Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The love of My Little Pony grows?

Gabby_Gumz

Before i was a brony i lived a pretty normal life. (Im not saying its abnormal to be a brony)

I use to sit im my room all day playing Xbox until i started to watch my little pony. now when im at school i use to look forward to get home play call of duty or minecraft, now i look forward to come home and watch my little pony. 

Ive seen all episodes and fan-made cartoons like my little dashie ect...

So i started to not-watch MLP and recently i felt really depressed and sad, no family problems or school problems. So i came home from school and thought I'd watch a MLP eposode before i went to sleep, the next day i felt happier and cheerful and and normal then i had a sudden reliseation, My little pony had become part of my life, As off that day i sit in my room with my laptop playing MLP and play my Xbox at the same time.

I was wondering if anyone else has had the same experience? 

EDIT: As some of you call of duty fans know you can make your own player card, GT: Scopy 6126 My player card spells out    BRONY FTW with a picture of rainbow dash under neith as my favorit pony is Rainbowdash

I can truly relate to that, at least some of it is the exact same experience i had, i used all my time watching mlp, i even did so when learning for the finals, while i was also listening to everfree radio. I passed all of them, so it did help me with stress related issues.

Ponies just make everything awesome. Btw, i see that you have watched "my little dashie" cartoon, you have to read the story, if you haven't. I actually played the story on youtube, while reading the story itself, it takes around one hour and twenty minutes. Just having the dead island theme song in the back, it is truly a heartbreaking story, i decided to actually read it because, you know the cartoon had monkeys, i was just checking if it had monkeys in the story itself. But i related to the story and got drawn into it. I didn't even know it was a sad story, i don't want to spoil it for you, so im not going to quote the story, but after you've read it, (if you haven't already) google, my little dashie letter. Manly tears were shed that day.

I'm not to the point where withdrawal causes problems - but I've been pony-obsessed for far longer than I'm usually obsessed with things (2 years this May) so it's safe to assume my affinity for the show continues to grow. My studies in meteorology keep me busy when I'm not at work so I have other interests, but safe to say, the plushies are definitely staying on the bed and merch is definitely getting bought haha.

I will say though, the show helps a lot with depression and general unhappiness - I have other outlets, but ponies are VERY effective at smoothing the ruts in the road of life! :wub:

I can truly relate to that, at least some of it is the exact same experience i had, i used all my time watching mlp, i even did so when learning for the finals, while i was also listening to everfree radio. I passed all of them, so it did help me with stress related issues.

Ponies just make everything awesome. Btw, i see that you have watched "my little dashie" cartoon, you have to read the story, if you haven't. I actually played the story on youtube, while reading the story itself, it takes around one hour and twenty minutes. Just having the dead island theme song in the back, it is truly a heartbreaking story, i decided to actually read it because, you know the cartoon had monkeys, i was just checking if it had monkeys in the story itself. But i related to the story and got drawn into it. I didn't even know it was a sad story, i don't want to spoil it for you, so im not going to quote the story, but after you've read it, (if you haven't already) google, my little dashie letter. Manly tears were shed that day.

About the my little dashie thing, The first time i saw it was the monkey one and then about a week later i saw my little dashie in a top 10 pony fanmade videos and one of the top ten was my little dashie and the clip they showed in that looked nothing like monkeys and a badly drawn rainbow dash  I decided to Google this up and i found that it was a story, I began to read but as i am lazy i decided to do a youtube search of someone reading it, i found one a two parter and listened to it all.   Now i dont usally cry at sad programs or song but a tear did run down my cheek that night. 

Too be honest i didn't expect to get 28 replies to this topic. I only posted it to see if other people where feeling the some way. Thanks everyone. :) 

• Brohoof 1

About the my little dashie thing, The first time i saw it was the monkey one and then about a week later i saw my little dashie in a top 10 pony fanmade videos and one of the top ten was my little dashie and the clip they showed in that looked nothing like monkeys and a badly drawn rainbow dash  I decided to Google this up and i found that it was a story, I began to read but as i am lazy i decided to do a youtube search of someone reading it, i found one a two parter and listened to it all.   Now i dont usally cry at sad programs or song but a tear did run down my cheek that night. 

Too be honest i didn't expect to get 28 replies to this topic. I only posted it to see if other people where feeling the some way. Thanks everyone. :)

I had a hard time after reading it, i would just go on youtube listening to the dead island theme song. And i would then look at a picture of her. It's been a while since i read it, about three weeks ago. But i was actually sad for a week after i had read it. :(

Each time i see that letter, i get flashbacks of the story.. The story is written in a way, that you feel like your the one who has Dashie.

Congrats on your topic getting around 28 replies.

Edited by Fluttershyfan94

Withdrawals? I don't know about that, but I do distinctly remember waking up saturday morning about a month ago and expecting to watch the new episode Keep Calm and Flutter On, but then being hit with a rerun of Too Many Pinkie Pies. I think Sweetie Belle sums up my reaction perfectly:

I do find myself think about and musing about the characters and the writing in the show, thinking back on certain favorite episodes in mys pare time. I love listening to Everfree Radio, or the various fan commentaries/reactions, or going to this forum and taking part in the lively banter. It's so comforting- like others might snuggle up under the covers and read a good book, I snuggle up and watch a Bronies React video on my iPhone.

