Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private The Haunted Woods

Azura

"If you believe they're friendly, feel free to head out there and talk to them. But judging from the looks of them, I doubt they are. Taking the risk to communicate with them when we don't understand their language would be dumb, especially when we don't have any sort of backup." she replied Hypno. The tribal ponies finished their little conversation and started walking up a very narrow path. "Maybe we should follow them to see what they're up to." she started sneaking behind bush to bush as silently as possible. 

@@Azura,

"You know, Azura," Honey Seed whispered following Azura closely, "I'm kind of with Hypno on this. Even if they aren't friendly, what kind of ponies are we if we attack first? Maybe they aren't up to anything and we're just causing more trouble for ourselves. From your logic, a bird chirping in the trees must be a spy. Also, if they are really from the Everfree, do we even stand a chance?" Honey paused to duck around a branch. "Haven't we seen enough proof that those accustomed to the Everfree aren't to be messed with? The monster that just about kicked our rears, the pony who jumped out and attacked you, and we're only a little bit in. You admit that it's dangerous without backup. Maybe they're just going about their day and don't want to be spied on anymore than we do. Let's just sneak around them and keep going. I'm pretty sure they're not the ponies we're in this forest to find anyway."

@@Azura

Bluenote decided to try and go with le flow and kind-of followed behind the orange pony. "Psst.. why excatly are you following them?  Unless your going to rob them in anyway, there shouldn't be a reason to...right?"  She whispered into her ear. 'I thought I heard somewhere that tribal ponies were not to be trusted... that doesn't seem good...', she thought.

Edited by Third Octavia

Hypno sighed, looking at scout for a few moments. "I'll guess we're going to have to meet them too." He commented as he started to jog silently and then climbed up a tree to where he could see the scene. Three tribal ponies were pretty close to Featherstone now. He knew he couldn't get him out without them noticing now. So he waited to see what their reaction to him was going to be before he took action. 

• Brohoof 1

@,

One of the tribal pony's sixth sense was telling that something wasn't right. He started scanning his surroundings and spotted something out of the ordinary in the bushes. Pointing his spear directly towards Azura, he started talking in a language we all didn't understand. She slowly walked out and said "Don't worry, we're friendly!" it was absolutely nerve-wrecking from the thought of having a spear piercing straight through her body.

• Brohoof 1

Hypno looked back to see that Azura was spotted too. "Horseapples..." He thought as he wanted to decide what pony to help first. He looked at Scout. "Guard this pony and make sure he doesn't get killed, but don't get physical with them yet, we might be able to avoid this." He explained as he jumped down from the tree and then walked out to where Azura was, his sunglasses oddly fixed now. 

Scout nodded and landed. He said something to the guards in their tongue, along the lines of, "We mean no harm. We're just passing through." He puffed his chest out and spread his wings in a protective manner, but his overall height was still probably about an inch or two shorter than the tribal ponies. Despite this, he was looking them in the eyes in a manner that suggested respect and wariness.

we all didn't understand

(WHO DOES? D:) 

Assuming the orange pony tried to answer the question, she was stopped by another pony. Then Bluenote heard some random gibberjabber, and the a few "We are friendly" pleas.

'Well, buck.', she thought.

She wasn't about to take any extra risks, so she stayed put.

"Hey Boomy," Pinoak looks towards Boomy, "On the way back to Ponyville, do you mind if we stop by the site where we were first attacked? I wanna see if we can find some sort trail from the creature we could follow, plus I want to get some of that egg and start examining it." After a few moments of thoughtful silence, Pinoak asks,

"What on Equestria could have laid an egg that big?"

(OOC: Okay, here it goes)

(EDIT)

"Hey Boomy," Pinoak looks towards Boomy, "On the way back to Ponyville, do you mind if we stop by the site where we were first attacked? I wanna see if we can find some sort trail from the creature we could follow, plus I want to get some of that egg and start examining it." After a few moments of thoughtful silence, Pinoak asks,

"What on Equestria could have laid an egg that big?"

Boomy agrees and both look for the site of the attack and after a few minutes they found the place "Ugh, this place reeks, let's hurry and look for clues" Boomy doesn't notices anything unusual, besides the smell that is, pinoak is looking around the scene, if he find a clue boomy doesn't know.

The egg does look rather ominous "Let's take it, we will get somepony to examine it later"

It took both of them by surprise when they opened Pinoak's cart to found that the injured pegasus was not there, in fact it seemed like it was never there to begging with. "That...little...brat..." Boomy whispered with a dull pain in the head due to the anger it provoke him. The smell wasn't helping neither.

Boomy's party is traking back the trail they leave when they enter the forest for the first time and make haste to catch up with the others later, after a few hours the party can see a distinguishable dim light, the closer they get the brighter it was and before they noticed, they were out of the forest.

(OOC: I have permition to do this > _ > )

After small talk on what to do first, Boomy and Pinoak dicided to split up the tasks, Pinoak will look for clues and fix the bestiary and Boomy would buy the gear, get the injuries fixed and get some medicine for those who are still in the forest. Also, if posible, both of them will look for extra help for the party.

