Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Opinions on Smoking

ThatOneComrade

It's annoying, because all of my neighbours are smoking. Which means I can't let in fresh air as much as I want. Or being near one who smokes, it makes your throat, nose and eyes burn and afterwards all your clothes, hair and skin will stink extremely bad. As long as it's not affecting me I don't care.

But I don't see the point in it. Cigarettes, drugs, alcohol - all this stuff is not required to be happy in life.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I'd be lying to say that I haven't thought about vaping again. It's been over a year since I touched one but the thoughts come and go. It's hard to quit once you start. 

• Brohoof 1

I am watching a show that can't smoke (because of Netflix or something), so they always find an excuse, like the lighter not working, or it is raining, or something like that :mellow:

• 4 months later...

It's harmful to yourself and often to others. I completely understand "no smoking" policies within buildings because smoke is absorbed by so many objects including clothes, and because of second-hand smoking. I'm fine with other people smoking though as long as they are doing it outdoors or in their own homes away from everyone.

• 4 weeks later...

I sometimes smoke (cannabis not tobacco) on my porch. I know it isn't healthy so I limit it, but its also pretty stress relieving. I don't smoke inside or around others, unless they're smoking too. Growing up my grandparents were hard smokers, kinda ended up liking the smell of second hand smoking from tobacco. 

• Brohoof 2

• 4 months later...

I find it to be really gross and off-putting honestly. I would never date a smoker or someone who vapes, it's one of my easy deal breakers. Obviously everyone knows the negative health effects, but man, tobacco and weed smoke fucks up everything around you if you're a chronic smoker. Your clothes smell like it, your house and car smell like it. Even in computers, I've repaired and worked on them quite a bit and it's immediately evident if someone in the same house as the PC smokes either tobacco or weed. The dust in the PC will be a dark brown color, filled with tar if it's tobacco, or more of a yellow color with weed. It's disgusting.

People are free to do what they want at the end of the day. Although I will say if you smoke around other people or animals you're a major piece of shit.

• Brohoof 1