Twilight And Fluttershy Have Aspergers?

Caesar2013

Actually, it's more of a good thing that they have it. Let's see some people in history who had Aspergers (or symptoms): Albert Einstein, Nikola Tesla (Definately I suspect), Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Edison, and a whole lot more.

Don't forget, Sherlock Holmes, Charles Darwin, Dan Ackroyd, Satoshi tajiri, and Mozart. Holmes is an interesting case, because not only is he a fictional character but he would be living proof that you not all Aspies are neat, tidy or organized. In fact Holmes was slovenly, disheveled and slightly chaotic (his living space was a total mess, he would commit breaking and entering to gain evidence. His hair was often unkempt, he was totally unconcerned about his appearance. He would perform numerous forensics experiments, oblivious to the fact that neither his landlady nor his roommate really cared for him shooting the queen's initials into the wall.) Twilight from what I learned in psychology classes is a textbook case. She is extremely awkward. Even when she's those she considers friends she has trouble understanding figurative expressions, she often fails to correctly read facial cues. She'll often prattle on soapbox or not about some topic of interest to herself alone, unaware that she's boring her only actual friends or that they're not actually listening or that she's offended them. She is a slave to routine a common symptom, even I have it, only my routine is my utter lack of a discernible routine, I often appear make up the events of my day as I go along. She is obsessive about things being in a certain order, even the sloppiest of aspie's tends to be like that. My books for example are in alphabetical order by author's name and publication order by author's work. 

After watching the show, I've come to an idea that two of the Mane 6 (Twilight and Fluttershy may have Aspergers Syndrome or at the very least, are on the spectrum.)

For those of you who don't know what Aspergers is, it is a form of autism with peculiar patterns of symptoms. Most involve: lack of demonstrated empathy, inability to understand social cues and others' emotions and intentions, restricted and narrow interests and repitive behavior. People with the disorder usually collect vast amounts of information on a specific topic (as as for myself: military history). Physical clumsiness and motor skills are also identified in some with aspergers (however, I haven't had a problem with that in wrestling). Some people with aspergers also demonstrate higher levels of intelligence, though not always the social ability to make that intelligence useful.

As a person with Aspergers, I decided to study up on what the syndrome is. In comparing it with Fluttershy and Twilight from MLP, I've noticed that both ponies fit for several criteria. Here are some reasons why:

Twilight:

1. Is obsessed with studying magic, and is highly knowlegable in that area.

2. Is socially awkward

3. She also has some inability to interpret other's emotions

Fluttershy- Personally I think that Fluttershy is more likely to be on the spectrum herself. She seems to be more comfortable around animals than ponies, that I think is fairly normal for persons with Aspergers as there's almost no fear of rejection (except for "The best night ever" where the animals kept running away)

1. Physical clumsiness- Fluttershy was a very poor flier during her time at a Pegasi school, where bullies made fun of her for not being able to fly welll

2. Inability to express emotions. However, persons with Aspergers also tend to have a very low temper, and as Fluttershy shows, can erupt.

3. Naive

4. Inability to understand others (except animals).

As I am not a trained psychologist, I unfortunately do not have the ability to explain everything in full. However, I hope that you might understand what I mean about these two characters having Asperger's Syndrome based on this information.         

I kind of disagree with this.

Many Gifted and Talented people show aspergers traits, such as inability to understand emotions, (Although many are very sensitive to them.) I have generally placed Twilight as highly intelligent and highly motivated, and I share her social awkwardness in the way that we have not had friends for a very long time and find it hard to understand social norms (What the hell is YOLO, and why should I say it?) I have always seen Fluttershy as very wise and modest, she doesn't usually show her intelligence but hinted at her vast knowledge of knitting at some point. She is very much similar to a girl in my class (I suspect,) and I also show shyness traits.

Don't forget, Sherlock Holmes, Charles Darwin, Dan Ackroyd, Satoshi tajiri, and Mozart. Holmes is an interesting case, because not only is he a fictional character but he would be living proof that you not all Aspies are neat, tidy or organized. In fact Holmes was slovenly, disheveled and slightly chaotic (his living space was a total mess, he would commit breaking and entering to gain evidence. His hair was often unkempt, he was totally unconcerned about his appearance. He would perform numerous forensics experiments, oblivious to the fact that neither his landlady nor his roommate really cared for him shooting the queen's initials into the wall.) Twilight from what I learned in psychology classes is a textbook case. She is extremely awkward. Even when she's those she considers friends she has trouble understanding figurative expressions, she often fails to correctly read facial cues. She'll often prattle on soapbox or not about some topic of interest to herself alone, unaware that she's boring her only actual friends or that they're not actually listening or that she's offended them. She is a slave to routine a common symptom, even I have it, only my routine is my utter lack of a discernible routine, I often appear make up the events of my day as I go along. She is obsessive about things being in a certain order, even the sloppiest of aspie's tends to be like that. My books for example are in alphabetical order by author's name and publication order by author's work. 

