Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Who are the most powerful ponies in Equestria?

Liliana Rose

Is he though? I see him as not giving a buck about retaliation due to the fact that he is immortal. I mean WOULD YOU take anything serious if you could make it rain chocolate milk and Have Bison doing Ballet? Hell the worse thing that happened to him was get turned to stone for a few hundred years which for him was like a fifteen minute time out for being naughty if you compare it with his lifespan. He isnt dumb, he just isnt emotionally invested yet.

Well, I agree in a sense, in my eyes he's quite cunning and clever, but at the same time he seems to not take threats too seriously. Which is kind of why he was defeated in Return of Harmony.  :umad:

Well, I agree in a sense, in my eyes he's quite cunning and clever, but at the same time he seems to not take threats too seriously. Which is kind of why he was defeated in Return of Harmony. :umad:

Yeah he was taken off guard. As old as he is he is pretty Naive to social interaction which is rather interesting. Its the same as a really smart child getting tricked by someone wiser then himself, which Tirek was.

• Brohoof 1

I'm talking about after Tirek absorbed Discord's abilities.

As we saw, his magic didn't do much. It was the alicorn magic that made him extremely strong. 

And even if Tirek is more powerfull than Discord, he is mostly about brute strength.

If Discord knew what was coming, he would simple have changed Tireks mind or something.

Also, the title "The Mad God" can, in my opinion, be applied to any being that has godlike powers and is mad, not just Loki.

And since Discord fits this description, I call him that.

Is he though? I see him as not giving a buck about retaliation due to the fact that he is immortal. I mean WOULD YOU take anything serious if you could make it rain chocolate milk and Have Bison doing Ballet? Hell the worse thing that happened to him was get turned to stone for a few hundred years which for him was like a fifteen minute time out for being naughty if you compare it with his lifespan. He isnt dumb, he just isnt emotionally invested yet.

Couldn't have said it better.

Queen Chrysalis has infinite potential based on the love she can absorb. Same shit with T-Wreck.

Not infinite. As much as there may be, at some time all love (or magic, in Tireks case) is absorbed. But by then they would be at an enormous level of power indeed.

A full blown fight between Discord and Tirek would be interesting to see.

Indeed, I would pay to see the biggest of meanies in Equestria on a Death Battle!

As we saw, his magic didn't do much. It was the alicorn magic that made him extremely strong. 

And even if Tirek is more powerfull than Discord, he is mostly about brute strength.

If Discord knew what was coming, he would simple have changed Tireks mind or something.

Also, the title "The Mad God" can, in my opinion, be applied to any being that has godlike powers and is mad, not just Loki.

And since Discord fits this description, I call him that.

Didn't you remember the bubbles he kept the other Mane 6, Spike and Discord?, that was probably part of the power he achieved after sucking Discord's magic.

Yup, just brute force. After getting all the power in the world and becoming nearly a God what do you do? Wreck some trees. Oh, no wait, He...

*puts on sunglasses*  B)

...T-Wrecked some trees. YEAAAAAH!!  :angry:  

Though, Tirek showed to be much more intelligent than Discord if not much more cunning, just less slimy and less of a creep.

"Change" Tirek's mind? What is he? Mr. Mxyzpltk? He's no god, he can't do that, he MUST has limits, because either way he could not have been defeated THREE TIMES. Maybe his overconfidence, but still, I feel that Discord can be outmatched, and so did Tirek.

• Brohoof 1

Didn't you remember the bubbles he kept the other Mane 6, Spike and Discord?, that was probably part of the power he achieved after sucking Discord's magic.

I think he already knew that spell, and absorbing Discord's magic didn't "learn" him any spell.

Otherwise, he would have won against Twilight.

Edited by Blobulle

I think he already knew that spell, and absorbing Discord's magic didn't "learn" him any spell.

Otherwise, he would have won against Twilight.

I dunno, it looked like to me that Tirek got Discord's abilites, the same way he gained strength from Earth Ponies and Pegasi.