"Okay... at least is one thing less to do now, i better hurry with the stuff" Boomy separetes from Pinoak and heads to the shopping district.

While walking towards his destinination he noticed that the ponies were acting strange, nothing out of the ordinary, but it could be felt this weird pressure around town, like if something was off, although he couldn't tell what exactly. After some thought boomy desides to head home first to pick up some of his stuff. As soon as he gets there he noticed that the doorlock of his house was forced open. Inside the house was a mess, more that ussual, many papers scattered in the floor, all the drawers were open wide and all of his files and investigation was all over the room, someone or something broke in. His hidden save was open too but all of his money was still there, in closer inspection, it doesn't seem like the thiefs took anything of value, or anything at all for that matter. In fact, it looked like there was some kind of fight too, no blood but marks of claws could be seem on the walls and in some drawers.

There's no time to waste, i will fix this later Boomy thought as he grabs all the money he had to buy the new gear. Before leaving he also grab a special metal case labeled "PCK: Portable Chemisty Kit" and another bag, this one had the label "Inflammable" on its side.

I don't know what's happening but i will get to the bottom of it. Boomy leaves again to the shopping district.

Edited by Revolver Bobcat

Steel sees boomy leaving his house in a huff. He flies down and asks, 'What happened?' He looks behind to the door and is horrified. 'Dear celestia, thats awful. I'm going to run back to my house to make sure nopony broke in.' *flies back*

(10, 15 minutes later)

He sees the door was broke in and his metal was scattered about. Steel drops his sword and starts running through his house.'Kitchen, fine. Forge...' He sees that all the weapons were scattered about. He does a quick creation count and notices that his lance is missing.'Oh, thats not good. I need to get back and warn the others before my lance blows one of them up. Bedroom, check. Bathroom, check.' Steel grabs some money in case anypony else got broken in to and needed help. He then flies back to town.

• Brohoof 1

"First things first: Go to the library. I think the librarian might know what this egg is. Or at least, know a spell to fix this book." Pinaok floats the book into his bag, the egg onto his back, and the bronze dragon marionette, Dralthor, beside him. 

He starts to walking towards the library, and on his way, he notices that the local townsfolk are stopping to stare at him. He starts greeting, nodding, and waving at them as he continues his walk.

"Hello there... How's it going...... Pardon me... Sup.... They're probably staring at Dralthor." Now the dragon is starting to stare at ponies. As the stallion continues to walk by, he notices the stares are starting to feel more hostile. "Umm.... Hel- oh look! My destination!" 

He walks up to the tree's doors and gives a polite knock. He knocks for a third time when he notices a note on the door.

Spike and I are currently doing research in Canterlot.

We won't be back until next week.

So until then, the library is closed.

Sorry for the trouble,

-Twilight Sparkle

"Well isn't that just great." Pinoak sighs, "Looks like I'm going to have to find somepony else to fix this book. Might as well drop the egg off back at my wagon." With a dejected look, Pinoak heads back to the wagon to drop it off.

• Brohoof 1

The tribal ponies weren't outmatched but they didn't want any trouble so they started backing up with their spears still pointing towards us and all of a sudden, they magically disappeared into thin air. "How in the hoof? They just.. Dis- Disappeared into thin air?!" Azura's mind was blown.

• Brohoof 1

Suddenly, the tribal warriors disappeared. Featherstone had almost covered his face with his hooves. He didn't want to get hurt. And when he saw them point their spears at Azura moments before, he had almost jumped up. He walked over to the others, slowly, still a little confused.

Scout's eyes widened, and he lowered himself, ears back, like a wolf retreating, "Something is wrong. This kind of thing doesn't normally happen in the Everfree, no matter what the stories say. At least, not in the 12 years I've lived here." His ears were stretched and ready for him to fly away.

• Brohoof 1

Arrow had his bow drawn and ready to fire until the tribal ponies disappeared. "Wow... Ok... That isn't strange." He said with a head tilt. Arrow with-draw his bow. "Did they teleport? If so... How?" He looks at the group a bit puzzled. "Even I don't know how to teleport. Then again, I can only conjure weaponry." He ended.

"I don't want to sound like the scaredy pony who's scared of her own shadow, but this seems like a good time to try and back off like we didn't see anything," Honey Seed said as she backed into the brush, "Even a pony familiar with the Everfree has never seen this and it feels like something we don't want to get involved in. I'm pretty sure it's not too late to find a safer route." She looked around to a sign that the ponies didn't actually disappear and were using some kind of trick, but there wasn't so much as a disturbed leaf. "This really doesn't look good."

Edited by RoseLaflesh

(edited)

@,@,  

"Maybe we should go up the path they were heading to, it might just lead us to something greater than three ponies with fancy magic." The path looks like it leads to the other side of the mountain, and only time will tell what was behind it.

(OOC: I give Hypno and Dawnpath permission to write whatever they want to see on the other side of the mountain and it'll be part of the story. Just don't make too unrealistic. This will determine what happens in the next few pages or the entire roleplay so make it count.)

