Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Create-a-pony!

Button Mash

Hey there all you wonderful people! I found a "Create-a-pony" website!

I would love to see some of your amazing designs! You can either create a totally new one or compete to make the best already existing pony (Pinkie Pie, Rarity, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy ect.)

so get creating and post them here for everyone to see!

(Sorry if this has been posted before)

http://www.hubworld....lpfim-ponymaker

This is my first go it it  :D

(I call him Button Mash the nerd pony!)

post-13272-0-48493700-1362217892.jpg

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Ooh, interesting. It seems that GeneralZoi's has some legitimate competition for once. Now, how does it compare..?

On the whole, the biggest general difference seems to be that while GeneralZoi's can do much more, but is oriented for bronies who know how to work a computer, this one is much more easy/user-friendly but as a result is slightly more limiting. For example, no custom cutie marks, but it's certainly easier to get a cutie mark on this version than GeneralZoi's.

(That's just in general, though--this one has some things that GeneralZoi's can't, such as the bigger list of body patterns and accessories, and in some places this one is harder to use.)

That said. This is awesome, and it's pretty cool that the Hub has an 'official' version, but I think I'll stick with GeneralZoi's.

EDIT: Here's a comparison of my OC using GeneralZoi's and this one:

This one:

Night%20Shine%20via%20Hub%20official%20o

GeneralZoi's:

Night%20Shine%20white%20bg.png

Edited by Night Shine
  • Brohoof 1

Ooh, interesting. It seems that GeneralZoi's has some legitimate competition for once. Now, how does it compare..?

On the whole, the biggest general difference seems to be that while GeneralZoi's can do much more, but is oriented for bronies who know how to work a computer, this one is much more easy/user-friendly but as a result is slightly more limiting. For example, no custom cutie marks, but it's certainly easier to get a cutie mark on this version than GeneralZoi's.

(That's just in general, though--this one does some things that GeneralZoi's can't, such as the bigger list of body patterns, and in some places this one is harder to use.)

That said. This is awesome, and it's pretty cool that the Hub has an 'official' version, but I think I'll stick with GeneralZoi's.

Yours looks great!

Sorry, I didn't know there was a better one! I'd still love to see peoples creations weather it be on Hub's or GeneralZoi's! Dealer's choice :)

• Brohoof 1

I like it.  Nice to finally have a sponsored pony creator.  And it helped me flesh out two little fillies I created into full blown adult.  And with the help of Hasbro's creator, I give you an adule Sky and Moon Chaser.

AdultSky_zpsbb078cb7.pngAdultMoon_zps8014ff62.png

• Brohoof 2

I like it.  Nice to finally have a sponsored pony creator.  And it helped me flesh out two little fillies I created into full blown adult.  And with the help of Hasbro's creator, I give you an adule Sky and Moon Chaser.

AdultSky_zpsbb078cb7.pngAdultMoon_zps8014ff62.png

They look fantastic! I especially like "Moon Chaser" I believe you have already had In idea of a pony in your mind before i posted this right? :D

• Brohoof 1

I believe you have already had In idea of a pony in your mind before i posted this right? :D

I had them more than planned out.  In my fanfics about Shadow I have him paired with Rainbow Dash.  Their relationship brought about Sky and Moon.  Here's the whole family.

ChaserFamily_zpsab53a7c5.png

• Brohoof 4

I had them more than planned out.  In my fanfics about Shadow I have him paired with Rainbow Dash.  Their relationship brought about Sky and Moon.  Here's the whole family.

You write fanfics? Cool! May I read them? I love a good MLP fanfic! What genre do you most commonly write? Anything is good for me! :)

• Brohoof 1

Sorry to say, I much prefer GeneralZoi's Pony Maker. I find the scroll feature in this one bothersome to use. My wrist actually stated hurting before I finished my pony. And I kept thinking that I could use the scroll wheel to go through the options, but apparently not. And I kept doing it, because it just seems to make sense. But no. There are fewer options on this one. Also, to me, the finished product looks... bad. It looks like a fan-made pony that someone just threw together. Ones from GeneralZoi's maker, however, look like you could just drop them into the show, and you wouldn't even notice they didn't belong there. That may just have been the way mine turned out, I dunno. But the proportions do look a bit wonky to me. That's just my opinion.