...Sherlock Holmes isn't a historical character.

Anyway, here is a list: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_people_with_autism_spectrum_disorders

And here is another one: http://www.disabled-world.com/artman/publish/article_2086.shtml

You can find countless more, especially when they include more and more speculated as opposed to diagnosed people. If you want to go to fictional characters the list would go on forever. 

I see lots of posts saying "I have Aspergers Syndrome" I'm not saying "LIAR! Burn them! liars should burn!" I just find it hard to take in. Is the syndrome common? at least i should know how common it is before i make accusations 

I see lots of posts saying "I have Aspergers Syndrome" I'm not saying "LIAR! Burn them! liars should burn!" I just find it hard to take in. Is the syndrome common? at least i should know how common it is before i make accusations 

Well, considering there are many users on this forum, and we're only on page 3, do you not find it viable that many people would have said syndrome, it's not like everyone posted here

I know only one person with Aspergers nor am I a trained physiologist but, I do think twilight could however she could just be Somepony who uses it as an outlet. But, I would not say Fluttershy has the "disorder" as her inability to express emotions can be linked to her personality, as for her inability to fly Aspergers is mental not fiscal and usually people with Aspergers are very good in one area and I fail to see which area Fluttershy excels at.

I know only one person with Aspergers nor am I a trained physiologist but, I do think twilight could however she could just be Somepony who uses it as an outlet. But, I would not say Fluttershy has the "disorder" as her inability to express emotions can be linked to her personality, as for her inability to fly Aspergers is mental not fiscal and usually people with Aspergers are very good in one area and I fail to see which area Fluttershy excels at.

First, if there is an actual inability to express emotions that would be a disorder, it doesn't matter if it's related to personality or not. It's not like personality is completely independent from neurology either. Second, an inability to fly could very well be related to AS. It's actually the brain which would have a bigger effect on the ability to fly, as motor control is more important for an intricate process like flying than the strength of the wing muscles, and motor control is controlled by the brain. This can be seen in Fluttershy when she temporarily completely looses the ability to fly in Dragonshy when afraid. A deficit in motor control is closely associated with AS. Also, people with AS tend to have low muscle tone, a trait Fluttershy shares. This could be due to genetics, but it could also be because the muscles are worked less. Finally, it's actually pretty clear that Fluttershy excels in a certain area: animals. Fluttershy's freaking knowledge of sewing could also apply. 

First, if there is an actual inability to express emotions that would be a disorder, it doesn't matter if it's related to personality or not. It's not like personality is completely independent from neurology either. Second, an inability to fly could very well be related to AS. It's actually the brain which would have a bigger effect on the ability to fly, as motor control is more important for an intricate process like flying than the strength of the wing muscles, and motor control is controlled by the brain. This can be seen in Fluttershy when she temporarily completely looses the ability to fly in Dragonshy when afraid. A deficit in motor control is closely associated with AS. Also, people with AS tend to have low muscle tone, a trait Fluttershy shares. This could be due to genetics, but it could also be because the muscles are worked less. Finally, it's actually pretty clear that Fluttershy excels in a certain area: animals. Fluttershy's freaking knowledge of sewing could also apply.

I must disagree, I don't believe that animals are an area although, it is true she has a "freaky" knowledge of them her ability to understand animals and know about them is not an area in which she can exel, it's her cutie mark and that means its her special talent. I also think that someone being shy and someone being out going are all traits and traits much like your sence of humor are something that you do not nessasaraly choose yes, you are right personality is not completely independent from neurology but, it still has a say on the matter. although, it's possible that ones surroundings, family, friends ETC, have a part in the matter but, aspergers does not change how one feels about social interactions. Yes, the reason she tensed up and stopped flying in Dragon shy was becuase of fear, you are correct but, she was only hovering which realistically does not require a great deal over moter skills and relise on the brains ability to control wings her loss of this can be put down to her poor reaction when she feels fear. Once again, her "freaky" knowlage of sewing shows she has passion (I am upset they only brought that up in one episode but I digress) much like a persons ability to know diffrent types of cars or rare Yu-Gi-Oh monsters or Pokemon they have learned this due to there passion.

