Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Orchestral attempt (opinions wanted)

Jastrian

This is really good! It has that like dark and mysterious tone to it so i like that the theme is nightmare moon. some parts of it remind me of something i'd hear in Game of Thrones or something like that ^_^  but this is really good orchestral music :)

• 2 weeks later...

There are some cool ideas. I can tell you the biggest tip straight away though; the orchestral instruments aren't panned as to how they should be. I know they aren't the most realistic sounding samples, but the first step is to have them placed correctly. The image shows pretty much where they should be but the best way is to just listen (with headphones) to orchestra recordings and hear where each instrument is usually placed.

http://img.creative.com/images/inline/products/MSO/orchestra.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks,  I use fl studio as my daw, edirol and some soundfonts.  Im probably gonna upload to youtube within the next few days.  It is a little longer now as well.

I liked it. I too am a producer and composer.

The only thing that I could give for constructive criticism is the into chords and some of the intro lead seemed like it didn't stay in the same key. Almost like it switched from minor to major to harmonic minor. But that is really the only 'bad' thing I didn't like. Overall, excellent piece. Please make more.

Well done! I found that very excellent, a very nice piece with good sounding VSTs. Although, as AppleJared has said, it does seem to jump onto different keys at times. It is, other than that, a very nice piece. I wonder what you use?

Well it is uploaded to yt now.  It is a little longer now with some mixing changes.  Thanks for the feedback everyone.  Applejared, I can't tell you exactly what I did as I don't have that much theory knowledge.  But yes it is an altered scale.  It is a little unusual but to me it gave it a more mysterious nightmare moon feel.  Parasprite, I use FL as my daw. Edirol and some soundfonts for my orchestral stuff.