Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

People at my school say MLP sucks

RainbowFlash82

It's been said time and time again there's always something people are going to hate for sport and social status gains. Just keep liking what you enjoy and don't let anything hinder you from becoming what you want to be. Remember this is your life and your high school life who are they to dictate your life? Don't let them control you.

If this sounds like a dumb hippy lecture, I kid you not this is real life.

Edited by poniesforfun

The two most common arguments:

MLP is for 6 year old's

MLP is for girls

My Argument against that:

Then how do you explain the massive community of over 16 year old males. Most of which aren't gay, but just appreciate a great show when they see one. A community of bands together through thick and thin to help each other..If you think that's stupid...then I think I prefer to be stupid.....

I actually find that trying to appear mature is a mark of immaturity.  It's a desire to want to grow up.  People who are truly mature are well past that point and just like what they like. 

You, my friend, appear to be leagues ahead of the rest of the class in that respect.  Not much you can do right now, really, but just be confident in the fact that you like what you like, regardless of others' expectations.  Now *that* is maturity. 

You'll probably find that most of the people who are paying it out are only trying to fit in with the crowd. There's probably only one or two morons that everyone considers to be cool that irrationally hate the show because they stereotype everyone at first glance. 

Best advice is like a couple people have already said. Just ignore them. 

Well, the people at your school sound like stupid teenagers. Most teenagers are stupid and have closed minds. I wouldn't take it personally, it's their loss that they can't enjoy the show.

I wouldn't consider 11-12 year olds ''teenagers''. They are still just younger children. They aren't teenagers just yet (although they're close to it).

Sounds like the same kind of group I deal with at my school. Your situation isn't uncommon, in fact, it's probably very common. To have a bunch of idiotic teenagers saying bad things about something they know nothing about isn't a new concept. Just carry on, maybe end up converting one or two of them, and in the end things will work out.

Yeah, I know what you mean.

Most dudes at my school are too jersey shore-ish and say that girly stuff like that ruins you manhood or makes you gay.

I usually ignore them and never bring it up, as long as people don't pick on you, It's fine, after all, everybody has their own opinions, even if most people are stubborn...

I've met numerous people like this, but lately, the heckling has...lessened. For the most part.

I tend to ignore the fact that they hate or dislike the show. Hate is a strong word. I like what I like, you like what you like. That doesn't mean that I should stop liking what I like because I should like what you like. MLP hasn't changed the gamer part of me, rather, it's enhanced it. I mean, I went out and bought Fallout 3 because a group of dedicated bronies are working on a total conversion mod for the game to make it Fallout: Equestria. When I mention that, the looks I get are priceless.

Really, in a nutshell, I don't let their dislike of the show get in the way of me enjoying it. In fact, I keep my Rainbow Dash wallpaper and Rainmeter up every time I hang out down there. With Nightfall. ;3

Most of my friends at school have never seen the show, and they always seem to say that its either "gay" or "crap".
Others gave it a try, or kept an open mind and didn't judge.... So its all cool :D

Actually, today, someone who I was really great friends with said that "You're not allowed to have an opinion because you like Ponies", and I'm like seriously? Grow up.

• Brohoof 1

• 8 years later...
On 2021-09-17 at 3:30 PM, Paleopony said:

Who cares if they think it sucks? That's their problem. The best thing to do is to just ignore them.

I couldn't agree more.

That's their opinion and their loss. If you enjoy MLP then watch it.

• Brohoof 2