Sorry to say, I much prefer GeneralZoi's Pony Maker. I find the scroll feature in this one bothersome to use. My wrist actually stated hurting before I finished my pony. And I kept thinking that I could use the scroll wheel to go through the options, but apparently not. And I kept doing it, because it just seems to make sense. But no. There are fewer options on this one. Also, to me, the finished product looks... bad. It looks like a fan-made pony that someone just threw together. Ones from GeneralZoi's maker, however, look like you could just drop them into the show, and you wouldn't even notice they didn't belong there. That may just have been the way mine turned out, I dunno. But the proportions do look a bit wonky to me. That's just my opinion.

I see your point :) Like I said in a previous post, If you want to use GeneralZoi's to show off a pony pleas do! I just like to see new faces! I was just providing some other people with the means to create :D

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Just for the lulz, I think I'm going to attempt to recreate some of the original villains from my fanfictions with this creator. It's probably not gonna turn out well, because with one of them even GeneralZoi's didn't have the right stuff so I had to use MS PowerPoint xD

The Shadow

Original with GeneralZoi's:

post-6675-0-87408400-1362221795.png

New:

FAIL%20Shadow%20on%20hub%27s%20pony%20cr

Oh geez. Definitely going with GeneralZoi's on this one...! xD

Puzzle Master

Original with GeneralZoi's:

Puzzle%20Master.png

New:

FAIL%20Puzzle%20Master%20on%20hub%27s%20

Not quite as horrific as with the Shadow, but you don't really get that "This is a villain" vibe.

From the fanfictions The Shadowed Nightmare and The Elements of Disharmony: Necessary Corrution. If you actually want to read them, I'd suggest reading the second, as it is exponentially better-written and thought out than the first.

Edited by Night Shine

(edited)

Compared to GeneralZoi's this one isn't that good, however it's not awful and it does have quite a few options. I agree that the scrolling bar on the side is infuriating and clunky, I doubt it's hard to make it so it functions with the mouse wheel. Obviously the ability to print straight from the creator will please some people. I had a bit of fun with the randomiser but it just feels Hasbro cobbled this together just to have a Pony Creator.

I still prefer Illustrator CS5! :)

Also the thread appears to be related to MLP: FiM so I'm going to pop this over to Sugarcube Corner.

Edited by Aaramus
  • Brohoof 2

I am not really a big fan of both creators. They both look so static and generic and especially the colts in the show look a lot better than what you can accomplish with GeneralZoi's one. I hope there will be a new one out soon, considering how large the fandom is, I wonder why there isn't a huge downloadable creator with different perspectives, etc....

• Brohoof 1

I have to agree with Wildcard here, I personally feel that the pony creators are way to static. If I want my OC drawn, I'd rather have her drawn (either by me or by request) just so I can make her look more alive. Although I can completley understand why people do use them, in fact they are quite useful for referencing.

• Brohoof 1

I tired GeneralZoi's creator.. And I must say I like the results! I think that adding the poses and the much easier creation tools just make the pony look so much better!

post-13272-0-57703400-1362268354_thumb.jpg

I normally just use the Devient art pony creator or whatever. I never really use the other one since It doesn't have as much customization unfortunately.

Still looks pretty cool :).

(That's just in general, though--this one has some things that GeneralZoi's can't, such as the bigger list of body patterns and accessories, and in some places this one is harder to use.)

EDIT: Here's a comparison of my OC using GeneralZoi's and this one:

This one:

img-1227944-1-Night%20Shine%20via%20Hub%

GeneralZoi's:

img-1227944-2-Night%20Shine%20white%20bg

Why don't we forcefully combine GeneralZoi's pony creator with this pony creator and have a love child that includes the features from both?

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

My pony! don't have a name for her yet, but she is basically a pony of me! with my favorite color pink  and she loves music...this is a awesome game! 

I love it! Nice work :D Glad to see your liking it! 

I used the official one for the first pony and found he looked static. But I tried GeneralZoi's and liked it more :3 It's all about opinion... 

Edited by Button Mash

I love it! Nice work :D Glad to see your liking it! 

I used the official one for the first pony and found he looked static. But I tried GeneralZoi's and liked it more :3 It's all about opinion... 

Thank you! i named her MillyMusic now hmm think i like that name lol, its so fun i need to make more! haha. I'm need to try GeneralZoi's, going to right now  :D 

Thank you! i named her MillyMusic now hmm think i like that name lol, its so fun i need to make more! haha. I'm need to try GeneralZoi's, going to right now  :D 

Yeah by all means try it! I've made one more pony called "Angelic Whisper" Not so happy with the name but I'll work on it. I'll post a pic of her soon, I'd do it now but I have to go have tea :P

The thing doesn't work in Canada, or at least my bit in Canada. 

Unrelated: Can someone make/link me to a swf file of Adventures in Ponyville? :3