Also, really? Is Discord THAT powerful, enough to stomp over 4 Alicorns combined? Yeah, he warps reality, but so do many other reality-warpers that got defeated by either smarter or more powerful foes, like Mr. Mxyzpltk from the Superman franchise or Janemba from DBZ. Also, is worth mentioning how much superior these two are in comparison with Discord.

Discord is not a god, and even if he was, he doesn't know how to fight. He can be physically overpowered, and Tirek proved it.

Edited by Darker

I dunno, it looked like to me that Tirek got Discord's abilites, the same way he gained strength from Earth Ponies and Pegasi.

Also, really? Is Discord THAT powerful, enough to stomp over 4 Alicorns combined? Yeah, he warps reality, but so do many other reality-warpers that got defeated by either smarter or more powerful foes, like Mr. Mxyzpltk from the Superman franchise or Janemba from DBZ.

Discord is not a god, and even if he was, he doesn't know how to fight. He can be physically overpowered, and Tirek proved it.

While he did summon the captured Mane Six, Discord and Spike with a click of the fingers, a la Discord, he doesn't seem to use his reality altering abilities all that much otherwise.

He took all the flight magic from the Pegasus ponies, but he never flew (he could jump very far, but simple strength/power could account for that just fine.)

And he could open portals to Tartarus and levitate ponies just fine, even before taking Discord's magic.

There's not much indication that he gains abilities rather than just a power up from magic he steals, except for that one instance.

Not infinite. As much as there may be, at some time all love (or magic, in Tireks case) is absorbed. But by then they would be at an enormous level of power indeed.
Well yea... energy by itself isnt infinite but as long as there is something to absorb they can take it. Their storage levels are infinite by that view. 

Also, really? Is Discord THAT powerful, enough to stomp over 4 Alicorns combined?

Discord's abilities + the magic stolen by Tirek.

Also, really? Is Discord THAT powerful, enough to stomp over 4 Alicorns combined? Yeah, he warps reality, but so do many other reality-warpers that got defeated by either smarter or more powerful foes, like Mr. Mxyzpltk from the Superman franchise or Janemba from DBZ. Also, is worth mentioning how much superior these two are in comparison with Discord.

Actually, I got the feeling that Discord behaviour is like the one of a gamer who knows the cheatcodes of the game and constrains himself in using them to much so the game doesn't get boring. 

Basically, the whole life is a game for him, and he has the cheatcodes of the universe in his claws. 

He doesn't use them to their full extent because life would be boring for him then. 

Also, he did change the minds of the Mane 6, so, yes, he could do that with Tirek, too.

Discord is the most powerful non-pony, since he's not technically a pony. I'd say Celestia is the most powerful overall, although she might be reaching a decline in her magical ability due to age and (let's face it) lack of use. Together, the mane six are easily more powerful than Celestia, but the mane six isn't a single pony. It's six.

Actually, I got the feeling that Discord behaviour is like the one of a gamer who knows the cheatcodes of the game and constrains himself in using them to much so the game doesn't get boring. 

Basically, the whole life is a game for him, and he has the cheatcodes of the universe in his claws. 

He doesn't use them to their full extent because life would be boring for him then. 

Also, he did change the minds of the Mane 6, so, yes, he could do that with Tirek, too.

That description made the comment. I completely agree with you there.

But you can't seriously compare the weaklings of the Mane 6 who are just basically 5 ponies plus one a bit powerful.with Tirek who held almost all the magic in Equestria.

I mean, sure, they fought an entire army of changelings, but still, so would the rest of the ponies. I can't accept the comics as canon, but the other ponies did fight the nightmare forces. And (correct me if I'm wrong) the nightmare forces are more powerful than the clumsy changelings who have no strategy and just follow orders and use their brute force.

That description made the comment. I completely agree with you there.

But you can't seriously compare the weaklings of the Mane 6 who are just basically 5 ponies plus one a bit powerful.with Tirek who held almost all the magic in Equestria.

