Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Anypony besides me want to (or already are) a pilot?

not_a_name

Anypony besides me want to (or already are) a pilot(or just like aviation)? I was just wondering if i was the only one out here, but i will see.

Me mucho gusta volar!

Edited by Artemis
this one had a little more activity, so I closed the other one intsead
  • Brohoof 2

I think that being a pilot would be BOSS!  

My great-grandma was a pilot and she was amazing.  Flying makes you feel so free.  A dream come true!

The thought has definitely crossed my mind a time or two. I have always wondered if I should drop out of everything I am doing now and go to flight school. Never really looked into it and I can't say I have any other reason than it would be kick ass to fly, not only fly but to be in control. Anypony can get a plane ticket and hop on a plane but to be in control if said plane... Gives me a rush thinking about it.

Yeah, I am in the stage of talking my patents into it but not to serious yet,( comparing to what will come) lol. I play fsx a lot and try to learn everything, also in buy books.

OMG Yes! I've been waiting for this topic to come along for so long! biggrin.png

YES. I am training to be a pilot. In fact, I've already logged 37 hours. 33 of them were in the Piper Warrior, and 4 were in the Cessna 172S G1000 (where I am currently training). In fact, if all goes well, I should be flying tomorrow. :3

Next year or the year after I will be transferring to Western Michigan University where I will start flying Cirrus SR20s, and if all goes well and I pursue aerobatics, then I'll be flying the Extra 300Ls.

Edited by AtomicBassCannon
  • Brohoof 2

Actually yes. I'd probably new to learn how to drive a car first, though. But it actually looks and sounds really cool to fly a plane. I think my uncle used to fly, but I don't know if he ever got his license, or if he still has it.

I pilot in the Royal Air Force for the UK, Does that count? I've flown only a few times, my age restricts me from full training. If anyone wants flying tips though, I can help! :D

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Whoa, lots more ponys than i thought would be on here, and kinda feel good being around aviator-bronys. lol. But yeah, brohoof to you all!

now that i am already over 100 characters i can say this. I am not going to put random stuff to get more characters ever again. smile.png...

Edited by Gold Ember

I have always always wanted to do this at least once in my life to be able to learn how to fly a plane. I think it would  wonderful how to learn. I was actually wanting to join the Air National Guard but do to a lot of things holding me back like food allergies prevent me from joining unfortunately. I even spoke with a recruiter to see if there could be any other way but seems as it would be a no go for me. But yes I do have a huge desire to one day have a chance to be able to do something such as this. 

• Brohoof 1

Well to be honest I don't even have a drivers license yet so yeah :P. Besides I'm scared of heights, I don't think I could ever feel safe flying an airplane(Especially with me driving it, and not someone who actually knows what they're doing :P.)

• Brohoof 1

Everypony who says they need a drivers license first, no you don't! As long as you have a form of photo ID, you're good to go.

As long as you are 15, you can take the Private Pilot Knowledge Exam. (And solo a sailplane)

At 16, you can perform your first solo flight.

At 17, you can get your Private Pilot's License.

At 18 you can get your Commercial rating.

At 23 you can get your Airline Transport rating.

• Brohoof 2

My family has some story on Air stuff my dad's a pilot, my mom was a pilot and I got my private Pilot license at 18 but the things on the air industry by that time here were not that good so I went for an IT career. My license is now expired and I think it even got some worms   and lost all its fles, have been some years since that stuff XD. But my time in the air was nice maybe one day i would get the time to get it back.

Everypony who says they need a drivers license first, no you don't! As long as you have a form of photo ID, you're good to go.

As long as you are 15, you can take the Private Pilot Knowledge Exam. (And solo a sailplane)

At 16, you can perform your first solo flight.

At 17, you can get your Private Pilot's License.

At 18 you can get your Commercial rating.

At 23 you can get your Airline Transport rating.

OMG thankyou for clearing that up, some many ponys have been confused, but also, you can take flight lessons at any age(I'm pretty sure thats student pilot, but no completely sure) 

OMG thankyou for clearing that up, some many ponys have been confused, but also, you can take flight lessons at any age(I'm pretty sure thats student pilot, but no completely sure) 

Eeyup. That's true. I was flying those Piper Warriors back when I was 14 (I had to take a few gaps in training due to financial reasons...that's the one downside to flying. So. Bucking. Expensive).

But my time in the air was nice maybe one day i would get the time to get it back.

If you mean you lost your hours, as long as you have the logbook(s) you logged hours in, you still have them. But, i have no clue if that is what you mean...ALWAYS KEEP LOGBOOK(s)

I have the log books somewhere I think but now with all the stuff I have on my work I dont have time to go back into the air... and dont have a plane to fly now that Im out of the nest too XD. 

I have the log books somewhere I think but now with all the stuff I have on my work I dont have time to go back into the air... and dont have a plane to fly now that Im out of the nest too XD. 

Oh.......I see, that makes more sense, but if you do start up again, I hope you find your logbook(s) If you don't, have fun making them up(jk), lol

I actually flew in a Robinson R22 for the introductory lesson, though I can't say if I will stay with it. I'm not a big fan of fixed wing, but I might try it sometime.

I used to be obsessed with planes when I was younger, now after taking a few flights it's kinda meh, I don't see myself flying one and I'd only have the desire to learn if I had disposable income, flying school out of the military is extremely expensive, but assuming I wouldn't blow anything up and had the money I'd do it, if only to have that skill set with me.

6 hours across Cessna 152 and 172's when i was 16, but haven't gone back to it due to blood pressure problems.

Did get some time in an EA-18G Growler and EA-6B Prowler sim while in the navy though :)

the instructors/pilots kinda thought it odd i could fly well enough, and not crash when rolled over (apparently 90% of people get disoriented and hit ground)

Tried to get me to fly under Deception pass (in WA) but i've had experience with those old sims before, and chances are the bridge is 1 big solid block and couldn't be flown under, so i didn't bother :P

I miss my old military job.. the planes... ze planes!

• 2 weeks later...

Commercial/instrument, multi-engine jet with some type ratings, experienced in ocean crossings, aerobatics, etc.  PM me if you have questions about specifics.

It would be cool I suppose, but I get terrified when I drive. I mean, I'm perfectly capable of driving but I just worry more than I should. I attribute this to an accident I was in when I was little. My whole family nearly went into a frozen river after getting rear ended by some jerk on an icy stretch of road. Our car was stopped by a tree on the river bank, thank god. I think I would be too fearful to actually fly, being frightened while driving and I hate planes anyways. They're too tight and claustrophobic. 

Commercial/instrument, multi-engine jet with some type ratings, experienced in ocean crossings, aerobatics, etc.  PM me if you have questions about specifics.

PM sent. :3

Oh, and since my last post, I've flown two more times (the weather has until recently been...uncooperative), and I've gotten my first logged instrument time while flying under a visor.

My mom went to a flying school, and actually knows how to fully fly a plane. Just a fun fact :3 Me? I have no real interest for it, but if I ever got drafted into the military, being a jet pilot wouldn't be a bad combat role to be assigned to.