Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Silenced Valley (RP)

BlackShardNixium

Silvia raised her head when a stallion that was part of the other group raised his voice, exclaiming of some kind of spell. Again, she felt nagging curiousity, and again she shoved it away, cross with herself. And yet....

"I wonder what kind of spell it was..." she thought.

She sighed heavily, taking another long pull of her mocha. She had a job to do today, and by Celestia, she didn't need to deal with distractions!

(edited)

After Allailan finished her spell, a pony with a low voice suddendly started speaking towards Allailan and since Ace was excited again Gray figured that the spell was also heard by those around him, he then looked at the low voiced pony for a few seconds and noticed a moment of silence was about to fall that would be followed by questions about Allailan or what brings everyone here.. 

Gray quickly responded "Anyways, I suggest everyone orders something and sits down at the table over there.. before we engage into our conversations." he said and ordered a cup of tea on which the waiter asked which flavour Gray responded with saying "Surprise me!".

Gray walked towards the table and placed his hat on it, placed his writer satchel next to the neatly looking pillow and then sat down on it.

A genuine smile once again appeared on Gray's face and he looked at the other ponies, encouraging them to do the same with a nod towards the other pillows surrounding the table.

Edited by Floris

Dogboots had just finished his morning maintenance shift at New Science. He had been setting up the stages for some of the presentations for the guests that were going to showcase their contributions to science though Dogboots didn't really seem to care about it all. He was only in it for the money and then move on to his next location.

Dogboots didn't have time to change out of his maintenance uniform which was the same as his usual attire only the jumpsuit was a navy blue color with the New Science logo on his flank. He made his way to the local cafe to order his usual meager meal. A bowl of hot soup and began making his way to his usual spot which was the corner booth. However, it was occupied by a group of unicorns and pegasi but there appeared to be room for one more. The earth pony approached the group of ponies and they were all engaged in some type of conversation, but Dogboots couldn't make out what they were talking about. "Umm pardon me, is this seat taken?" He asked the group as they all looked at him. Their stare was beginning to make him feel uncomfortable. 

Allaila stared at the Earth Pony for a moment, His jumpsuit was of interest to her but she didn't want to interigate him straight away and make him uncomfortable, but he already looked like he was. Allaila shook her head slightly and closed her eyes, When she re-opened them her eyes changed to a harder orange, She was not one for crowds but she would make do. Allaila didn't particularly feel a need to make a sparkly message on the table again, So she just turned her eyes to 'Ace' and tilted her head, shifting her eyes to the new stallion every now and again, Hoping he would understand the favour she was asking.

(Too tired for a good post, Sorry)

Royal looked at the symbol on the new stallion. This made him remember about his presentation that was coming up at the convention. "Oh no! I must go, there is some place I have to be right now!" Royal stood up before Addem could finish his question and galloped off.

Allaila stared at the Earth Pony for a moment, His jumpsuit was of interest to her but she didn't want to interigate him straight away and make him uncomfortable, but he already looked like he was. Allaila shook her head slightly and closed her eyes, When she re-opened them her eyes changed to a harder orange, She was not one for crowds but she would make do. Allaila didn't particularly feel a need to make a sparkly message on the table again, So she just turned her eyes to 'Ace' and tilted her head, shifting her eyes to the new stallion every now and again, Hoping he would understand the favour she was asking.

(Too tired for a good post, Sorry)

Dogboots had just finished his morning maintenance shift at New Science. He had been setting up the stages for some of the presentations for the guests that were going to showcase their contributions to science though Dogboots didn't really seem to care about it all. He was only in it for the money and then move on to his next location.

Dogboots didn't have time to change out of his maintenance uniform which was the same as his usual attire only the jumpsuit was a navy blue color with the New Science logo on his flank. He made his way to the local cafe to order his usual meager meal. A bowl of hot soup and began making his way to his usual spot which was the corner booth. However, it was occupied by a group of unicorns and pegasi but there appeared to be room for one more. The earth pony approached the group of ponies and they were all engaged in some type of conversation, but Dogboots couldn't make out what they were talking about. "Umm pardon me, is this seat taken?" He asked the group as they all looked at him. Their stare was beginning to make him feel uncomfortable. 

