Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private The Haunted Woods

Azura

OOC Thread

It was a dark night and everypony was sleeping peacefully in bed, at least until somepony screamed from a distant. It wasn't that loud and it's unlikely that many ponies heard it, but Azura did. She quickly ran out to see what was going on, but she didn't see anything out of the ordinary. She went back inside, hoping to go back to sleep, but what she heard just now kept her awake, wondering what happened within the Everfree Forest.

Azura couldn't fall asleep, so she got out of bed and spent her time creating a poster about gathering a few ponies to investigate about what happened over in the forest yesterday night. "This will have to do.." she told herself as she printed a hundred copies to stick around Ponyville. She took the stack of posters and went around, handing it out to ponies that walked by and sticking it on walls wherever she saw one so that everypony is aware.

A few hours past and she ran out, so she went back home and saw a note stuck on her door saying "We'll be waiting for you.." She peeled it off, ripped in half and tossed it into the air as the wind consumed it. If nopony did anything about it any time soon, it'll be a matter of time before they decide to come out and lay waste to all of Equestria, and Ponyville will be the first one to get destroyed by whatever is in there.

Edited by Azura
  • Brohoof 1

"Just one more finishing touch aaaaannnd....." Thump "What was that?"

Pinoak puts down the puppet he was working on and rubs his eyes. "Did somebody put a poster on my wagon?" 

Pinoak looks towards the door. "I really hope somepony didn't poster my wagon again." He stands up and starts walking towards the door. "Last time somepony postered it, the glue ruined some of the paint on it with the glue, the time before that, the ENTIRE wagon was covered, and before that....." 

Pinoak trots out of his wagon, still complaining about posters on his wagon, when he bumps into into a frantic, orange, red and white pony.

"I'm sorry miss, didn't see you there. Might I ask you wha-"

"Here," The mare forces a poster into Pinoak's hooves. "I'm going to need all the help I can get. Please come to the meeting on the poster!" And with that, she takes off running towards a group of ponies, forcing more posters into their hooves.

"Well that was interesting." Pinoak walks around the side of his wagon, and spots a lone poster. "IS that?" He takes a closer look at the poster, then looks at the poster in his hooves. "Oh come on!!!" Pinoak pulls down the poster on his wagon, and starts trotting in the direction of the meeting place. "There better be a good reason for postering my wagon..."

• Brohoof 1

After a day of handing out posters, she laid down on her bed and started thinking about what lies within the Everfree Forest and the dangers lurking within. She couldn't help herself but to think about it, as if it was the only thing in her life. "Who was the pony that yelled on the top of her lungs before she was silenced?" her curiosity was just making it worse, so she decided to let it go for now and wait for the ponies to gather over at the Town Hall of Ponyville tomorrow afternoon.

• Brohoof 1

Nightfall had been cleaning his shop until a thump had startled him. Not able to fully get back into the mood for cleaning, he went out and discovered a poster on his door. He sighed and took it inside, where he looked at it. He looked around for a moment, eventually deciding to go to this meeting.

Breakdown was just taking a little walk then he saw a poster. "An investigation about some scream in the middle of the night? I officially want in." He continued to read to find out where this meeting was. He thought to himself, "Finally something to do in Ponyville." He then started his walk to the meeting place

Honey Seed wondered down the streets. Now where did Basil Leaf say he lived again? Honey thought as she looked around the streets with barely enough sun to see the road under her hooves. Basil offered to house her while she studied the plants of the Everfree Forest. There was already so much every pony knew about the plants outside the forest and while she won't be the first botanist to go searching the Everfree Forest for new species of plants, she hoped to make a discovery so big, no botanist would go through school without knowing her name. There are so many rumours that surrounded the Everfree Forest, and Honey Seed hoped to disprove some of them, or better yet, find prove. But first, she needed to find a nice bed and rest after a long day and night of traveling.

As she walked through town, she couldn't help but notice all the posters attached to anything a nail could go through. For a while she was just too tired to do anything but find Basil's place and finally set down all her heavy bags, but after seeing the same poster again and again, her curiosity overrode her sense of fatigue  and she trotted over to one of the posters stuck to a tree.

It was something about screams coming from the Everfree Forest and a call for ponies to join in the investigation. This was very interesting. Honey's curiosity was piqued beyond her sense of exhaustion. It might have nothing to do with botany, but she's heading in the Everfree Forest anyways, might as well join a search party or whatever this is about. Honestly, she wasn't very excited about exploring the dangerous woods alone, and this made for an excellent excuse. 

Honey Seed tore the poster off the tree and shoved it in her saddle bag. She'll ask Basil where town hall is, that is if she ever finds where Basil lived. She was pretty sure he said there was an herb garden out front. Honey scanned the streets and groaned when she realized none of the houses matched that description. It wasn't until the sun had risen that Honey finally found the house she was looking for. She collapsed on her bed before Basil could even complain about the bags she buried him in.

• Brohoof 1

Judith walked out of her cottage that morning to find a paper attached to the door of her house. She gently tears the paper from the door and began to read the note. She thought to herself that the notes's contents were quite peculiar, especially since it was asking for ponies to meet regarding a scream coming from the Everfree Forest.

