music Rush

Champion RD92

I finally got around to making a thread for my favorite band of all time, Rush. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rush_(band)

My favorite Rush songs (in chronological order):

Working Man

By-Tor and the Snow Dog

Fly by Night

Anthem

In the End

Bastille Day

Lakeside Park

A Passage to Bangkok

Something For Nothing

Xanadu

Cygnus X-1

A Farewell to Kings

Hemispheres

Circumstances

The Trees

La Villa Strangiato

The Spirit of Radio

Freewill

Jacob's Ladder

Tom Sawyer

YYZ

Limelight

Witch Hunt

Red Barchetta

Vital Signs

Subdivisions

The Weapon

New World Man

Analog Kid

Distant Early Warning

Red Sector A

The Enemy Within

Dreamline

Driven

One Little Victory

Armor and Sword

In my opinion, their stuff from the 70's and early 80's was by far the best.

Anyway, I know there's gotta be some other Rush fans here :P

Edited by RainbowDash92
  • Brohoof 3

I'll be completely honest. I've never been able to get into Rush. My dad loves them, I think they're just okay. I've heard, hold on, let me get the album, Moving Pictures, which I think might be a compilation album by them. Neil Pert is a great Drummer, the guitarist (I don't know his name) is great, but I can't understand a word the singer says, which is mainly why I don't like them. I want to like them though, since I've heard some of there stuff is Progressive, which is a genre I like.

I'll be completely honest. I've never been able to get into Rush. My dad loves them, I think they're just okay. I've heard, hold on, let me get the album, Moving Pictures, which I think might be a compilation album by them. Neil Pert is a great Drummer, the guitarist (I don't know his name) is great, but I can't understand a word the singer says, which is mainly why I don't like them. I want to like them though, since I've heard some of there stuff is Progressive, which is a genre I like.

Moving Pictures is probably their most popular album. The song "Tom Sawyer" is their most popular I believe. Maybe you would like the albums "Hemispheres", "Farewell to Kings", or "2112" better? In my opinion, Hemispheres is their best album.

Edited by RainbowDash92
  • Brohoof 3

Rush is by far my favourite band of all time! Being a drummer myself, it's always amazing to hear bands that have their drummer stick out with the rest, and actually make drumming truly musical instead of just some boring hits for a beats. Neil is defiantly one of the best!

Not only is Neil beast at drumming, but he's so great with lyrical writing as well! Most of their range from political matters, to amazing adventures into god knows what!

In my opinion, Hemispheres is their best album.

Sweet jesus yes. The Cygnus X-1 series was fucking amazing.

Edited by RippedOffMattress
  • Brohoof 1

Rush is by far my favourite band of all time! Being a drummer myself, it's always amazing to hear bands that have their drummer stick out with the rest, and actually make drumming truly musical instead of just some boring hits for a beats. Neil is defiantly one of the best!

Not only is Neil beast at drumming, but he's so great with lyrical writing as well! Most of their range from political matters, to amazing adventures into god knows what!

Sweet jesus yes. The Cygnus X-1 series was fucking amazing.

Yeah Neil Peart is an absolutely phenomenal drummer.

And yeah Hemispheres is just godly. My stupid friends who think Rush sucks don't know what they're missing xP

Yeah Neil Peart is an absolutely phenomenal drummer.

And yeah Hemispheres is just godly. My stupid friends who think Rush sucks don't know what they're missing xP

Yeah, it just sucks how it seems the majority of their hate comes from Geddy's voice. I can understand people's beef with high voices, but I've heard much worse uses of them. Geddy hit's it spot on.

Edited by RippedOffMattress
  • Brohoof 1

Listening to Tom's Sawyer right now. Bass is great, but other than that I'm not really impressed with them.

Yeah, Tom Sawyer's kind of one of their more overrated songs. I mean it's good, but they've made much better.

I'm not really into ACDC style rock that much.

Wait what? They're nothing like AC/DC. What?

• Brohoof 1

Yeah, Tom Sawyer's kind of one of their more overrated songs. I mean it's good, but they've made much better.

Wait what? They're nothing like AC/DC. What?

Guy's voice sounds kinda like the ACDC singer's voice. You don't see the resemblance? Still, I'm not that much into 80's style rock music.

Just realized I haven't actually posted songs in here lol

Here's a couple of my favorites:

The live version of By-Tor and the Snow Dog from "All The World's A Stage" is the absolute best version of that song I've ever heard.

• Brohoof 1

Rush are a god damn legend

Someday in about 1000+ years

Maybe people will be learning about Rush

And all of the other bands around their time

In music classes at school

...well okay maybe not

But I think you guys get my point by now

• Brohoof 3

Because I'm a drummer, it's in my nature to love Rush, and Neil Peart has the title as my favorite drummer of all time.  I think my favorite Rush song would have to be Turn the Page, I'm in love with that drum part.

Because I'm a drummer, it's in my nature to love Rush, and Neil Peart has the title as my favorite drummer of all time.  I think my favorite Rush song would have to be Turn the Page, I'm in love with that drum part.

Turn the Page?...huh. I never really listened to anything from this album except for Force Ten. Their late 80's stuff all seems kind of boring to me :/