Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What do you think is the most epic moment in MLP?

Zygen

So pretty self explanatory, but what do you think is the most epic moment in MLP so far? Just something that you find really awesome. Its all your opinion so it obviously can be whatever scene, if you can try and get a video link of it somewhere in your post, but its ok if you can't!

Anyways, I think the most epic moment in the show for me was this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHehns6YT4U

I know theres alot of really cool moments in the show, but I dunno I'm really a sucker for the whole hidden burst of unknown power thing like Twilight has in this scene. I actually kinda wish they'd do another episode about it, I wanna see more of it :D.

So what about y'all? What moment struck you as epic in your opinion?

I'm ready to hear from y'all! POST AWAY :D.

• Brohoof 2

The most epic moment for me was the canterlot wedding invasion and fight sequence. For me it wasn't just about making it look cool. It was at this point that the plot and theme of the episode shifted from being over protective of ones sibilings, to surviving an invasion.

Plus the invasion and fight sequence reminded me of the Powerpuff Girls movie. See the fight sequence for both and maybe you'll understand.

• Brohoof 4

Obvious Rainboom is obvious,

After that I would like to nominate Fluttershy staring down the Cockatrice, the Twilight Gatling Gun and most scenes involving Rainbow Dash :).

Edited by DashForever
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

I think the most epic moment in my opinion in MLP was, Rainbow Dash pulling off the Sonic Rainboom!

It really was by far amazing when I first saw it.

Yeah it was pretty amazing to see at first, I like Fluttershy's reaction though to it :D. Maybe I'm biased by being a Fluttershy fan.

I love the part where they blew the living shit out of Sombra! XD

AND when Twilight reversed gravity.  She did it right after I thought to myself, "just go the other way" XD SHE HEARD ME!!!!!

Hahahah, thats sweet :D. I didn't know she could manipulate gravity or anything, so I didn't really think about it.

And blowing Sombra to the sky was pretty awesome to :). First time we've had a villain who has just kinda vanished in an explosion.

Edited by Zygen

I think the most epic moment in the show was when Pinkie turns around and see's like 50 of herself standing behind her. I just really liked that scene for some reason.

• Brohoof 1

The end of Canterlot Wedding Part I, where fake Cadence sends Twilight into the caves underneath Canterlot. Shining Armor had just got done telling Twlight off, and just for a second you start thinking 'huh, maybe Twilight is just being paranoid,' then Cadence surronds Twilight with green fire and you're jaw just drops open with how awesomely it plays out.

• Brohoof 3

There was also (let us NEVER forget) the sacred moment when Derpy spoke :wub: :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

That goes down as one of the greatest moments in history: The day Derpy spoke

Derpy is overrated.  :umad:

I'm going to edit my answer slightly. For the moment where Fluttershy killed a bear was quite awesome, was it not?

• Brohoof 1

Discord's laugh as his statue begins to crack in The Return of Harmony Part 1. Most ominous and bad-ass moment ever. In that single moment I first watched those episodes, I knew that this pair of episodes were going to be beyond fabulous.

• Brohoof 3

The most epic moment for me was the canterlot wedding invasion and fight sequence. For me it wasn't just about making it look cool. It was at this point that the plot and theme of the episode shifted from being over protective of ones sibilings, to surviving an invasion.

Plus the invasion and fight sequence reminded me of the Powerpuff Girls movie. See the fight sequence for both and maybe you'll understand.

I haven't seen any of the Powerpuff girls at all in a while, but I still feel like I remember the fight sequence, and I didn't really watch Powerpuff girls all that much.

Obvious Rainboom is obvious,

After that I would like to nominate Fluttershy staring down the Cockatrice, the Twilight Gatling Gun and most of the things that Rainbow Dash has done.

*COUGH* DashForever your Rainbow Dash fanboy side is showing :) *COUGH*

Fluttershy staring down the cockatrice is pretty sweet to, not only because I'm a Fluttershy fan, but because it was the first clip I technically ever saw of MLP.

Twilights gatling gun was just funny to me :D.

I think the most epic moment in the show was when Pinkie turns around and see's like 50 of herself standing behind her. I just really liked that scene for some reason.