"I guess I could check it out." she stated to herself as she tucked the paper into her saddlebag. She then trotted off toward the market to get groceries. 

• Brohoof 1

Hearing a small thump(it's a miracle!) Irish steel stops his hammring and goes to his front door to see what in the hay made that noise. 'Oh, look. An investigation about.. *this is like him mutterint under his breath* Well, that IS certainly interesting  Might as well go.' Grabbing his lance and dipping the halberd blade in the water, he heads out the front door.

As everypony was busy doing something, Azura sat in front of her desk spending her time drawing since it takes the edge off her and her mind about what happened. As hours flew by, the skies started to darken. She couldn't wait to investigating about what happened so she could get it off her head.

• Brohoof 1

(OOC: I have returned from camp! And I will not even write a new paragraph.)

Goldseek had heard the rumors. And he definitely didn't doubt them. That forest was evil, and he knew it. He was there once. He was just a colt. He had killed a pony in there. His first murder. He had always hated that memory. When he was betrayed by who he thought to be a friend. And now, somepony runs out of the forest, wounded and bleeding. The creatures in there were finally moving. Planning to take Equestria, undoubtedly. He packed up his things. It was time to take action.

• Brohoof 1

Azura decided to get some rest before the sun rises. She wouldn't want to look half dead tomorrow when she meets the other ponies that want to help out on the investigation. She laid down on the couch and fell asleep almost instantly.

(@, Welcome back. Just post something about seeing a poster and meeting over at the Town Hall tomorrow afternoon. It's midnight right now.)

• Brohoof 1

Surefire swooped down from the sky and gently landed on the ground, going to see what the hay was going on. She took a quick glance around town with her red eyes and noticed the many posters plastered on everything in sight. She grabbed one off the wall of a flower shop and quickly read through it. 

She nodded also curious to what was causing all the commotion in the everfree forest. She looked at the rising sun and decided she would go to the meeting about such matters.

Goldseek opened the door, then discovered someone had stuck a poster to it. He ripped it off and read it. Meeting at Town Hall tomorrow afternoon about Everfree. Perhaps he could wait a while. It was too dark to do anything anyway. He closed the door and moved towards his bed. It was time for sleep. For now.

Azura woke up and looked out the window. She saw the sun peeking through the mountains but it still wasn't time. She wanted to meet up with everypony as soon as possible over at the Town Hall in the afternoon, plan and pack everything they needed and head out to the Everfree Forest, so being on time was a must.

She went down, grabbed her saddlebag and packed it with all sorts of things she needed like a sword to cut through veins or whatever lies within, a bottle of water, some bandages, a piece of rope and other things she could think of. She placed her bag over at the front door and waited for time to past.

Surefire took off into the sky to make a quick stop back home in cloudsdale, to gather some of her things. 

She flew for a while and then drifted up and into her little house made of clouds. She grabbed her custom saddle bag and put in some bandages, a small sword, a cantene, and some other various necessities. She glanced around her house one last time, to make sure she didnt forget anything, before she drifted back down into Ponyville.

Time flew past like leaves on the ground as the sun rose up. It was morning and she decided to take a shower one last time before heading out into the forest. Azura wanted to go eat something nice over at the cafe nearby before heading over to the Town Hall to wait for the others to arrive.

(OOC: @@LeJAKoJAK, @@Nightfall, @@Rainbow_Scratch, @@RoseLaflesh, @@TBB Symphonia, @, @, @@Spectrum Whisper, It's morning, so get ready and head over to the Town Hall before afternoon.)

• Brohoof 2

Honey Seed groaned and cursed the sun that was waking her up. She felt like she barely got enough sleep to constitute a nap, but the sun blinding her through her eyelids told her otherwise. She rolled over so that the sun warmed her back and got comfortable again. Sleep was good and so it was not good to get out of bed after so little sleep.

But what about that poster you saw, a little voice in the back of her head reminded her. Honey Seed shot up, remembering that she wanted to get to town hall by noon. She sat in bed, weighing the pros and cons of just forgetting about the meeting and sleeping a little longer. As tempting as more sleep was, she was in Ponyville for a job and anything that will help that job was more important than sleep. 

She jumped out of bed, flinching a bit at her sore back, which still hadn't recovered from carrying all her stuff. She stretched out some of the stiff muscles, easing at least some of her discomfort and she headed to the kitchen. Basil Leaf sat in the kitchen with a kind yet frustrated look on his face. Honey Seed noticed the pot of coffee sitting on the counter and she made a beeline to it.

"You were really tired this morning."

Honey Seed answered with a sleepy hum of agreement as she walked past him.

"Tired enough to dump an entire laboratory's worth of equipment on my head on your way to my bedroom."

"Sorry about that." She said, pouring herself a cup of coffee. The smell alone was enough to relax the sore muscles and wake her up.

"It's alright, I only got a concussion," Basil rubbed the sore spot on his head, "and I was done using that bed anyways."

Honey Seed was too tired to catch his sarcasm, even if she could have at the best of times. "I guess I'll be getting to work soon."