(edited)

I must disagree, I don't believe that animals are an area although, it is true she has a "freaky" knowledge of them her ability to understand animals and know about them is not an area in which she can exel, it's her cutie mark and that means its her special talent. I also think that someone being shy and someone being out going are all traits and traits much like your sence of humor are something that you do not nessasaraly choose yes, you are right personality is not completely independent from neurology but, it still has a say on the matter. although, it's possible that ones surroundings, family, friends ETC, have a part in the matter but, aspergers does not change how one feels about social interactions. Yes, the reason she tensed up and stopped flying in Dragon shy was becuase of fear, you are correct but, she was only hovering which realistically does not require a great deal over moter skills and relise on the brains ability to control wings her loss of this can be put down to her poor reaction when she feels fear. Once again, her "freaky" knowlage of sewing shows she has passion (I am upset they only brought that up in one episode but I digress) much like a persons ability to know diffrent types of cars or rare Yu-Gi-Oh monsters or Pokemon they have learned this due to there passion.

Okay, AS is not about excelling in a particular area, it's really about having particularly strong passions, so much that they are "all consuming". That means for purposes of diagnosis they need to somehow impair daily function to a certain degrees. However, diagnosis does not require the existence of said passions (not like that really matters since AS isn't even in the current DSM), and just because something once impaired ones functioning or it has the potential to doesn't mean it (still) does. Also, the multiple obsessions can be had at once, can very in intensity, and they can change over time. Anyway, the actual subject of the obsession can be pretty much anything, it could be something quite or something extremely narrow. The key thing is it's intensity, usually resulting in very deep knowledge on a subject, and often becoming a major part of the person's life. Fluttershy having animals as an autistic obsession is certainly very debatable, but her live does pretty much revolve around animals from what we know. Also, her knowledge in sewing seems to be quite a bit deeper than someone who just had a casual interest in sewing and picked it up as a hobby, hence why it's "freaking". It's freaky because it's more than the professional (Rarity) knows.

AS will probably change how someone feels about social interactions because it will change your experiences in live, changing what impact the environment and whatnot well have. Social Anxiety and Introversion are both very common with AS. 

Tell me, have you ever tried hovering? It's actually harder than flying from an engineering perspective. Anyway, I already explained that poor motor control and strength and clumsiness and whatnot are common with AS, which my serve actually as a counterpoint because Fluttershy is stated as being graceful. Well, things can be learned, there was a model with AS on America's Next Top Model, Heather Kuzmich.  

I'm not saying Fluttershy has Aspergers or autism or whatnot, just that it's a possibility. Either way, she definitely has Social Anxiety Disorder. It's funny how people get so worked up over these "accusations". She's a fictional character, why do you care so goddamn much is someone wants to think she has some disorder or whatnot? There is a severe lack of realistic portrayals of mental disability in entertainment, when a character is specifically written as having a mental disorder they are usually either just a bunch of stereotypes, or they are just modeled around a textbook description and don't function as actual people. Lots of disabled people relate more with supposedly "normal" yet quirky characters than the characters specifically written to represent them for that reason. The reason BG ponies are so popular is because they are essentially blank slates, people can portray them how THEY want to, and for this reason Derpy has sometimes become a mascot for and by the disabled community. 

Edited by Ganondox

Okay, AS is not about excelling in a particular area, it's really about having particularly strong passions, so much that they are "all consuming". That means for purposes of diagnosis they need to somehow impair daily function to a certain degrees. However, diagnosis does not require the existence of said passions (not like that really matters since AS isn't even in the current DSM), and just because something once impaired ones functioning or it has the potential to doesn't mean it (still) does. Also, the multiple obsessions can be had at once, can very in intensity, and they can change over time. Anyway, the actual subject of the obsession can be pretty much anything, it could be something quite or something extremely narrow. The key thing is it's intensity, usually resulting in very deep knowledge on a subject, and often becoming a major part of the person's life. Fluttershy having animals as an autistic obsession is certainly very debatable, but her live does pretty much revolve around animals from what we know. Also, her knowledge in sewing seems to be quite a bit deeper than someone who just had a casual interest in sewing and picked it up as a hobby, hence why it's "freaking". It's freaky because it's more than the professional (Rarity) knows.