Too be honest i didn't expect to get 28 replies to this topic. I only posted it to see if other people where feeling the some way.

I wouldn't be that surprised, for we are on a brony board after all.

My Little Dashie is the only MLP-Fanfiction I've read so far (which is a shame, since I usually am that much of a word-fetishist), and it totally knocked me off for a day or two... it's beautiful :( . But I've to admit that wasn't the first time this happend, good stories tend to have that effect on me.

• Brohoof 1

My Little Dashie is the only MLP-Fanfiction I've read so far (which is a shame, since I usually am that much of a word-fetishist), and it totally knocked me off for a day or two... it's beautiful :( . But I've to admit that wasn't the first time this happend, good stories tend to have that effect on me.

Too be honest i dont really read i tend to listen to audio books and i dont usually cry at sad movies like titanic or sad books but i thought that my little dashie was soo good i am currently looking for people to help me make the film. > http://mlpforums.com/topic/48724-need-recruitment-for-made-videos/#entry1154118

• Brohoof 1

I've had people tell me "Oooh... You just like colorful things. Yada yada yada... You're just a man-child."

This is BS. The reason I like the show is because of the characters, the universe that surrounds them and the simple quality of the show, overall. All this combined with the message this show has the tendency of delivering... It gives the show an "aura" of happiness that's just contagious.

I still smile re-watching old episodes and I can't help smiling back every time one of the ponies stops talking and smiles. And it has a great style of taking us into the lives of these characters showing how they react with this whole universe around them with brilliant humor and mostly well written stories. Both in "slice of life" episodes and the epic adventures like Return of Harmony.

And to top all that there's the fantastic songs by Daniel Ingram and the musics from William Kevin Anderson. The second, sometimes does his job so well that the BGM feels completely natural.

It's a sure-fire tactic: feeling bad? Watch an episode or two. Feel better again.

• Brohoof 2

Honestly, My Little Pony, at least for me, is one of those things that just makes you happy when you see it!  I'm prone to depression (mostly seasonal), and MLP is a fantastic way for me to keep my head above water on days when I'm struggling.  I think one of the biggest reasons for this is just how... pure the show is.  Its charm lies in how great of an escape it is from the contention of everyday life, and while I don't want to say you should avoid life, it's a fantastic respite sometimes.  So I can more than understand your feelings, and actually share them in a way.   :lol:

• Brohoof 2

I can very much relate. When I started going for a brief period of not watching MLP (as I was still waiting for the new season), I too developed this strange depression and forlorn attitude that had seemingly manifested itself out of nowhere, until I realised that it was the lack of MLP I was watching that made me this way. From now on, I also try my best to watch at least one episode per day to keep my spirits up for the days ahead. Technically you could say that watching the show is healthy, since I have never watched an episode and not smiled at least once :)
Even when seeing an old episode for the 3rd or 4th time, I always find something in the episodes that make me laugh and smile. I think I have certainly become a better and happier person since becoming a brony (and meeting all of the wonderfully nice people in our community) :)

• Brohoof 2

Too be honest i dont really read i tend to listen to audio books and i dont usually cry at sad movies like titanic or sad books but i thought that my little dashie was soo good i am currently looking for people to help me make the film. > http://mlpforums.com/topic/48724-need-recruitment-for-made-videos/#entry1154118

Honestly you should make it, but before you dive right in.. Here's a trailer you should see first...There have been nine months, since that video was put up, this movie has been delayed a lot, but it's ok, it will end up being awesome .. It looks promising..

Rainbow Dash is a really good actor.

MLP just makes me happy, plan and simple.  It's raining here and everyone is walking around looking like their mom just died and hurrying to classes while I'm walking to class grinning like a fool listening to Brony music. :D

• Brohoof 1

I have actually noticed my mood improve overall since I decided to "join the herd". I still don;t like Pony and Brony terminology, it bugs me, but coming on and looking at new MLP creations always is like feeding an addiction...

But actually, it probably isn't bad, because when one is aquatinted to anything in their life, it is kind of like an addiction, such as tv, internet, exercising, talking, and more. 

But I think it is the cheeriness of MLP that makes me more cheery, not only the "satisfying the addiction" thing. 

Although, I do notice sad or dark themed MLP fanfiction effects me more in the sadness than other sad things, probably because it takes cheeriness to sadness, and that increases the effect.

I've been obsessed with MLP for about 6 or so months. Plenty of times I've been obsessed with things for a short amount of time, and then I'd just faze out of it.

The only thing that I've been attached to for a long time, besides MLP, is DBZ and Zelda.

Honestly you should make it, but before you dive right in.. Here's a trailer you should see first...There have been nine months, since that video was put up, this movie has been delayed a lot, but it's ok, it will end up being awesome .. It looks promising..

