Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Sexuality of the Mane 6?

CT-1138

(edited)

Could have sworn I saw this topic somewhere, but I can't track it down so here it is. What do you think the Mane 6's sexuality is?

Rainbow Dash: straight (bi at the most).
Twilight: straight
Rarity: straight
Fluttershy: ? She strikes me as the type of pony who'd be way too shy to be in a relationship, for some reason. I could go with any direction here.
Pinkie Pie: anything goes.
Applejack: I have NO idea why, but for some reason I feel like AJ would be a lesbian. Maybe I'm a sucker for AppleDash shipping, Idunno.

Edited by Dinos4Ever
  • Brohoof 12

Rainbow Dash is bi, she's too awesome to be contained to one gender

in fact, until there's official confirmation on the show(which will probably never happen), I consider them all to be bi

• Brohoof 13

Twilight: Straight as an arrow.

Rainbowdash: Bi.

Applejack: Straight

Pinkie Pie: Lesbian (Or bi)

Rarity: Straight

Flutter Shy: Idk..... I really cant tell... my best guess is Bi.

This is just based on overall personality and their actions.... Take it with a grain of salt PLEASE

• Brohoof 3

Eh, i've always seen them as being straight really. I can't really see any of them being anything else as far as the show goes except for rainbow maybe.

Of course I still read shipfics and stuff, so idk maybe i'm just weird :P.

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

Twilight: Pansexual, I have my reasons but lack the proper ability to do so at 7:30AM - EDITED

Rainbow Dash: Bisexual or Lesbian, she's quite masculine in the way she composes herself.

Applejack: Straight, nuff said.

Pinkie Pie: Party animal, probably doesn't even know what she is herself. Open to anything.

Rarity: Straight, she seems to consider herself a "proper" lady IMO.

Flutter: Asexual.

Edited by Kaz

(edited)

Well, we already know that Lauren intended for them all to be straight like she said in that interview. :P  If I had to guess for myself I would say that they all are straight except maybe Rainbow.  People tend to think AJ is Lesbian but I really don't think so.

Twilight: She's well educated so I'd say she's Pansexual.

Haha what does being well educated have to do with being pansexual?  Last time I checked there wasn't a correlation between education and sexual attraction, considering its something your supposed to be born with.

Edited by John
  • Brohoof 7

Well, we already know that Lauren intended for them all to be straight like she said in that interview. :P  If I had to guess for myself I would say that they all are straight except maybe Rainbow.  People tend to think AJ is Lesbian but I really don't think so.

Haha what does being well educated have to do with being pansexual?  Last time I checked there wasn't a correlation between education and sexual attraction, considering its something your supposed to be born with.

I have to agree. Being educated has absolutely ZERO to do with ones sexuality, and ive found heavily educated women to be the best lovers..... Hands down.

• Brohoof 3

I haven't really decided what sexuality they are, really. If its not canon, I don't consider it to be true.
However, we can assume Rarity and Twilight are attracted to males at the least because of Rarity's interest in Blueblood and Twilight's in Flash Sentry.

• Brohoof 7

I've always thought Rainbow Dash would be straight. Probably because my girlfriend is a straight tomboy.

But I also think that Twilight and Applejack are also probably straight.

I think the other three are probably bi.

But it doesn't really matter since Faust specifically said that there can't be that kind of thing in the show.

• Brohoof 2

As much as it pains me to say it, I'd have to say Twilight is straight.  <--TwiDash fan.

Rainbow is definitely bi.  I agree with @Godot on this one.  She can't be constrained.

Fluttershy doesn't have a sexuality.  I've seen almost no interest or characteristics that would say otherwise.  Except for maybe the thing with Rainbow Dash's 'second' Sonic Rainboom, where she actually cheers for her.  If I had to pick, I'd say lesbian.

Rarity is definitely straight.

Applejack, I'm gonna have to say, lesbian but might also be bi.

Pinkie Pie is bi.  If she can break the fourth wall, she can break the sexuality barrier.

Only my opinions and are obviously not factual.  I don't ever foresee Lauren, the writers, or the voice actors giving any type of answer to this question ... ever.  So it's all only speculation.  As far as we know, everypony could be (leaning either way/riding the fence).

• Brohoof 2

My guess? More likely than not they are all straight. Pinkie may be asexual.

Why? Because most human beings are straight. For the most part at least. Some are gay and that's fine but most people are naturally drawn to the opposite sex by primal instinct. Untill there is something that screams "Wow.. That pony acted REALLY lesbian" I see no reason to believe they are. Being a tomboy doesn't make a girl gay, nor does rainbows. Rainbows have been in Pony cartoons since the beginning. Rainbows are pretty. Means nothing more.

• Brohoof 6

(edited)

There really is no evidence for any of the mane 6's sexuality other than Rarity and maybe Twilight. Rarity because she was obviously attracted to Prince Blueblood (more like Blueballs but whatevs), and Twilight might well be interested in guys too considering her apparent crush on Flash Sentry. As for the other 4, one can only guess as there is absolutely no evidence either way. I will mention a few things.

Just because RD carries herself as more masculine than her friends, that's no indication that she's gay. If there can be very masculine men who like other guys, it should say how gender stereotypes have nothing to do with anyone's sexuality. RD could very easily be straight. And even if it did, RD has displayed very feminine qualities in more than just a few occasions. "OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG" when she won the young flier's competition, her squealing like a fangirl when the wonderbolts invited her to hang out with them during the gala are just two examples off the top of my head.