AS will probably change how someone feels about social interactions because it will change your experiences in live, changing what impact the environment and whatnot well have. Social Anxiety and Introversion are both very common with AS. 

Tell me, have you ever tried hovering? It's actually harder than flying from an engineering perspective. Anyway, I already explained that poor motor control and strength and clumsiness and whatnot are common with AS, which my serve actually as a counterpoint because Fluttershy is stated as being graceful. Well, things can be learned, there was a model with AS on America's Next Top Model, Heather Kuzmich.  

I'm not saying Fluttershy has Aspergers or autism or whatnot, just that it's a possibility. Either way, she definitely has Social Anxiety Disorder. It's funny how people get so worked up over these "accusations". She's a fictional character, why do you care so goddamn much is someone wants to think she has some disorder or whatnot? There is a severe lack of realistic portrayals of mental disability in entertainment, when a character is specifically written as having a mental disorder they are usually either just a bunch of stereotypes, or they are just modeled around a textbook description and don't function as actual people. Lots of disabled people relate more with supposedly "normal" yet quirky characters than the characters specifically written to represent them for that reason. The reason BG ponies are so popular is because they are essentially blank slates, people can portray them how THEY want to, and for this reason Derpy has sometimes become a mascot for and by the disabled community.

I coincide in my defeat although hard to admit you have used facts and examples and bested me in knowledge, but the reason I care so much about fluttershy and when people talk ill of her is because she is my shinging ray of happiness I'm not depressed or anything but, she still can cheer me up not matter what the issue. I have given her importance and thus I care when people talk poorly of her. And lastly I don't think either of us could guess whether flying for a PEGASUS would be like walking and running (in terms of hard to learn but easy to use when you know how to do it) or whether its like flying an aircraft. I do admit my defeat and concradulate you but, just some things I thought I might clarify

Where people find the time to think up such ridiculous things about My Little Pony is completely beyond me. Why can't they just enjoy the characters the way they're written.

I think it is because there aren't that many characters in shows that have Autism or other neurological disorders/differences and a lot of people that have it see traits in certain characters and diagnose these characters out of a sort of wishful thinking. As someone with Autism myself I do understand why people do it but urge caution before doing such a thing as there are plenty of misconceptions about Autism and Aspergers and many people mistake certain forms of it for being the case for everyone when that is not always the case. Alot of people that saw the movie Rainman for example thought that all people with Autism were savant like math geniuses and I can say that while there are alot of them I am NOT one of them, I am terrible at math and have a more creative mind than a scientific/mathematical mind. So I urge caution to people before they make those kind of diagnoses without a bit more proof.

• Brohoof 1

I coincide in my defeat although hard to admit you have used facts and examples and bested me in knowledge, but the reason I care so much about fluttershy and when people talk ill of her is because she is my shinging ray of happiness I'm not depressed or anything but, she still can cheer me up not matter what the issue. I have given her importance and thus I care when people talk poorly of her. And lastly I don't think either of us could guess whether flying for a PEGASUS would be like walking and running (in terms of hard to learn but easy to use when you know how to do it) or whether its like flying an aircraft. I do admit my defeat and concradulate you but, just some things I thought I might clarify

The thing is, people are NOT talking ill of her, it's all a matter of perspective. They see her as the same shining ray of happiness, keep in mind that the people tagging her with stuff don't see said things in the same way you do.

And flying would probably be like running or walking, heavily ingrained into muscle memory, but keep in mind that not everyone walks and runs the same way,  and various factors have an effect on that. For various reasons some people are better runners than others, and neurological factors can have an effect. 

The thing is, people are NOT talking ill of her, it's all a matter of perspective. They see her as the same shining ray of happiness, keep in mind that the people tagging her with stuff don't see said things in the same way you do.

And flying would probably be like running or walking, heavily ingrained into muscle memory, but keep in mind that not everyone walks and runs the same way,  and various factors have an effect on that. For various reasons some people are better runners than others, and neurological factors can have an effect.