Atuly this is what inspired me to make the movie but it will be in cartoon mode and not like reel life and wont be as bad animation as the monkey version of my little dashie :D

Atuly this is what inspired me to make the movie but it will be in cartoon mode and not like reel life and wont be as bad animation as the monkey version of my little dashie :D

Ohh.. im sorry, i had somehow misinterpreted you.. Sorry for that. That on the other hand is a good idea.. would love to see a cartoon version based on the story itself.. Although the one with the monkeys was awesome, but i would still like to see a cartoon version based movie on the story, good luck on that.. I was inspired actually to write a fanfic, not promising anything, since i haven't finished it. It's around 13000 words.. Don't want to give up any information about it, since im not even sure if i will puplish it. But good luck on that movie..

I haven't necessarily been depressed by not watching the show (in fact I'm a bit behind right now), but I would say the show has definitely had an impact on my life. I think a fair bit about the show and it's characters daily, amongst other things, so I would say the love grows.

In fact, it is heartbreaking to think about forgetting the ponies. They just make me so happy and I always get me wondering if i will ever get a life without brony music, watching fan videos everyday and drawing ponies in the middle of the class. I'm afraid of living a life that is just around a show and at the same time I know it'll be sad to live a life without the ponies... at least until I get used to it.. 

And I really don't want to get used...  :(

I was never a person with many hobbies. I have been a Lego enthusiast all my life, and ponies helped add a little more to my interests. Now, one of the first things I check on my laptop each morning is Equestria Daily. Always looking forward to more ponies :lol:

• Brohoof 1

In fact, it is heartbreaking to think about forgetting the ponies. They just make me so happy and I always get me wondering if i will ever get a life without brony music, watching fan videos everyday and drawing ponies in the middle of the class. I'm afraid of living a life that is just around a show and at the same time I know it'll be sad to live a life without the ponies... at least until I get used to it.. 

Why would you ever forget the ponies. :(  Also i draw ponies everywhere, even at school, even when doing math.. I can draw a pony in ten seconds flat, sort of, without colouring them that is.. You don't have to be affraid of living a life that is just around the show, also you don't have to life a live without it..  Before ponies, i had a pretty steady routine, boring one, but it was "Wake up, school, play a video game, go for a drive, sleep, repeat" Kind of like "my little dashie", but not walking, i stopped walking a pretty long time ago.  :D  All im saying, is that, what ponies gave too me that day, when i decided to keep watching it.. was something special..

Besides, your going to have enough problems in your life, ponies will just be there to help you get through them.. So your life will never only be around a show.. as long as the internet isn't free, your life can't be just around ponies.. But your never going to have to get used to living a life without ponies, since your life already has ponies in it.. So no need to worry.. -_-

• Brohoof 1

One word, moderation. And character limit. It's not that you have to give up ponies in life, just do things IRL and in your spare time, enjoy the fandom when you feel down.

• Brohoof 2

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic is a lot more than just a show to me. It's a spiritual thing, because of all of its messages of love and harmony. It reminds me how to live with love in my heart when I start getting angry or stressed out. 

I can always go to the show if I'm feeling upset about something. If something bothers me, I'll talk to my parents about it, or my friends. But it's nice to have a method of comfort that I can go to alone. What if I don't feel like talking about it? What if it's too late at night to talk to my parents? I can always watch an episode of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, and watching episodes almost always helps me to feel considerably better. 

Before I started watching MLP, the weight of the negative things in the world that I was just starting to learn about at the age of 12, 13, 14 just started crushing me. The love and light in the show has lifted that off of my shoulders and has reminded me that, no matter what horrible thing I see on the news, or what disturbing thing I read about on the internet, there is still love in the world. The show has also helped me to appreciate the positive people and things around me everyday that I started to take for granted. 

• Brohoof 3

I think it sould be considered a religon... but thats just me. ive been a mlp fan since the 80s but i love fim... my husband tolerates it. but i think he secretly loves it too

Well, as we can see by the comments here, it sure has the effects people look for in religion. At least these "non-abrahamic" religions. I think we reached a consensus that ponies are "good for you".

Perhaps a pony a day keeps the doctor away? XD

• Brohoof 2

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic is a lot more than just a show to me. It's a spiritual thing, because of all of its messages of love and harmony. It reminds me how to live with love in my heart when I start getting angry or stressed out. 

I can always go to the show if I'm feeling upset about something. If something bothers me, I'll talk to my parents about it, or my friends. But it's nice to have a method of comfort that I can go to alone. What if I don't feel like talking about it? What if it's too late at night to talk to my parents? I can always watch an episode of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, and watching episodes almost always helps me to feel considerably better. 

Before I started watching MLP, the weight of the negative things in the world that I was just starting to learn about at the age of 12, 13, 14 just started crushing me. The love and light in the show has lifted that off of my shoulders and has reminded me that, no matter what horrible thing I see on the news, or what disturbing thing I read about on the internet, there is still love in the world. The show has also helped me to appreciate the positive people and things around me everyday that I started to take for granted. 

Well said...

I'm editing this to make it longer, My little pony: Friendship is magic means a lot to me too, i try living my life of it's values.

Perhaps a pony a day keeps the doctor away? XD

Good one..

• Brohoof 1