Fluttershy being asexual could make sense, but then, neither Applejack, RD or Pinkie Pie showed any more inclination toward sexuality than Fluttershy has, yet everyone is pegging her as the asexual one whereas they're judging Pinkie, RD and AJ as the ones who don't even care what gender any other pony is. That doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. Fluttershy could well be straight, bi, or lesbian or asexual. We simply don't know. Being extremely shy to the point where one might think she has social anxiety doesn't mean she can't be a goddess in bed. With anypony.

Edited by Freedan
  • Brohoof 13

I haven't really decided what sexuality they are, really. If its not canon, I don't consider it to be true.

However, we can assume Rarity and Twilight are attracted to males at the least because of Rarity's interest in Blueblood and Twilight's in Flash Sentry.

Wait.  I thought that EG wasn't going to be canon, which was allowing me to retain interest in the show.  Is this not true?  Is EG becoming canon?  People said it was just a spinoff. :(

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Wait.  I thought that EG wasn't going to be canon, which was allowing me to retain interest in the show.  Is this not true?  Is EG becoming canon?  People said it was just a spinoff. :(

I wouldn't say its properly canon, because the crew said you can completely disregard it if you want, but personally, I'm sort of considering it as canon. To me, if its made my the crew and Hasbro, its canon xD

They also said they're never going to address or reference anything from EG in the main show, so you can keep watching the main show and not have to see EG.

Edited by Apocalyptic_Unicorn
  • Brohoof 4

I wouldn't say its properly canon, because the crew said you can completely disregard it if you want, but personally, I'm sort of considering it as canon. To me, if its made my the crew and Hasbro, its canon xD

Well although you would say its canon, would you agree that its not canon with respect to the show?

They also said they're never going to address or reference anything from EG in the main show, so you can keep watching the main show and not have to see EG.

Woah, I was scared for a second there.  *Wipes sweat off of forehead*

Twilicorn was one thing, but a canon EG would probably make me consider leaving.

Also, being a "spinoff," I see EG as sort of branching off of the show (like suddenly having a split into two different dimensions).  If Twilight was straight in EG, its not unreasonable to assume that she's born that way.  If she was born that way, it would influence both the dimensions of EG and FIM since they both came from one.

Well although you would say its canon, would you agree that its not canon with respect to the show?

I agree with that. In the 'grand scheme of things', its not canon.

Woah, I was scared for a second there.  *Wipes sweat off of forehead*

Yep, I was the same way when news of EG first came out, but I sort of accepted it haha.

Also, being a "spinoff," I see EG as sort of branching off of the show (like suddenly having a split into two different dimensions).  If Twilight was straight in EG, its not unreasonable to assume that she's born that way.  If she was born that way, it would influence both the dimensions of EG and FIM since they both came from one.

That's a good way to think of it. It makes sense :P
  • Brohoof 1

I see all of the mane 6 as being straight, but not afraid to show affection towards those of the same gender.  They're just really friendly  :lol: .  

• Brohoof 6

i believe they're all straight even rainbow dash, masculine girls doesn't exactly mean lesbian or Bi-sexual

although i believe they just don't have any interest in the opposite sex or same sex(for arguments sake) as of yet

• Brohoof 6

Twilight- I don't see her as having much interest in relationships but I would say pansexual too.

Applejack- Repressed lesbian. Lol this is my headcanon though.

Rainbow Dash- Bisexual

Fluttershy- ????????? Maybe demisexual

Rarity- Straight as an arrow

Pinkie Pie- Anything goes.

Spike- Straight so far though he is young.

• Brohoof 2

Rarity- Straight without a doubt her crush on Prince Blueblood made it pretty obvious

Twilight Sparkle- Straight as well, her and Flash clearly liked each other as to whether or not that will go anywhere is anyones guess.

Applejack- Most likely straight Applejack probably has some fairly old fashioned views but given the right stallion will probably give the lucky bastard the ride of his life.

Rainbow Dash- Probably either bi or straight alot of people speculate about her being a lesbian because of her being a tomboy but what people forget is that Applejack is just as much of a tomboy as Rainbow Dash is with the only difference being that she is more comfortable expressing the more feminine aspects of her personality even if she isn't as much as a girly girl as Rarity.

Pinkie Pie- Either bi or pansexual, I could easily see Pinkie Pie swinging both ways or not even caring at all what is ahem down there if you know what I mean.

Fluttershy- Hard to say with her, I think she is the most likely to be a lesbian of the mane 6 but we don't have anything to really go on other than speculation. Some have said that she is asexual and that might be the case but extreme shyness dosen't always mean asexuality, there are plenty of shy people that have some very strong desires and that may be the case with Fluttershy.

• Brohoof 2

Twilight - Heterosexual

Rainbow Dash - Homosexual

Fluttershy - N/A

Rarity - Heterosexual

Pinkie Pie - Heterosexual

Applejack - Heterosexual

• Brohoof 1

Until I was introduced to the Bronyhood I had never even thought about it. If I had to guess I would have to say:

-Twilight: Straight

-Rarity: Straight

-Applejack: Bisexual (maybe) or straight

-Pinkie Pie: Pansexual (she loves everyone)

-Fluttershy: Either asexual or still in the closet.

-Rainbow Dash: Gay (though I could see her as straight or bi.

We'll probably never know for sure. Until it's made canon we'll just have to speculate.

• Brohoof 3

Most of these people saying anyone in the Mane Six are homosexual or bisexual are letting Fics get to there head. I'd say at-most Dashie could be homosexual, but that's a far cry only based on lesbian stereotypes.

But that'd be sweet if they all were lesbians.

The truth is they are all straight.

• Brohoof 3