Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

People at my school say MLP sucks

RainbowFlash82

People at my school say MLP is crap even though they've never watched it

The most common argument is that its for 3 year olds. You see alot of them think that 3+ things mean that they're FOR 3 year olds. They prefer 18+ things even though they are only 11-12.

Another argument they use is that its for girls which i can see why but still they've never bothered to watch it

One of them said that bronies are freaks with a sad life but to be honest he's the sad freak

I've thought up a name for these people, anti-bronies!

I could go on for a day about this but you get the point. What are your reacions to these anti-bronies?

Update 15/03/2013

So there is this anti-brony in my class who tells lies about him having had watched the show on youtube and he legitly disliked the show. He also says that its for 3 year old girls despite him having "watched" the show, cuz My little pony is not for 3 year olds. So I asked him for his youtube username so I could see his history to prove it, but he refused to do it. That just shows that he's trying to get out of watching it because he (of course) thinks he's too "manly" to watch it.

And a few days ago I found that somepony else had thought up the word anti-brony before me so I apolagise if you thought I was taking credit for something thats not mine.

And alot of you ponies have been asking me how old I am, well I'm 12 and I seem to act pretty mature for my age if I don't say so myself.

Edited by RainbowFlash82

Well people are around like this all the time, I know plenty of people who are like this at my school, that said its mostly due to the affects modern society has on them.

I don't really react to them though :P, I mean it sucks to be them that they'll never get to watch MLP, so boohoo to them :P.

• Brohoof 2

Bro

Okay

You like the show

They don't

You watch the show, because you like it

They don't have to

Simple as that

Also how old are you if they're 11-12? o3o

• Brohoof 9

In all honesty I don't care. Of course people are going to oppose us, the show WAS originally made for little girls. As for kids liking 18+ stuff, its just because it makes them feel grown up or something. For example, most kids at my school love Call of Duty because its serious, realistic (lol) and violent, whereas I love Team Fortress 2: A cartoony, silly shooter that doesn't take itself too seriously. It all comes down to people's definition of maturity.

Just because something isn't violent or bloody, doesn't mean that its worse.

Edited by Navel Spess

yeah lol people dont like certain things i just wear tshirts to show i love the show 

and my freind Travis and  we are seniors  in high school  i told him im liking my little pony 

he was ripping up my mancard lol

I have encountered many people like this at school and other public places, but if they sit there and give me the reasoning of "Its for 3 year olds" and they haven't even watched it themselves, or refuse to watch it, I will react with the same close-minded attitude with "And when did I care what you say?" and than drop it. Continuing on only makes their hatred worst, and it isn't going to be a winning battle. But if the person did give the show a chance and didn't like it, I find that perfectly ok, at least you were open-minded enough to give it a chance.

Well, the people at your school sound like stupid teenagers. Most teenagers are stupid and have closed minds. I wouldn't take it personally, it's their loss that they can't enjoy the show.

If they're going to be like that, leave them in their ignorance. It's no use to try to reason with people like that. I don't really care if people say things like that; if they're too close-minded to try something different, it's their loss.

Edited by Orca

if you dont lash out and keep acting the same they leave you alone ... most people have problems not doing that i did for a while but alas it makes life hell.

thing i see that causes problem is a brony trying to worm there way away from a bully by trying to excuse or explain the bullies actions. just puke ponys on them by going into crazy fan mode then they sorta back off...... never not worked for me. after all once everyone knows your a brony who can they really get a reaction out of?

of course only use this if your stuck with them and you need a long term way of them leaving you alone.

Edited by indeable

One of my friends just assumed that the show is for "toddler girls" without even watching it, and I told him to at least give it a chance but he said it's stupid and bronies are weird and stuff. *sad face*

• Brohoof 1

I wouldn't really care if they liked it. I like the show very much but, I don't have to impress them. If I was you, I wouldn't really care about what they like or don't like. Nothing much to say about that.

