Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general media Opinions on VR

Old Accnt.

20 minutes ago, Iforgotmybrain said:

My friend has the full get up, complete motion control and like body cameras everything you could imagine. The only thing he really uses it for though is glorified mocap lol.

I personally think it's seems cool. Everyone who gets one for DCS says once you try it you can never go back to just flying on a flat screen, it's that good for flight sims. But it's also really really difficult to run VR at a non-nauseating frame rate. You need like a 3080 or better to properly run it for DCS which is crazy. That along with the headset cost itself is just a bit too much for me. I'll probably try VR eventually though once headsets advance a bit more and GPUs stop being so stagnate with performance gains. VR is just too perfect of a match for flight games for me to not try it eventually.

I beg to differ lol I still love my TV games regardless :mlp_yeehaa:

1 hour ago, GodlyWolf82 said:

I'm more into the horror game aspect of VR. It's a thrill and it make you feel almost like your really there. 

I have a soft heart D:

So I stay away from horror stuff!

Though if I did play it I would want to play it with friends and be the funny person :kindness:

1 hour ago, Iforgotmybrain said:

My friend has the full get up, complete motion control and like body cameras everything you could imagine. The only thing he really uses it for though is glorified mocap lol.

I personally think it's seems cool. Everyone who gets one for DCS says once you try it you can never go back to just flying on a flat screen, it's that good for flight sims. But it's also really really difficult to run VR at a non-nauseating frame rate. You need like a 3080 or better to properly run it for DCS which is crazy. That along with the headset cost itself is just a bit too much for me. I'll probably try VR eventually though once headsets advance a bit more and GPUs stop being so stagnate with performance gains. VR is just too perfect of a match for flight games for me to not try it eventually.

I could see myself making a VR racing sim setup but those are also quite expensive and I don't really have the space for it anyways. :twi:

4 minutes ago, Trot Shuffle said:

I have a soft heart D:

So I stay away from horror stuff!

Though if I did play it I would want to play it with friends and be the funny person :kindness:

I could see myself making a VR racing sim setup but those are also quite expensive and I don't really have the space for it anyways. :twi:

No shame in that, everybody has their strengths and weaknesses, I'm just more of the fearless type that loves to challenge myself lol

I really like the ones without the cords but it has more games it seemed like and you have to mount these camera things and it’s a lot less portable. The witless ones nice with no cameras to mount or wires attached witch is great and I can easily move it where ever except outside. I play in my room usaly but sometimes when my nefew come he love this boxing game and I let home play in the kitchen for the room but not mine. The only real down size is no one else can see what you’re seeing like the wired one.  Plus wireless has built in head phones to.

the oculus is my favorite but before I had it a few years earlier I got the steam vr. 

• Brohoof 1