Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Thoughts on the return of Fall Out Boy

BoffinMexican

So now that Fall Out Boy announced their return with a new song a new video and a Live Concert, I'm very exited for listening to them again! its been 3 long years and now the hiatus is over! FOB was on of my favourite bands when I was 12-15 and now that I'm 18 I'm really happy to know they're back. 

but anyway what are your thoughts of this? are you happy? exited? super exited? :P haha 

I was content to ignore them, until the song "This ain't a scene, it's a god damn arms race" came out and was played endlessly. I possibly hate it because the place I worked at would only play BBC Radio One and they were the ones who made me royally sick of it. But ever since I heard it, everything that band has done has annoyed me.

I like a few of their songs, Others are pretty generic or plain bad, No, I'm not too excited of their return, I don't like the band as a whole anyway, I'll blame the radio.

Hmm, maybe I might change my mind about them if the new song turns out great, well, maybe not.

I have a few Fall Out Boy songs I like. I'm not a huge fan or anything, but some of the songs include "Dance, Dance", "Sugar, We're Goin' Down", "A Little Less Sixteen Candles, A Little Bit More Touch Me", and some others.

BTW has anyone heard the awesome cover of "Beat It" they did with John Mayer? Before that I never knew John Mayer had that side of rock in him. xD

They are? Awesome! I've always loved these guys, mainly for the nostalgia they bring. I hope they don't end up becoming generic like what most bands would do after a hiatus break.

Yeah. I liked Stump's song he did as a solo artist (This City feat. Lupe Fiasco), but FOB back is just awesome. Anyone else heard of that song? :)

Fall Out Boy is coming back? Interesting. I'm kinda on the fence about it. I liked some of their earlier stuff, but I think they got a bit bland and forgettable by the end. Hopefully they can recapture their old sound.

I hope they can do like the Foo Fighters did with Wasting Light: after a few year hiatus, they only come back more awesome. 

wow wasting light is an excellent album

• 5 months later...
(edited)

When I found out I was all: "AWHHHHH YEAHHHH."

I love Fall Out Boy and I couldn't wait to listen to some of their new songs....Even though their new music videos scare me.

Edited by Eureka