I laughed at that haha, that whole episode was full of Pinkie Pie randomness :D. But the tons of Pinkies was just so funny :D.

The end of Canterlot Wedding Part I, where fake Cadence sends Twilight into the caves underneath Canterlot. Shining Armor had just got done telling Twlight off, and just for a second you start thinking 'huh, maybe Twilight is just being paranoid,' then Cadence surronds Twilight with green fire and you're jaw just drops open with how awesomely it plays out.

I honestly could tell that she was evil, but I get what you mean, it does give you that hint of doubt, even if I knew deep down she was still evil. And the fire was actually quiet extreme, that whole set of scenes is quiet dark for a kids show ya know :P.

Trixie's return.

That's a bit difficult. I'm not sure. There are quite a few good ones... I quite like the whole AJ's parents are the shooting stars thing.

I never said you couldn't let your fanism get you a bit of bias :P. Hehe.

I liked the Shooting Star thing to, although I like it kinda more for the fact that it was a nice little hint thrown in the show, I love little hints and stuff that writers put in the show to foreshadow stuff, its always interesting to discuss :D.

There was also (let us NEVER forget) the sacred moment when Derpy spoke :wub: :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

That goes down as one of the greatest moments in history: The day Derpy spoke

Oh yeah! How could I forget that one! :D

While the scene was pretty awesome by itself, I still find the real magic was in the simple fact of how hasbro actually brought a fanmade character to life, I've never seen anything like that before, so its quiet stunning.

Derpy is overrated.  :umad:

I'm going to edit my answer slightly. For the moment where Fluttershy killed a bear was quite awesome, was it not?

Now now :D.

That moment still confuses me actually, not only was is surprisingly violent for a "Kids Show" but I still wonder why Fluttershy had to attack the bear so fiercely just to get all of the tension out of him. I mean it looked more like she broke his back instead of relieving tension.

Anyways I've always found that scene kinda confusing, maybe it was just an exaggeration because of how crazyed Twilight was, but it was pretty epic, it would be a crime for me to deny that as a Fluttershy fan :P.

Discord's laugh as his statue begins to crack in The Return of Harmony Part 1. Most ominous and bad-ass moment ever. In that single moment I first watched those episodes, I knew that this pair of episodes were going to be beyond fabulous.

I never really noticed this for somereason.. Or maybe I just didn't remember it, I can't tell which.

*Ahem* And then Chaotic Discord was born :D. To Bring chaos and takeover the MLP forums bring peace harmony, and justice to the forums! :D

• Brohoof 2

I never said you couldn't let your fanism get you a bit of bias :P. Hehe.

I liked the Shooting Star thing to, although I like it kinda more for the fact that it was a nice little hint thrown in the show, I love little hints and stuff that writers put in the show to foreshadow stuff, its always interesting to discuss :D.

Well, in that case, Trixie's return. She took over the entire town, and turned it into her image, and exiled one of the most powerful unicorns. Plus, dat intro.

Which I can't find by it's self... :|

• Brohoof 1

Well, in that case, Trixie's return. She took over the entire town, and turned it into her image, and exiled one of the most powerful unicorns. Plus, dat intro.

Which I can't find by it's self... :|

Isn't that basically the whole episode :P.

Oh well its ok, I know all about you and Trixie hehehe :D.

To me, the most epic part of the show would be in the season 1 finale when they sang at the gala and Rainbow's part came up. 

Best. Singing. Voice. Ever

Yeah Rainbow has a pretty sweet singing voice. Although I'm also just kinda a sucker for basically all the music in MLP.. Along with all the characters vocals, so yeah :P.

Isn't that basically the whole episode :P.

Oh well its ok, I know all about you and Trixie hehehe :D.

I meant specifically this bit:

U2QoO.jpg

Also, implying I have over 2,000 Trixie images on my laptop much?

I only have 1,902. Which isn't enough, obviously.

• Brohoof 3

Too many:

When the Elements of Harmony were first used

When I first heard Winter Wrap Up

The changeling fight scene

Hell, pretty much every song on the show

Discord in general

Derpy speaking

The Sonic Rainboom

Whenever Fluttershy gets mad

Everything Rarity does

... okay, maybe I'm being a little liberal with the word epic, but yeah, those are my favorite epic moments from the show. ^_^

• Brohoof 2

The Sonic Rainboom. It was jaw-dropping, and one of those times in Season 1 that MLP really distinguished itself from other shows for girls. I cried the first time I saw it and it's still a very emotional thing for me. :lol:

I didn't cry actually myself, it was pretty awesome though, but if anything I was more or less filled with joy.