Ace looked at the earth pony then at Allaila who was looking at him then to the earth pony. "Nah, this seats not taken go ahead and sit down, I'm Flying Ace but everypony uslly call me Ace for short. So, you heading to the New Science Convention as well? Cause thats where were heading." Ace said extending his hoof.

Ace looked at the earth pony then at Allaila who was looking at him then to the earth pony. "Nah, this seats not taken go ahead and sit down, I'm Flying Ace but everypony uslly call me Ace for short. So, you heading to the New Science Convention as well? Cause thats where were heading." Ace said extending his hoof.

Dogboots set his tray down and shook Ace's hoof. "It's actually a little different. I just got done with my morning shift there. I'm a maintenance worker at the convention center. I just set up stages for some of the presentations." He said taking a seat with the group of ponies. "I'm guessing you guys are going to see some of the inventions being displayed?" He inquired as he began eating the warm soup.

Silvia spared a nonchalant glance to her watch before almost doing a particularly indecent mocha coffee spit take. She had to get back to the office, gather her things, prepare the interns traveling with her for the assignment! Horrified at her blatant tardiness, she got up as quickly as she could, dumping her supplies unceremoniously into her pack before rushing to the bartender.

"I'm terribly, terribly sorry Mister Charleston, but you'll have to add the mocha to my tab, I'm so late!" She rambled out her breathless apology.

"That's no problem Silvia." He replies with a grandfatherly smile, gentle and genuinely caring.

"Oh thank you! Thank you so much, really!" She gushes before making a quick exit and proceeding to race around the corner to the main office building for the magazine she wrote for.

Dogboots set his tray down and shook Ace's hoof. "It's actually a little different. I just got done with my morning shift there. I'm a maintenance worker at the convention center. I just set up stages for some of the presentations." He said taking a seat with the group of ponies. "I'm guessing you guys are going to see some of the inventions being displayed?" He inquired as he began eating the warm soup.

Addem laughed dryly. "I'm more interested in how they're using "their" inventions. I mean, yeah, there might be some interesting new ones, but I've seen most of them already. Never really thought of alternate uses for them, though. And apparently they have some sort of  "New Science" motto. It's rather interesting, no?"

Addem laughed dryly. "I'm more interested in how they're using "their" inventions. I mean, yeah, there might be some interesting new ones, but I've seen most of them already. Never really thought of alternate uses for them, though. And apparently they have some sort of  "New Science" motto. It's rather interesting, no?"

"I guess so?" He said as he stared at his soup. He could see the outline of his reflection in the bowl and began to let his mind wander. "Interesting? No, its not 'interesting'. Those scientists are too caught up in their own ego to thank the ones that helped them build their little tool." He thought to himself before shaking his head. 

Silvia arrived back at the office in what she would assume was record time for one so grievously late. Upon entering her personal office, she was greeted by a gaggle of nervous interns. Three to be exact. Two young fillies, Sparkling Cider and Rose, and a young stallion by the name of Ceiphyre, who would be working the camera.

"I'm terribly sorry for being late, you three." She apologizes as she sets her bag down on her desk.

"That's okay, Sil!" Says Cider, smiling sweetly, "We weren't waiting for very long!"

Silvia nods as she takes her sketchbook and diary out of the bag and placing them carefully in a compartment in her desk before locking it securely.

"So you three are all ready then, yes?" She asks as she takes her work laptop and notepad, placing them in the bag where her sketchbook used to be. They nod, excitement gleaming in their eyes.

"Alright then." She says, slinging on the bag and straightening up, "Then I'd say its about time we were off!"

((Anybody recognize one of the interns? >:] ))

• Brohoof 1

"Well, I hate to end this nice conversation but I should be going I like to be earily to the New Science Convention. Hope I run into you ponies again, good bye for now." With a nod Ace got up and walked out the door, soon he walked back in and took a bite of his saled that he forgot he even orded, then walked out the door.

