Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is your opinion of opinions?

Ziggy + Angel + Rain

As long they’re valid and have legitimate background sources to back it up than I could respect your opinion even if I will disagree. I can’t stand opinions when it came straight from irrelevant feelings or out from one’s ass, that’ll make you an obvious uneducated idiot.

As for entertainments, it’s subjective so I don’t care what’s your opinion on it.

• 5 months later...
(edited)

Some people shouldnt be allowed to have them, opinions stop being opinions when they become demands or orders reinforced by denial and self validation. this country is taking a turn for the worst, its coming to a point where traditional values, and conventional wisdom are being over shadowed by what is trendy, or what is marketable, because it covers a lot of bases and it helps these insane psychopaths push these narratives on all of us who are adamantly opposed, they are trying to consume us in their lunacy, and this country is coming on very dark times because of it. They refuse to hear it or pay any attention, but this problem isnt going to go away as they try to drown out our voices and we only get louder. They arent going to take our freedom, they arent going to take our individuality. they arent going to take our spirituality and they definitely arent going to take our sexuality. These peoples "opinions" are just collective delusions they are trying to FORCE ON US. and an overwhelming amount of us ARENT GOING TO STAND FOR IT.

Edited by Last Line of Defense

Opinions are fine. It's just that we must realize that there are opinions and then there are statements of fact that are falsely given off as "well that's just my opinion", when it's just a false statement. On top of that, there are 'opinions' which are inflammatory and harmful to others, in which case, then you're going to get pushback. That's just the way it is.

Like, if you say that you like country music, that's fine. That's an opinion. It's one I disagree with, but it is an opinion and it's over something that doesn't effect me in any substantial way.

However, your 'opinions' on political matters are not immune from criticism, because those ARE detrimentally effecting the lives of myself and others. Especially since I currently live somewhere where the bad ones are in power, and then there's the Supreme Court... >.< Besides, there is a lot of "political opinions" nowadays that are based entirely on propaganda and lies. There's nothing real going on to back up these views on how society should be run. The facts and experts and flat out reality are ignored. (which then we're getting "opinions" on matters of fact, which is frustrating). I have no patience for these "opinions". No patience at all. My state, many other states, and SC are a straight up disaster right now and it has all to do with lies and ignoring the facts of reality. I'm so ticked off.

• Brohoof 1

Depends on the topic and if the opinion IS the opinion of the person and not just something that has been regurgitated repeatedly without thought.

I respect opinions that at least have some original thoughts even if they completely oppose my own but hate opinions that have substance to them. 

If for example you wanted me to like Rarity as my favorite pony simply saying " She's an elegant beauty" won't really sway me BUT if you were talking about how she was willing to both apologize and face her phobia of dirt head on to rebuild her broken relationship with sister, that would make for a good opinion.

So yeah, I like opinions of wisdom and intelligence.

Some say there are not wrong opinions. That’s untrue. There are indeed wrong opinions, which can go from supporting totalitarian ideologies, to simply 2+2=fish. Opinions are personal , but other than avoiding being in the spectrum like the previous examples, they have to get a degree of thought. It’s not the same stating “I hate that man because of his manner of speech “ rather than “I hate that man because his decisions negatively affected my house value”. Which opinion holds more weight?

You know the saying. "Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one, and some of them smell like shit"

• Brohoof 2