Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

King Sombra Is the only Villain who was not an Idiot

100 beasts kaidou

People say hes the worst Villain or hes lame but lets face it. Atleast The Only reason he was beaten was because Of Motherbucking Wife Throwing. Also He dint have wings so he couldnt Catch up with Cadences speed and He could not Be any where close the Main Character only for a bit. And He Was the only Pony so far to Damage a Horn. He casted a spell wich Enslaved an Entire kingdom for 1000 Years while being Banished by two Alicorns. Lets look at how the other villains:

1) NMN: Do I even need to explain? Episode 1 Twilight who could barely teleport beated her. Also her little Schemes She pulled torward the Mane Six Wich they overcome is not compared to Sombras Traps that Twilight Only passed through due to Celestia and Spike.

2) Chrysalis: So she had Twilight finaly believe shes the real Cadence only to Banish her wich caused her defeat? Also She sang her Plan wich the gaurds could have Heard? The only reason she was strong is due to SA love while Sombra got it from Training. Also she lets Cadence and SA and the Mane Six free? Atleast When Sombra was given Time with the Main Characters he did something.

3) Discord: He Could have Sended the EOH to space. He could have Killed the Mane Six in Like 10000 Times but he just Trolled them. Even Joker is more Seriouse That the guy.

So overall King Sombra is'nt lame

• Brohoof 21

Discord: He Could have Sended the EOH to space. He could have Killed the Mane Six in Like 10000 Times but he just Trolled them. Even Joker is more Seriouse That the guy.

That's kind of the whole point of Discord, though. He doesn't want to take over the world, he just wants to mess with people and cause chaos. I don't think it would have been any fun for him if the Mane Six didn't at least have some chance of beating him, and if he killed them he wouldn't be able to entertain himself by tormenting them. 

• Brohoof 18

Discord, is more of the king of trolling, disharmony and chaos. His only goal, is to spread Chaos wherever he goes.

Sombra barely even has a backstory. Chrysalis used the power of love to almost overthrow Canterlot.

NMN pretty much got owned, and turned back into the normal Luna we all know and love.

King Sombra is nice. He looks rad, his powers are rad, and he is undeniably pretty badass. The thing is, there is absolutely no sort of back story what so ever. He's just this bad guy who appeared and made things bad.

• Brohoof 9

NMN pretty much got owned

In her defense, a thousand years on the moon is bound to leave you a little bit rusty. Still, she was the least impressive of all the villains, even though she logically should be one of the most powerful. 

• Brohoof 4

3) Discord: He Could have Sended the EOH to space. He could have Killed the Mane Six in Like 10000 Times but he just Trolled them. Even Joker is more Seriouse That the guy.

Q could of killed the members of the Enterprise a thousand different ways, but he never did.

Who's to say he was really a villain? Maybe he's just a troll.

• Brohoof 2

I just have one little thing to add, please don't bring up the fact that guards could hear her singing. It was to add a nice enemy song to the episode, she wouldn't have actually sung that in the open around all the guards.

• Brohoof 6

King Sombra is nice. He looks rad, his powers are rad, and he is undeniably pretty badass. The thing is, there is absolutely no sort of back story what so ever. He's just this bad guy who appeared and made things bad.

So back stories are the most Important? So lets Us Say Him from PPG is the worst villain in that show because he had no BackStory. We got all what we need is that he is an evil ruler Without Mercy. That sounds cooler than the backstorys of the other villains

Discord, is more of the king of trolling, disharmony and chaos. His only goal, is to spread Chaos wherever he goes.

Sombra barely even has a backstory. Chrysalis used the power of love to almost overthrow Canterlot.

NMN pretty much got owned, and turned back into the normal Luna we all know and love.

King Sombra is nice. He looks rad, his powers are rad, and he is undeniably pretty badass. The thing is, there is absolutely no sort of back story what so ever. He's just this bad guy who appeared and made things bad.

That he didn't but what we DO know is that he hid the crystal heart where no pony would ever find it and, in the off chance they did, he made sure there was no way for them to get it and use it against him with a flight of stairs that can only be revealed by his magic, a door that leads to your worst nightmares if you use his magic, 2 long flights of stairs and a trap/alarm. That's enough to know that he's a dangerous villain.

Edited by ~Lawfully Chaotic Xidphel~
  • Brohoof 2

So back stories are the most Important? So lets Us Say Him from PPG is the worst villain in that show because he had no BackStory. We got all what we need is that he is an evil ruler Without Mercy. That sounds cooler than the backstorys of the other villains

That's the Power Puff Girls. I'm comparing him to the other villains in MLP. Discord was a god of chaos, ruling Equestria before Luna and Celestia. Fair enough. Chrysalis was the queen of a race called Changelings who fed off of love all over the world. Good. Nightmare Moon was Celestia's sister before being banished to the moon for her actions. King Sombra is just a powerful dude. We don't know where he came from, what he is, and he barely even speaks. We just know that his "heart is black as night."

• Brohoof 2

Actually I always thought Him was the worst villain in PPG. Well, second worst after the amoeba boys, actually, but still, I didn't really like him. But Sombra is different for several reasons. First of all, in addition to not having a backstory, we know almost nothing about him, and he doesn't get a chance to really display any kind of personality beyond just being evil. Second of all, we barely see Sombra at all, whereas Him was a recurring villain who showed up all time. Sombra was usually only seen as an ominous presence rather than as an actual character. This makes it harder to become interested in him, because we don't understand him or his motivations at all.

Chrysalis also got screwed because she was stupid enough to completely turn her back on her enemies, literally.