Edited by Azura
  • Brohoof 1

@@Azura,

"Woh!" Honey put a hoof in front of Azura, "You want to follow the disappearing ponies down the unknown path in a forest that's famous for it's dangers and monsters?"

She thought it over a bit, flip-flopping between loving the idea of finding out what's at the end of that path and why those ponies disappeared, and the sinking feeling that this was some sort of trap set up by a hungry monster. "How do we know those were really ponies? Maybe there's some sort of witch waiting to ensnare traveling ponies by using illusions to lure the curious down that path." Honey pondered a bit more, "Is that possible? I know that some talented unicorns can create visual illusions but I'm not sure I've heard of ones with sounds as well, but then again, I don't know that much about magic."

She realized that she was thinking out loud. "I'm just as curious about the disappearing ponies and the unknown path as you, but I'm getting really bad feelings about this."

Judith had followed behind from a distance, and finally made her way closer. She was protecting their defenses from the back so that they would not be flanked by monsters or anypony.

She walks up to the group "That was a close one. I agree, we should follow the path, just to see where they were headed." She then scanned the area around them and found that her eyes did not deceive her, and that the ponies did actually disappear. 

(Maybe a temple. Or at least the ruins of one to give clues on what's happening.)

Hypno looked around, with a very confused look behind his sunglasses. He just couldn't put a hoof on what had just happened. Especially since there was no trace of where they had gone, or at least so he thought for now. He looked over to Azura and nodded. "I agree." He commented. He was now able to see things quite a bit clearer now that he fixed his glasses.

• Brohoof 1

@@RoseLaflesh@,

"We're here in investigate, you should have known that from the very beginning when you signed up. It means you should be willing to do anything for the greater good, even if we have to sacrifice lives!" she walked around her and continued walking up the path. "I hope they aren't planning on ambushing us." she mumbled under her breath, looking around to see if there was anypony hiding behind the many trees around them. 

(OOC: Temple it is.)

• Brohoof 1

@@Azura,

"You're right," Honey said, knowing that she did sign up for this. No matter where they choose to investigate, it would be walking as blindly as they are now.  She always considered herself a brave pony, but as they say, you don't know what you're capable of doing until you get the chance of doing it. "Let's see where this leads and hope that this really isn't as much of a trap as it looks."

Boomy's first stop was at the Doctor, he ask for a prescription for some "Anti-Lux" Posion for Steel, the glowing doofus. Also he descrived the symptoms of Featherstone illness.

"That sounds as a tipical case of 'Arriperent', its normal for kids of their age, his hormones are all over the place too right?" The Doctor chuckle as he gives the recipe for Featherstone's medicine.

In his way to the pharmacy Boomy notice the weird looks of some of the ponies around town, they were trying to hide the fact that they were watching him, with little to no results, it was obvious that they were watching him. At the Pharmacy the owners were acting normal and so did the costumers, it seems like whatever its happening not everypony is involve. In the Pharmacy he purchase a few medic kits, these contain many utilities like alcohol, painkillers, bandages, antibiotics and more, all the necesary to heal any wound. Also a few antidotes for the common poisonous beings that roam in the forest and of course, the medicine for feathersone and steel. Such a big shop just for 1 costumer, the owners were a little consern about why would he carry so much for himself, Boomy tells them about the events that ocurred in the past few days.

"Unbelievable..." Said the old lady at the store "You're saying that Azura went into the everfree forest?" The old owner of the store seems very consern about her "Do you know her?" Said boomy "Why yes, me and her mother met a long time ago, i haven't seen her in ages, too bad we couldn't chat before all of this happened" The old lady is pensative, a few seconds pass while she is staring into the ground, thinking what to do, she looks at Boomys eyes "Hold on a minute sonny, i have something for you" the old lady leaves the store for a few minutes and comes back with a big book on her back, the lavel says First Aid Manual Vol 1 : An introduction for amateurs "Here, take this" The old lady hand over the book to him "Im maybe old but i can tell the diference between a real doctor and some wannabe medic" the old lady seems very satisfied with her comment, boomy thanks the owner and tells her he will give the book to azura with her regards.

Edited by Revolver Bobcat

"It didn't really look like they wanted to fight too much." Hypno commented. "The other pony we have that lives in the Everfree like myself might know how to communicate with them too." He added. He knew that he himself could find a way to communicate with them, but that would involve exposing himself a bit more than he wanted to.

"It didn't really look like they wanted to fight too much." Hypno commented. "The other pony we have that lives in the Everfree like myself might know how to communicate with them too." He added. He knew that he himself could find a way to communicate with them, but that would involve exposing himself a bit more than he wanted to

"If he might know how, then he's probably a genius." Arrow said with a bit of doubt. He was falling a bit behind for he felt as if  he's being left out. So he tries to rejoin the group by trying to butt into the conversation. 

(Sorry for not posting much, computer is being used by others.)

Edited by War Wolf