"Already? You just got here, don't you want to get settled in, catch up on sleep, get to know the town before you get buried in work?"

"Nah, there are some ponies going to search the Everfree for some scream or missing pony or something like that. I figure I may as well help out and collect some samples while I'm out there. It's called multitasking. By the way, what kind of forest is the Everfree. I know it's strange, but is it rocky, steep, swampy or some other terrain?" Honey said between gulps of her coffee. It was cooler than she expected. Basil Leaf must have had it ready by the time she got there.

"I've barely been in there, so I can't tell you everything but as far as I've seen, the ground's kind of like a field, only with hundreds of roots to trip you up."

"Alright, so I don't have to worry too much about traveling light." Honey nodded as she thought about what she would bring. "Oh! And one more question before I forget. Where's town hall?"

Basil told her town hall was exactly where she'd expect it to be, in the middle of town. Honey Seed chugged the rest of her coffee down and emptied her saddle bag so that she could fill it with everything she'll need on this excursion. It was mostly filled with notebooks, sheers for taking samples, a compass  a camera to document the area, and the rest of her bags were filled with bug repellent, a first aid kit, and lunch that Basil had set aside for her. It was nearly noon by the time she was finished packing.

"Did you bring the kitchen sink in those bags as well?" Basil asked as Honey was tightening the straps on her bags.

"Not this time, maybe next time." Honey said, completely serious.

With a quick goodbye she was out the door. It was a nice day. The sun that had woken her up was nice and warm and had put all the other ponies on the street in a good mood as well. In the light of day, Ponyville was much easier to navigate. Only a few minutes later, she found a building that could only be town hall. She looked around, there didn't seem to be any pony waiting yet. She looked up at the sun and realized that she must be early. She found a grassy patch and set her bag down for a rest. That sleep she missed out on was coming back. Honey closed her eyes to just give them a quick break as she relaxed.

• Brohoof 1

Time flew past like leaves on the ground as the sun rose up. It was morning and she decided to take a shower one last time before heading out into the forest. Azura wanted to go eat something nice over at the cafe nearby before heading over to the Town Hall to wait for the others to arrive.

Nightfall woke up. The sun was shining, but he remembered that he had to be at the town hall at some point in time before the afternoon. He look around, collecting a few things he thought he might need and putting them in his saddle bag. He then started towards the town hall, grabbing some breakfast-to-go on the way.

(OOC: Okey dokey!)

Surefire glanced around ponyville before sighing and heading in the directiong of the town hall. She grabbed a quick bite at the Cafe for breakfast as she continued to the town hall. She approached the town hall and took a look inside. 

"Is this the place of the meeting?" She asked as she walked into the town hall.

Finally making it to town,Irish Steel stops at a cafe to get a cup of coffee. 'One cup of Irish Creme please.' Receiving  the coffee, he gives the counterpony 4 bits and sits down. While he it down he notice an orange pony with a poster on her table. 'Hmm. Maybe she put the poster up? Ah, i'll find out later.

Breakdown decided to grab a bite at the Sugarcube Corner before leaving to townhall. He ate a few cupcakes and then flew towards townhall. He didn't want to be late so he flew as fast as he could. He looked like a comet from the ground. He landed gently and walked into the townhall. "This is where the poster said to meet," he thought to himself

Judith woke up early that morning to the sound of chirping birds. She soon got out of her bed and headed down the stairs of her cottage. She moved into the kitchen and grabbed some fresh apples from the refrigerator. She looks at the kitchen counter and notices the poster sitting there.

She took a quick bite of her food, and rushed about her house. She grabbed her spear and a medical bag that included various types of gels and quick remedies. She slung her medical bag over her side and ran out of the house with spear in hand.

She was off to the town-hall to attend the meeting. 

Pinoak starts rummaging through his saddle bag. "I do believe I have everything. Spare fishing line, blank journal, pens and ink, dowel rods, hot glue gun, small hammer and nails, barrel of monkeys, a deck of cards, and a sewing kit. I think I'm set."

Pinoak starts to trot out the door when he stops and whips his head around. "How could I forget?!" His horn glows as a metallic, bronze, dragon marionette floats beside him. "Something to light a fire!" The dragon's mouth opens up and spouts a bit of fire. "You could end up being  pretty useful."

Pinoak locks the door, checks to see if the wagon's parking brakes are on, and starts trotting over to the wagon hall. 

After a few minutes of walking, he spots a red and black maned pony with purple glasses, and walks over to stand beside him. "Are you here for the town meeting too?"

Finishing the coffee, Irish Steel heads out to the town hall. He sees a red/black maned pony with purple glasses and... a mustard unicorn with a backpack. 'Great, unicorns. Prancing little no hopers.' Walking over he says,'Are you here for the meeting as well? Got the poster me-self about 3 in the morning.'

She quickly finished her breakfast and headed over to the Town Hall. As Azura approached, she saw many ponies standing nearby. "I wasn't expecting so many ponies.." she said as she approached them all and said "Hey everypony! Thanks for coming over and lending a hoof with the mystery behind the Everfree Forest! Are there any questions you'd like to ask before we head out?"

• Brohoof 2