Discord is Chaos, meaning he just wants to torment people for the hell of it.

I honestly like Sombra though, his tactics for opposing his enemies were effiecient because they are subtle, and even if you did find out about them you'd either be too late to stop him or stuck trying to solve his next puzzle. He could've been done better yes, but he was the most cunning out of all the villains.

• Brohoof 2

King Sombra is without a doubt the most evil and vicious of all the villains introduced in the series so far, but what holds him back from reaching his full potential is the complete and total lack of dialogue and limited backstory. Sure there are a lot of villains which do not require much backstory and Him from Power Puff Girls is a good example of that because lets face it he is basically that universes version of Satan but this does not seem to be the case with King Sombra. I wouldn't say King Sombra is a lame villain but with a little minor tweaking he could truly become a great villain, he seriously needs to return.

• Brohoof 1

That's the Power Puff Girls. I'm comparing him to the other villains in MLP. Discord was a god of chaos, ruling Equestria before Luna and Celestia. Fair enough. Chrysalis was the queen of a race called Changelings who fed off of love all over the world. Good. Nightmare Moon was Celestia's sister before being banished to the moon for her actions. King Sombra is just a powerful dude. We don't know where he came from, what he is, and he barely even speaks. We just know that his "heart is black as night."

Actually, We know he Used Black Magic. We know he Ruled an Entire Kingdom without any help. We know he could Enslave an entire kingdom in seconds. Backstorys dont make the villain. Also we know how smart he is. Unlike the other villains

• Brohoof 1

Eh, I guess you're right. I just wish they would have shown more of Sombra's background. It seem like they just threw him in there for 5 minutes, and that was it. Maybe, if they would've showed him a little more, we could have seen how smart and good of a villain he actually was.

• Brohoof 2

Eh, I guess you're right. I just wish they would have shown more of Sombra's background. It seem like they just threw him in there for 5 minutes, and that was it. Maybe, if they would've showed him a little more, we could have seen how smart and good of a villain he actually was.

So are you telling me that If Tia said something like "He lived in derpvill and destroyed it" Would he be a better villain? He is the only Unicorn In the entire MLPverse who got to the top. He is the only immortal Unicorn. He is such a beast he doesnt need something a useless as a back story

• Brohoof 1

We just know that his "heart is black as night."

And that he's tyranical enough to enslave a kingdom, scary enough to have no pony approach him, smart enough to use the second point to hide the Crystal heart,  has enough foresight to build traps in case ponies DO find it AND is powerful enough to cause SAID KINGDOM TO DISAPPEAR! Also, he's not some God or being who gains power from other people's emotions. He's a UNICORN! Lower in the food chain than the other villains yet is even more of a villain than Discord!

Edited by ~Lawfully Chaotic Xidphel~
  • Brohoof 3

King Sombra isn't inherently a bad character. However, I mean, Angel the Bunny had even more character development than he did. His scenes seemed hasty and not at all good. He needed more character development to be a respectable villain.

Also, maybe he is in the Dark Brotherhood? Think about it, they say his heart is "Black as night", well, the Night Mother says that to you in Oblivion when you become Listener of the Dark Brotherhood. So, Sombra is Dark Brotherhood listener.

Edited by Harmonic Revelations
  • Brohoof 1

Discord is Q, of course he wouldn't want to kill off Picard and the crew of the Enterprise-D...Oh.  Other than that Nightmare Moon was probably unaware of how the elements worked.  I wouldn't say she's an idiot she's just not well read.

Discord is Q, of course he wouldn't want to kill off Picard and the crew of the Enterprise-D...Oh.  Other than that Nightmare Moon was probably unaware of how the elements worked.  I wouldn't say she's an idiot she's just not well read.

You know who else wouldn't be well read? An idiot. Also, she wasn't intimidating at all, I mean honestly, Luna's royal voice was scarier than Nightmare Moon when she talks. If she is scarier in her good form than Evil form that's not exactly positive for her image.

• Brohoof 1

I would say she is probably more cocky than anything else and the same goes for Discord though with Discord it was a bit more understandable because lets face it he is so powerful that even if all the other villains came at him at once they wouldn't have stood a chance.

• Brohoof 1

Nightmare Moon was probably unaware of how the elements worked.

That doesn't make any sense, because she used the elements along with Celestia to turn Discord into stone. Although, you could perhaps argue that she had forgotten about them after a thousand years of exile.

You know who else wouldn't be well read? An idiot. Also, she wasn't intimidating at all, I mean honestly, Luna's royal voice was scarier than Nightmare Moon when she talks. If she is scarier in her good form than Evil form that's not exactly positive for her image.

There's more to life than booksmarts.  But the thing about Luna was that Season 2 was radically different in design than Season 1 if you look at the changes (like the horn aura colors).  Hindsight is 20/20.

There's more to life than booksmarts.  But the thing about Luna was that Season 2 was radically different in design than Season 1 if you look at the changes (like the horn aura colors).  Hindsight is 20/20.

Booksmarts are all I care about. Also, Nightmare Moon had no common sense either, she didn't even TRY to stop Twilight from finding the other elements.

• Brohoof 1

I would say she is probably more cocky than anything else and the same goes for Discord though with Discord it was a bit more understandable because lets face it he is so powerful that even if all the other villains came at him at once they wouldn't have stood a chance.

That and anger tends to blind people.

That doesn't make any sense, because she used the elements along with Celestia to turn Discord into stone. Although, you could perhaps argue that she had forgotten about them after a thousand years of exile.

To me it's somewhat implied to both Twilight and NIghtmare Moon that the Elements were more than unpowered stone relics in which only Twilight caught on.