Definitely a star episode though, and the Sonic Rainboom completes it. Plus seeing Rainbow Dash finally not being overconfident for once is a nice point of character development for her.

I meant specifically this bit:

U2QoO.jpg

Also, implying I have over 2,000 Trixie images on my laptop much?

I only have 1,902. Which isn't enough, obviously.

The alicorn amulet I have to say looks freakin boss :P, and Trixies return episode certainly made me like her alot more.

Also.. YOU ARE NOT A TRUE TRIXIE FAN! SHUN THE FAKE FAN GO GET ATLEAST 9000  TRIXIE IMAGES NOW! OR FACE DEATH!

You know if thats ok with you...

Too many:

When the Elements of Harmony were first used

When I first heard Winter Wrap Up

The changeling fight scene

Hell, pretty much every song on the show

Discord in general

Derpy speaking

The Sonic Rainboom

Whenever Fluttershy gets mad

Everything Rarity does

... okay, maybe I'm being a little liberal with the word epic, but yeah, those are my favorite epic moments from the show. ^_^

Oh trust me I have alot of moments I find epic in the show, I just picked this one to save me trouble from picking because it was the clip I was watching when this idea came to me for this thread, otherwise I'd still be in my indecisive state trying to pick. :P

• Brohoof 2

The alicorn amulet I have to say looks freakin boss :P, and Trixies return episode certainly made me like her alot more.

Also.. YOU ARE NOT A TRUE TRIXIE FAN! SHUN THE FAKE FAN GO GET ATLEAST 9000  TRIXIE IMAGES NOW! OR FACE DEATH!

Kay. *goes to Trixie Supremacy*

*has most of the pictures of solo Trixie*

Uhm. How many stills do you reckon are in two episodes? Just askin'.

• Brohoof 1

Kay. *goes to Trixie Supremacy*

*has most of the pictures of solo Trixie*

Uhm. How many stills do you reckon are in two episodes? Just askin'.

Uhmm... Idk.. Quiet alot I imagine, considering how many frames there are in a video.

According to google at 24 frames a second there is 1440 in a minute. So multiple that by 22..

Thats about 31680 per episode.. And multiply that by 2...

Thats 63360 frames in 2 episodes at least..

Atleast a 1/4 or half of that proably has trixie in that.

So something like 1500 frames roughly, or maybe more or less.

Why you askin :3?

Uhmm... Idk.. Quiet alot I imagine, considering how many frames there are in a video.

According to google at 24 frames a second there is 1440 in a minute. So multiple that by 22..

Thats about 31680 per episode.. And multiply that by 2...

Thats 63360 frames in 2 episodes at least..

Atleast a 1/4 or half of that proably has trixie in that.

So something like 1500 frames roughly, or maybe more or less.

Why you askin :3?

No reason... I mean... I plan on animating a full episode! Yea! And since I animate in photoshop, knowing how many frames I'll need to do is a good idea...

Since Photoshop has a 500 frame limit, guess I can't do it anymore! ^-^'

• Brohoof 1

No reason... I mean... I plan on animating a full episode! Yea! And since I animate in photoshop, knowing how many frames I'll need to do is a good idea...

Since Photoshop has a 500 frame limit, guess I can't do it anymore! ^-^'

Yeah, your probably going to have to use some animating softwear of some sort, plus animating frame by frame might take a while :P.

Animation softwear has all kinds of neat shortcuts and stuff.

Of course I'm no animator, so don't take my word on it or anything.

"No I do not love the groom, in my heart there is no room."

This Day Aria is both beautiful and epic. That whole episode is epic as a matter of fact.

I agree, I really like I've said before am quiet the sucker for music :P. And the episode really is quiet an amazing ending for the season when you really think about it, much better in my opinion then the ending of S1.

Not to mention it has some wonderful songs in it. :D (Like this Day Aria of course)