Allaila's eyes tinted slightly darker as Flying Ace left, That pony seemed quite nice, He could be quite a good friend. Putting the thought aside and looked at this the new pony, Allaila quite wanted to start a conversation with this pony, It wasn't her usual self, wanting to chat to other ponies, But she supossed she'd have a go. She continued to look at this pony, Straight in his eyes, She had mixed feelings about being this social, Her eyes were changing tint and colour quite fast; From a Dark Orange to a Light Yellow to a Deep Blood Red, She continued staring into his eyes as this happened, But her mind finally came to an agreement after a good 10 seconds of tints and colours rapidly changing, her eyes settled into a Moderate Orange. Allaila looked away for a moment and sighed in her mind, She had to think.. again. She wasn't much good at the sparkly-writing-on-the-table-that-pops-up-out-of-nowhere thing, She could try something else? Allaila sighed inminded again and turn back to the pony, She could always try charades..? She cocked her head whilst look at him and began to open her mouth, She stopped mid-open, She slammed her mouth closed again, straightened her head and shook it lightly, No, She didn't want to look utterly ridiculous. She continued to look at the stallion as she thought; She could always try and do some other type of forming-words spell, But she knew she couldn't, The new spell would leave her out of juice for awhile. Allaila didn't want to over-think so she stopped thinking and just looked at the pony, Blinking every know-and-again, Hoping he would understand that she can't speak. She hoped she didn't meet too many ponies she was willing to chat to, She ignored everypony else who talked to her, She couldn't try make everypony realise she couldn't talk, the majority would make fun of her. She pushed the thought aside also, and continued to look, blink and hope.

Edited by Sweet Innocence

"I guess so?" He said as he stared at his soup. He could see the outline of his reflection in the bowl and began to let his mind wander. "Interesting? No, its not 'interesting'. Those scientists are too caught up in their own ego to thank the ones that helped them build their little tool." He thought to himself before shaking his head. 

"You said you worked maintenance, right? Any good with a wrench? I could always use another hand in my lab; my lighting's on the fritz again, and I don't have enough time to make the necessary modifications. You interested?" He paused, then said, "It'd be a steady job, but it's in Ponyville."

"You said you worked maintenance, right? Any good with a wrench? I could always use another hand in my lab; my lighting's on the fritz again, and I don't have enough time to make the necessary modifications. You interested?" He paused, then said, "It'd be a steady job, but it's in Ponyville."

"I'm currently employed by New Science however their benefits and pay leaves much to be desired. It depends on what you're offering. I don't mind working in a quiet setting but...I don't know. I'll give it some thought." He replied back towards the stallion.

Allaila's eyes tinted slightly darker as Flying Ace left, That pony seemed quite nice, He could be quite a good friend. Putting the thought aside and looked at this the new pony, Allaila quite wanted to start a conversation with this pony, It wasn't her usual self, wanting to chat to other ponies, But she supossed she'd have a go. She continued to look at this pony, Straight in his eyes, She had mixed feelings about being this social, Her eyes were changing tint and colour quite fast; From a Dark Orange to a Light Yellow to a Deep Blood Red, She continued staring into his eyes as this happened, But her mind finally came to an agreement after a good 10 seconds of tints and colours rapidly changing, her eyes settled into a Moderate Orange. Allaila looked away for a moment and sighed in her mind, She had to think.. again. She wasn't much good at the sparkly-writing-on-the-table-that-pops-up-out-of-nowhere thing, She could try something else? Allaila sighed inminded again and turn back to the pony, She could always try charades..? She cocked her head whilst look at him and began to open her mouth, She stopped mid-open, She slammed her mouth closed again, straightened her head and shook it lightly, No, She didn't want to look utterly ridiculous. She continued to look at the stallion as she thought; She could always try and do some other type of forming-words spell, But she knew she couldn't, The new spell would leave her out of juice for awhile. Allaila didn't want to over-think so she stopped thinking and just looked at the pony, Blinking every know-and-again, Hoping he would understand that she can't speak. She hoped she didn't meet too many ponies she was willing to chat to, She ignored everypony else who talked to her, She couldn't try make everypony realise she couldn't talk, the majority would make fun of her. She pushed the thought aside also, and continued to look, blink and hope.

Dogboots attention soon shifted towards Allaila who had been staring at him for quite some time. "Why is she staring at me? Do I have something on my uniform? Well, I might as well introduce myself." He thought as he straightened up his uniform. "Ummmm my name is Dogboots. It's nice to meet you!" He said extending his hoof out towards Allaila.