Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv The Anime Club

PonyEcho

Ok this will be a nice little clubhouse/thread for people to talk about anime first and for most with the purpose of have a single anime as a focus point every week or so for people to check out or to simply talk about to there hearts content. 

now some rules 

1) If you are going to talk about a plot point or scene, plz put it in a spoiler. 

2) If you have a recommendation for an anime we should focus on plz PM me about it, it must be a short series tho 30 episodes max with some exceptions and no ongoing series that's super popular

3) we'll be trying to change the anime we focus on once a week on average depending on the length.

OK i'll probably think of more later so lets move on

previous Anime

FLCL (Fooly Cooly)
Baccano! 

Read or Die

Star Driver

Kino's Journey

The anime winter season

this weeks anime is

Nothing ^-^ taking a small break as to not give people too much anime on there plate.

So plz join the club and have fun.

If you want a link to were you can watch the anime just ask..... or google

Edited by PonyEcho
  • Brohoof 5

this would be my fave anime of all time (and that's saying a lot, considering the amount of anime shows I watch); everything absolutely worked, the characters, the music, the plots, the randomness, OH GOD the randomness, had loads of fun when I first watched it and had the same amount of fun with every revision, truly a masterpiece worth watching again and again

• Brohoof 1

FLCL

was a mind f*ck and I love

every ep just due to that reason!

One thing that caught my eye was the edge likes style

of the show.   It was beyend most animes of the time for style

and action and the humor was just grand but it was also

deep in some ways and touching in a human point.

Also adding in the Pillows Music just was a plus!

• Brohoof 2

FLCL is a great anime no wonder u picked it first.

ive seen it twice and still dont fully understand it, but even still its great with it art style and randomness. like i said its so confusing it needs to be watch more than once to understand some of it and even then still a little difficult, but i like the challenged.

• Brohoof 1

I saw a lot of episodes of FLCL just randomly on Adult Swim over the years, and I still can't make any sense of it. It's not bad, but it is really confusing. The absurdity of it all made it pretty entertaining, though it made the plot very hard to follow. I give it a 7/10. I should really finish the series sometime.

• Brohoof 1

This sounds like a great idea! I love bunches of anime. Mainly Pokemon, One Piece, Naruto, Sailor Moon, and others. So those would be some good ones to include in here! :D There's also Full Metal Alchemist, and Death Note. Also good ones. 

Also, I've heard of an anime called Hetalia, but I haven't watched it yet. Heard there were many fans... So yeah. And Clannad/Clannad After story were good as well! 

I'm gonna bring up Sailor Moon, since I heard there was a new anime of it coming out this summer. The same voice actor for Sailor Moon is coming back too! I;m reading the manga series, and watching the anime as well. I need to finish all of it so I can watch the new anime!!

I saw a lot of episodes of FLCL just randomly on Adult Swim over the years, and I still can't make any sense of it. It's not bad, but it is really confusing. The absurdity of it all made it pretty entertaining, though it made the plot very hard to follow. I give it a 7/10. I should really finish the series sometime.

I had the same kind of experience. It seemed so random and somewhat strange. Still I found it pretty entertaining; it was funny and I loved the art style and the animation. 

FLCL, It's ridiculous but it works.

This sounds like a great idea! I love bunches of anime. Mainly Pokemon, One Piece, Naruto, Sailor Moon, and others. So those would be some good ones to include in here! :D There's also Full Metal Alchemist, and Death Note. Also good ones. 

Also, I've heard of an anime called Hetalia, but I haven't watched it yet. Heard there were many fans... So yeah. And Clannad/Clannad After story were good as well! 

I'm gonna bring up Sailor Moon, since I heard there was a new anime of it coming out this summer. The same voice actor for Sailor Moon is coming back too! I;m reading the manga series, and watching the anime as well. I need to finish all of it so I can watch the new anime!!

Thanks

the idea is to get everypony checking out new anime series as well as some classics, and not rely any long running stuff because it'll be harder for people to soak in, in a week.

also planning on some Anime Movies too maybe as a side thing for the club

so i was going to suggest to the people that didnt watch all of it to go to netflix they have, but no, they got rid of FLCL which makes me mad. netflix use to have a great selection of anime thats why i bought it. but they got rid of so many good anime.im so sad :( i was going to watch it again

so i was going to suggest to the people that didnt watch all of it to go to netflix they have, but no, they got rid of FLCL which makes me mad. netflix use to have a great selection of anime thats why i bought it. but they got rid of so many good anime.im so sad :( i was going to watch it again

yeah -_- i have it on dvd :3 tho i have no problem with people watching anime online because much off it is out of print. tho FLCL is kinda cheap on DVD thanks to it being saved by funamation :3

