New Mane 6 character? (spoilerific)

Flutterbee

With the news about Twilight Sparkle becoming an Alicorn/Princess that means we need a 2nd unicorn in the mane 6 right?  Gotta have 2 of each.  I'm not completely sure if it will happen or who it will be but I'm pretty sure it would requires somepony that is both GREAT and POWERFUL, would you agree?

the_great_and_powerful_trixie_by_shadow_

I don't agree...

- The six members of the mane crew each correspond to an Element of Harmony. They'd have to create a new one for Trixie, she couldn't take up Twilight's Element of Magic because that was designated to Twilight right from the beginning.

- Trixie, from the beginning, had very few redeeming features, lesser so a particular trait to work as her Element.

- Trixie isn't at all that big a character in the show. The fanon is massive, but in reality she's there for just two episodes.

- Although you'd have two of each pony type, the colours need to be unique. Trixie's too similar in colour to Rainbow Dash.

Edited by Flipturn
  • Brohoof 3

Nope. I'm still thinking that the thing's going to be temporary. And even if it isn't, they're not going to shake up the show dynamic enough to add another main character. I have that much faith in them at least. Besides, if Alicorn Twi is permanent, it would kind of be indicative of the fact that they don't give a crap about balancing out the main characters anyway.

It depends if Trixie will return again. Twilight as a alicorn might not be permanent if it is, then if we get another member of the Mane 6 wouldn't there be 7 members. :P

A potential idea that would fit the overall storyline seamlessly is to have the Mane Six retire from their positions as Elements of Harmony altogether when the focus on Twilight ends, preferably when she officially is crowned ruler of Equestria. Then perhaps introduce a completely new batch of young ponies and have them don the roles of "Equestrias Saviours" as it were. This would be similar to how the original series of Star Trek ended -- the Constitution class Enterprise crew was phased out in favour of Starfleet's descendants, what we now commonly know as members of the Enterprise D starring Picard and Riker. Very similar roles of course, but completely different personalities.

As for the post, however... you can forget it. There is no indication as to whether or not Trixie's character is much deeper than one would originally presume anyway, as it's highly unlikely that they'll replace Twilight Sparkle with a secondary character.

Edited by Alfonzo Dennard

Oh, I don't really thing that Trixie would fill become a mane character.  I thought it an interesting possiblity.  That point about her color being too much like Rainbowdash's actually is a good point too.  It is silly that something as silly as color scheme would make a difference, in a cartoon like this it would be true.  Anything else could work though as Trixie could be the new element of magic.  I mean we already had the element of Loyalty replaced with a better alternative, so why not Magic?  Haha joking of course on that one.  Anyway if it were to happen I couldn't think of a current character more suited than Trixie but yeah, it wouldn't happen.  More likely things would just continue how they are.  I think the possibility of the CMC getting cutie marks could happen though and they kinda become the new core characters.  Anyway, just wanted to get a conversation going about it and that seems to be accomplished.

Of course that is right, Trixie would have to be an alicorn too!

idon't think we should have another main character.cause im pretty sure that twilight becoming an allicorn probaly wont last for a while.and if we had to have 2 ponies of each type,we would also need another allicorn as well.