I mean, sure, they fought an entire army of changelings, but still, so would the rest of the ponies. I can't accept the comics as canon, but the other ponies did fight the nightmare forces. And (correct me if I'm wrong) the nightmare forces are more powerful than the clumsy changelings who have no strategy and just follow orders and use their brute force.

I am not comparing Tirek with these ponies, I am comparing their minds with Tirek's. Discord didn't defeat them physicaly, he did it psychicaly.

Phsychical power does not have much to do with physical power. 

A being of tremendous physical power can have a pretty weak will, and the other way round.

Discord himself could be a good example for that, I think: He is immensely powerfull, but his mind offered enough points for Tirek to set a lever at.

As is Fluttershy, who, while being physical weak, has a very strong mind, since she resisted Discord's non-direct approach of changing her mind, and also can easily force her will onto others, if she wants to.

Edited by YetAnotherDiscord

Princesses (including changeling princess), discord (he is part pony, so shh), mane six when they are together with elements, twilight by herself. Trixie could be pretty powerful is she trained in the use of proper magic, which would also end up helping her with her shows. Maybe that should be an episode, she comes back to ponyville to try and apologise, and while twilight accepts it, no one else does, so she tries to try and reform her in some way.

• Brohoof 1

If I wasn't a skeptic, the answer would be Celestia.  Then again, if Princess Celestia was actually powerful, she would actually do something useful once in a while, instead of dumping her workload on Twilight.  Also, she couldn't defeat Discord or Chrysalis or Sombra, which you would think would be totally easy for the supreme Alicorn ruler of the world.  So I'm thinking... what it Celestia secretly lost all her powers except for the sun-raising thing, and she just keeps up the facade so her government won't be overthrown?  Or what if the Elements of Harmony weren't enough to seal away Nightmare Moon, and so she had to sacrifice her powers?  Omigosh, you guys.

I guess the most powerful pony is Luna.   :comeatus:   Please excuse the conspiracy theories.  It's 4 AM over here.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 years later...

Hm, I have a proposal. Rarity.

in 1 day, she was able to learn weather spells.

they asked her about if she knew a spell to control the evil vine things, she said her horn was on the fritz, that doesn't sound like a blatant "no".

idk she might have a bit more magic then she lets on about?

On the subject of Twilight vs Tirek and power scaling ala DBZ, I present the following:

Celestia + Luna + Cadence + Twilicorn = Max Twilicorn (Princesses Absorbed)

Max Twilicorn = Buff Tirek

Max Twilicorn + Buff Tirek = Max Tirek (Princesses Absorbed)

Rainbow Power Ascended x 6 >>> Max Tirek

Rainbow Power Ascended Twilicorn > Each remaining member of the Mane 6

1,000 + 800 + 300 + 400 = 2,500

2,500 = 2,500

2,500 + 2,500 = 5,000

17,000 >>> 5,000

4,000 > 2,600

^By these calcs we can assume the following powerlevels:

Tirek = 100 - 5,000 (potentially 6,000 - 10,000 with every living magical being absorbed)

Celestia = 1,000

Luna = 800

Nightmare Moon = 1,200

Celestia + EoH = 4,000

Twilight Sparkle (Base Unicorn; end of S3) = 100

Twilight Sparkle (Alicorn Ascended; end of season 4 - season 6) = 400 - 500 

Twilight Sparkle (Rainbow Power Ascended Alicorn) = 3,500 - 4,000

Starlight Glimmer = 400 - 500

(Potential) Starlight Glimmer (Alicorn Ascended) = 1,600 - 2,000

(Potential) Starlight Glimmer (Rainbow Power Ascended Alicorn) = 12,000 - 16,000

Flurry Heart (Infant) = 100

(Potential) Flurry Heart (Filly) = 250 (remember, babies get enhanced magical prowess so the gain here would be insignificant most likely)

(Potential) Flurry Heart (Intensive magically trained Filly) = 1,000 

(Potential) Flurry Heart (Adult after many years of magical training) = 10,000

(Potential) Flurry Heart (Adult w/ Rainbow Power Ascended) = 40,000 - 50,000