No offence to those that do have the syndrome but, I do consider saying that Somepony has a mental issue to be hurtful to them, I would not appreciate people saying I have Aspergers, not to say those that have it are bad or anything however, I understand that it is an issue that effects many people and thus, I do not like it when people say I or things i care about have an issue. I also still stand by that as Pegasus are a mythical creature we could only guess as to how it works and there would be no way of proofing it. I admitted my defeat in a hope you would see I was reasonable and was not looking for I fight but an exchange of ideas, I understand you have a fast knowledge of the syndrome however, your continual thoughts that you know how Pegasus work better than someone else despite the fact nobody could really knows or could proof, as they do not exist is beginning to irritate me

I do not like it when people say I or things i care about have an issue.

You are taking this is a bit too personally, nobody is saying any of this to insult either Fluttershy or Twilight if anything people are saying this because they love them so much and see so much of themselves in them that read a bit too much into certain things and make certain unconfirmed assumptions. If it did turn out to be confirmed that one or both of them had it it wouldn't change who either of them is as a character and if done right could actually even add to their character.

• Brohoof 1

So no, i dont their any of them, including all six, have a disease..

post-11504-0-21917000-1368970678.jpg

its not a disease 

a mental disease is what we call schizophrenia

and mostly i think that they may have asperger's because they do have the many qualities of it     

• Brohoof 1

I have Aspergers' as well. Like Twilight Sparkle, I could be obsessed at things and socially awkward. And like Fluttershy, I could be slightly clumsy at times and have low temper. Thats all I have to say.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

No offence to those that do have the syndrome but, I do consider saying that Somepony has a mental issue to be hurtful to them, I would not appreciate people saying I have Aspergers, not to say those that have it are bad or anything however, I understand that it is an issue that effects many people and thus, I do not like it when people say I or things i care about have an issue. I also still stand by that as Pegasus are a mythical creature we could only guess as to how it works and there would be no way of proofing it. I admitted my defeat in a hope you would see I was reasonable and was not looking for I fight but an exchange of ideas, I understand you have a fast knowledge of the syndrome however, your continual thoughts that you know how Pegasus work better than someone else despite the fact nobody could really knows or could proof, as they do not exist is beginning to irritate me

I'm sorry to say this, but you saying "no offense" doesn't really make it any less offensive. Here, let's look at this analogy "No offense to black people, but I consider portraying Fluttershy as a person of color to be degrading, I would not appreciate calling me a nigga, not to say that niggas are wrong or anything however, I understand that is an issue that effects many people and thus, I do not like it when people say I or things I care about have an issue" Look, I understand where you are coming from here, but maybe if you try looking at it from the opposite perspective you wouldn't get so offended. Essentially, while you see other people as labeling Fluttershy as having a problem, they are doing no such thing in their minds, and alternatively you are labeling everyone with AS as having issues. Also, Fluttershy is obviously shy, and being shy is considered to be negative in Western Culture. Do you have a problem with people saying "well I think Fluttershy is shy", especially if said person is also shy and looks to Fluttershy as inspiration? It's not like anybody is walking up to Fluttershy and saying "Hey, you're autistic!". First, she's a fictional character, so that's impossible, second, if that were possible it would just be a dick thing to do.   

I don't see why you are getting worked up over the biomechanics of Pegasi. The ponies are meant to be relatable to humans, and I'm only making assumptions with that in mind. 

Edited by Ganondox

No they don't. My little brother has it and they're not even close. They don't have disorders, they just have exaggerated personalities to make them more interesting.

You're exactly right. In the same way that the writers are vague about age and time and chronology, etc.They also just exaggerate personalities for effect and draw from many personality types to create what they are looking for. The VA do the same when they speak their lines.

I don't know about Aspergers, but I do like thinking that the ponies each have a mental disorder. Twilight has OCD, Pinkie has ADD, Fluttershy being socially inept may mean some form of autism. Nothing serious or detrimental of course. But I think it gives them more depth. I like my headcanon to make their universe more...real.

• Brohoof 1

The thing is your op

I'm sorry to say this, but you saying "no offense" doesn't really make it any less offensive. Here, let's look at this analogy "No offense to black people, but I consider portraying Fluttershy as a person of color to be degrading, I would not appreciate calling me a nigga, not to say that niggas are wrong or anything however, I understand that is an issue that effects many people and thus, I do not like it when people say I or things I care about have an issue" Look, I understand where you are coming from here, but maybe if you try looking at it from the opposite perspective you wouldn't get so offended. Essentially, while you see other people as labeling Fluttershy as having a problem, they are doing no such thing in their minds, and alternatively you are labeling everyone with AS as having issues. Also, Fluttershy is obviously shy, and being shy is considered to be negative in Western Culture. Do you have a problem with people saying "well I think Fluttershy is shy", especially if said person is also shy and looks to Fluttershy as inspiration? It's not like anybody is walking up the Fluttershy and saying "Hey, you're autistic!". First, she's a fictional character, so that's impossible, second, if that were possible it would just be a dick thing to do.   