(I hope I don't need to ask to join this or anything...but oh well)

Well....FLCL as a start for an anime here

....I think I'm liking this club already

But yeah FLCL is #6 on my top 10 list of anime series

I loved the characters in it

And it was just funny and filled with crazy madness

That made it so enjoyable for me

Plus added on with some things that may get you through

Your very own years of being a teenager

I remember when I had first seen this anime I had watched the whole series in one night

Ah FLCL, I can still remember when I first saw that. It was a late Saturday night and I was watching Toonami and I saw the first episode. At that time I didn't understand what was going on but I liked what I saw. So then I saw every other episode they showed until the final one, one of the best if I gotta say.

Gotta say cool to see someone start this on the forums. Never realy had any other people to talk about this stuff with, so cool to be part of this.

• Brohoof 1

It made absolutely no sense whatsoever and was seriously one of the trippiest shows I have ever seen but in a very good way. I have no idea how to even begin to describe it, it is just one of those shows that you have to see.

:3 so nice to see this thread coming along nicely.

since FLCL is only 6 episodes long i'm going to move onto the next Anime tomorrow (which is still being decided) 

It made absolutely no sense whatsoever and was seriously one of the trippiest shows I have ever seen but in a very good way. I have no idea how to even begin to describe it, it is just one of those shows that you have to see.

thats the great thing about fooly cooly

you never find out what fooly cooly means.... but you don't even need to because they don't care FLCL is made for you to do what ever you want with it.
you can watch and understand what its about or you can just turn your mind off

I watched it the first time with my head at the door and loved it, then i kept watching it and began to understand bits or at least have my own take on the episode

FLCL was actually made to be an abstract representation of what it's like for a kid to go through puberty. That's what I hear at least.

Just started watching Gurren Lagann for the first time last night. Had a really atmospheric first episode!

Also been watching Cardfight Vanguard with my brother, up to episode 41. Love these types of shows and I wanna try to get some Vanguard cards.

• Brohoof 1

ok, it's the start of a new week so time for a new anime :3

this weeks anime is

Baccano!

baccano.jpg1

16 episodes

features mature content (gore) 

strange episode structure

dub superior to sub

this is another personal fave for me but it can be a bit hard to grasp.
its isn't played out like any other anime its starts with the aftermath then shifts to 3 different story all linked together heavily like there being picked out of news paper clippings.
this Prohibition era anime..... Baccano being Italian for ruckus/ racket.

link because I believe it is no longer on netflixs and the dvd's are hard to find (took me over a year)

http://www.animefreak.tv/watch/baccano-online 

• Brohoof 1

Okay....so I have no idea what this anime is about at all

But it does look really interesting, I might check it out sometime

After I'm finished watching all of the series that I had never finished

• Brohoof 1

well i found it on hulu. i only had time to watch a episode so i dont really understand it yet, but i can say from what i saw the setting is pretty cool and characters seem interesting. im going to have to watch all of it after im done with the other anime im working on. good choice :)

well i found it on hulu. i only had time to watch a episode so i dont really understand it yet, but i can say from what i saw the setting is pretty cool and characters seem interesting. im going to have to watch all of it after im done with the other anime im working on. good choice :)

yeah i find that to be how it is paced, telly 3 of the same story all liked together by the main characters..... and those characters are the highlight of the show. it rely picks up too 

Baccano! is an absolute blast.  It's basically what you would get if the cast of a Quentin Tarantino movie were all Highlanders and lived in 1930s Chicago.  It's a large cast, but they're all really memorable and I love seeing how the multiple storyline get all entangled with each other.  It's told in a completely nonlinear fashion so it maybe confusing at first, but it's a lot of fun to watch. 

Plus I love the opening sequence.

• Brohoof 3

Baccano! is an absolute blast.  It's basically what you would get if the cast of a Quentin Tarantino movie were all Highlanders and lived in 1930s Chicago.  It's a large cast, but they're all really memorable and I love seeing how the multiple storyline get all entangled with each other.  It's told in a completely nonlinear fashion so it maybe confusing at first, but it's a lot of fun to watch. 

good i love that opening so much, btw have you seen Durarara? its a spiritual squeal of sorts too Baccano. 

its as awesome as Baccano too  

I need to watch this anime, it looks great.Now It's on my "Great list of anime I need to watch" but I'm gonna watch the piIot right now 

• Brohoof 1