feminine portions of the show, I never really understood why guys aren't supposed to like that sort of stuff. You already addressed this though, so I will be quiet now! ;)

If and when my friends figure out I am a Brony I think I will direct them to this, perhaps it will bring a few more over to the herd!

I'm a teenage girl and I love everything about it. I admit I used to think it was dumb and probably littered with 'life lessons' like Dora or something but I was pleasantly surprised and I've sat through every single musical number in the show too and happily giggled and burst out laughing during the Rarity VS AJ ep and sympathysed with Rarity during Suited for Success.

It's just a wholesome show.

Couldn't agree more with your video. I made the same mistake too, letting my close mindedness get in the way of what is a really great experience. Not only is the show awesome, but the community is equally as good or even better! I feel that our responsibility is to spread the happiness that we all share thanks to mlp. It's been too long since I've felt this much joy in my heart and I owe it all to this show.

Great points. I think a quicker and equally effective argument to make might be: "Spongebob":

"1. It's not the series it used to be, whatever you think of it is wrong, because it totally changed in every way when they got a new director and made it a new series (G4).

2. It's more on par with 'Fairly Odd Parents' than something like 'Strawberry Shortcake'.

3. Most people like spongebob. Most college students do. This is really just the same thing. Except that this fictional world actually makes sense and has an epic Greek/Roman mythology Lord-of-the-Rings type setting, instead of a sponge that lives in a pinapple under the sea, has a best friend that's a starfish, and works for a greedy lobster at a fast food resturaunt. Instead, you get real characters, great writing, and some of the best star voice actors around."

• Brohoof 1