I don't see why you are getting worked up over the biomechanics of Pegasi. The ponies are meant to be relatable to humans, and I'm only making assumptions with that in mind.

Perhaps, it would be best if you read what you quote, my no offence was not to cover my ass but, to more or less state I don't know everything about the syndrome or all cases however the fact is most people do not enjoy having the syndrome they may deal with it, they may be appsoultly fine with it (like in most examples) however, I haven't seen many cases where people say "I have aspergers" and everypony says, oh congradulations you lucky devil. Comparing what I said to not only descimanting on an inter race and using the "N word" is completely over stateing, you changed a exchange of ideas into nit picking with what I said, "oh he said no offenice better make sure he knows that, that's bad". Secondly, one of the many things which is a huge factor in "western society" is that everyone has there own option and right to express it this means that you can being up or accuse me of over thinking my feelings towards a charter but being my oppion it will not change. The reason I'm getting so "worked up" about the Biomacnics of a Pegasus is becuase despite posting "no one could know or prove how it (being the Pegasus) works yet, you continue to think that I'm in a debate about the matter when in acctual fact, the only thing that is annoying me about it is that you continue to belive that you would somehow, have an idea.

however, I haven't seen many cases where people say "I have aspergers" and everypony says, oh congradulations you lucky devil.

True, as a matter of fact alot of people portray it and other forms of Autism as a death sentence which can be very damaging, when I was diagnosed at age 2 the doctor thought I was retarded, said I wouldn't amount to anything and recommended putting me in an institution. Alot of parents would have gotten discouraged and given up on hearing that kind of news and if mine did I probably wouldn't be typing this right now. Which brings me to another reason why many people with Autism have made speculations about certain characters like Twilight and Fluttershy is out of an inherent desire to be understood, there are a great deal of misconceptions about Autism one of them I just mentioned and having positive characters with it is a good way to do that.

As I have said before though I do also realize the potential dangers of too much of this kind of speculation even as much as I may understand why some people do so. The fact is while Twilight and Fluttershy do in fact have many traits common in Autism and are in my opinion the most likely to have it should any of the mane 6 have it all the mane 6 have at least some traits that are common in Autism but that of course dosen't mean they all have it. Applejack is very stubborn and can often have difficulty seeing other points of view and Rainbow Dash often has that same problem, Pinkie Pie often has trouble interpreting basic social rules and norms and can sometimes act in ways deemed rude unintentionally. Rarity is often fixated on objects mostly gems and jewels and often obsesses over fashion.

• Brohoof 3

True, as a matter of fact alot of people portray it and other forms of Autism as a death sentence which can be very damaging, when I was diagnosed at age 2 the doctor thought I was retarded, said I wouldn't amount to anything and recommended putting me in an institution. Alot of parents would have gotten discouraged and given up on hearing that kind of news and if mine did I probably wouldn't be typing this right now. Which brings me to another reason why many people with Autism have made speculations about certain characters like Twilight and Fluttershy is out of an inherent desire to be understood, there are a great deal of misconceptions about Autism one of them I just mentioned and having positive characters with it is a good way to do that.

As I have said before though I do also realize the potential dangers of too much of this kind of speculation even as much as I may understand why some people do so. The fact is while Twilight and Fluttershy do in fact have many traits common in Autism and are in my opinion the most likely to have it should any of the mane 6 have it all the mane 6 have at least some traits that are common in Autism but that of course dosen't mean they all have it. Applejack is very stubborn and can often have difficulty seeing other points of view and Rainbow Dash often has that same problem, Pinkie Pie often has trouble interpreting basic social rules and norms and can sometimes act in ways deemed rude unintentionally. Rarity is often fixated on objects mostly gems and jewels and often obsesses over fashion.

I'm very sorry of what you're had to go through and thank you for your information, it is a very good point that all charters show some form of Autism.

thanks for ruining the show for us.

hahah just kidding! nice research. when you put it that way almost every anime has characters like that. I think they just do that to emphasize the introversion of some characters.

personally I think Fluttershy's too cute and naturally anti-social to do that. and flying is different, if you notice through the show there are lots of pegasi with difficulty flying.

:)