The most common argument is that its for 3 year olds.

What? 3 year olds? No! 3 year olds can hardly stand on two legs, how are they supposed to understand the complex narrative structure involving Equestria's politics and the intricate characterisation of Twilight Sparkle?

Do these people know NOTHING?   <_<

Anyway, about the people who dislike the show or hate the fandom, here's a reaction image to illustrate my feels.

celestia+fucks+missing.png

Edited by Hansel
  • Brohoof 2

Don't expect people to respect your like for MLP, because you should know better that you would expect to get flak from people from liking a show that's geared towards little girls.

Just let the ignorant be ignorant, don't let it bother you.

Edited by Flow (Naru)

Come over here, whippersnapper, and I'll tell you a story.

I used to be bullied for liking MLP, too. But then I learned to not give a buck about em'.

The end. Now get out of here, I don't even know who you are.

I learned the best way to avoid bullying is making the bully get bored of trying. Ignoring them and reacting negatively and telling people about it is what they want you to do and it will make it worse. Just be clever and use your words in a constructive way that indirectly makes them feel like you won. Don't raise your voice, don't put them down, just win with cleverness. Also, treat them normally, like you would treat anyone else, and no matter what, DO NOT MAKE ANY NEGATIVE EMOTION WITH YOUR FACE.

Everyone at my school say that mlp sucks,too.A few people ask me why i like mlp so much. I don't really care about them.The people at ma school are'nt even ACCEPTING of bronies.And its stupid they have'nt seen the show so they don't know what its like.

So screw those idiots :P.

Edited by Midnight zap

The joke is on them if they automatically condemn it without even trying it, yes I was extremely skeptical when I first started watching but I am glad I gave it a chance. There are a few things that are not exactly my cup of tea either but I do go out of my way to pester fans of it by saying "oh this sucks I hate it how could you watch this?" That is calling trolling and the only way to respond to trolls is to stop giving a damn about them and move on. Their food is attention and I suggest making them look for their dinner elsewhere.

• Brohoof 1

What?! Are you telling me there are people on Earth who don't like MLP? And they've never even seen it?! This is outrageous!!!! Pretty soon you'll be telling me that there are people who hate Glee without ever having seen it!

But seriously. This kind of thing isn't even unique to the brony fandom. People are always going to make assumptions about things they don't know anything about. The best thing we can do is to ignore them, and try not to become them.

People at my school say MLP is crap even though they've never watched it

The most common argument is that its for 3 year olds. You see alot of them think that 3+ things mean that they're FOR 3 year olds. They prefer 18+ things even though they are only 11-12.

Another argument they use is that its for girls which i can see why but still they've never bothered to watch it

One of them said that bronies are freaks with a sad life but to be honest he's the sad freak

I've thought up a name for these people, anti-bronies!

I could go on for a day about this but you get the point. What are your reacions to these anti-bronies?

I have done extensive research on the manner and have made this discovery.

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/6650409728/hCB2C611D/

Basically

haters_gonna_hate.gif

All jokes aside people will be people.

They are a panicky bunch. Always afraid of what they don't understand. They don't understand it so they try to avoide it or attack it. That's how things have always been.

Humans have always been afraid of what they don't understand.

My advice which is like everyone's else's is to ingnore them.

This I my reaction to Most haters.

1290204429881-mlp_yeah_whatever.png

Eventually they will get tired of go away. I mean we are too big of a fandom to kill of easily

451_comic_computer_creepy_parody_the_tru

And if not we have alternatives >:-)

tumblr_m3m8ipkK3Y1r1kike.gif

So don't worry.

They can't stop us.

Where all too powerful

rmx-to-all-haters-of-mlp_o_968423.jpg

Edit:

Not sure why first image isn't working. Just click link if you want to see the joke.

Edited by Phoenix237
  • Brohoof 1

The best you can do is ignore them. You can't make them like the show, but you also don't have to listen to what they tell you. 

Kids will be kids.