Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private The Haunted Woods

Azura

Goldseek sat up as the light shone through the window. He had best get going. He took his scimitars from the wall, feeling he would need them, and slung his saddlebags over his back. Opening the door to his house, he then started walking towards the Town Hall, waving to ponies he recognized as he walked. He blinked as he saw the many ponies, wondering if his mind was playing tricks on him. Apparently, he wasn't the only one interested in inspecting what had happened. He walked up to the group, hoping it was the right group and there wasn't some kind of other exhibition starting. Which, he doubted would happen. 

Edited by ~Regular aRegularPony~

Surefire listened intently as some ponies asked questions and Azura said they would be heading out soon. She was some what scared but her eyes sparkled with excitement for what might be a great adventure. She just hoped that nopony would get hurt or lost in the vast land of the everfree forest.

• Brohoof 1

@,

Azura saw a pony running late, but at least he wasn't too late to miss the meeting. "Why hello ther- Do I know you? You look rather.. Familiar." she said awkwardly to the pony with the blue mane. "Well, since nopony has any questions, just write your name down on this sheet and we'll be going." she handed a board to a pony. After everypony was done writing their names, she wanted them to get moving before it got dark. "We'll be camping inside the Everfree Forest, just so you ponies know. Who knows what lies within.." she said with a shiver.

• Brohoof 1

Surefire waited for the board to be passed to her and quickly signed her name on the piece of paper. She hoped that the wonderbolts wouldnt mind her being gone. She didnt have any upcoming stunts or derbys anyway so they wouldnt mind if she took her vacation leave.

Writing his name down, Steel realizes he has a backpack on. Inside his head he yells, 'AH where the hell did this come from?! Did I put... oh, that must be it. Lets see what I have.' Putting the backpack on the ground, he sees a sleeping bag, his hammer, food/water, numerous weapons, and a few misc. items. 'Well at least I came prepared.'

Nightfall had arrived and was watching the pony who introduced herself as... Well, the flier said her name was Azura, but he didn't know much else about her. He sat silently, even as a late-shower came to the meeting. He kept looking her up and down, and thought that she was pretty.

• Brohoof 1

"Hey everypony!" Honey Seed woke up suddenly.

She realized she had fallen asleep, although she wasn't surprised seeing how sleepy she was earlier. Honey scrambled to her feet and pulled her bag on. She looked around and saw the crowd of ponies with a orange pony pony at the front.

"Thanks for coming over and lending a hoof with the mystery behind the Everfree Forest! Are there any questions you'd like to ask before we head out?" The orange pony said.

Honey nodded along with the rest of the crowd. She felt relieved that she didn't oversleep. She felt like rearing up in excitement at the thought of getting to search the Everfree Forest. There were so many rumours that she couldn't wait to figure out which ones were true. A clip board moved around the crowd for ponies to sign their names. Honey took the pen in her mouth and scribbled out her name before offering it to the pony next to her.

"We'll be camping inside the Everfree Forest, just so you ponies know. Who knows what lies within.." The orange pony said as everypony signed their names.

Honey Seed gulped with nervousness and more excitement. She didn't realize that they would be camping in the forest. She wasn't sure she packed for it. She thought over what weighed down her backpack and she decided she could rough it. All she could hope was there was enough room in her bag to keep days worth of samples. A few murmurs moved around the crowd. Some of the ponies looked like they were locals. Honey Seed hoped to pick out the ponies who knew what they were doing. The thought of all the unknown plants made Honey want to race somepony to the forest.

• Brohoof 1

@@Nightfall,

Azura noticed that somepony in the group was looking at her but she wouldn't look back since it would make it awkward. She was so tempted to look back, and she ended up doing so. Giving him a cute smile, she looked back at the crowd and said "We could always share tents if anypony doesn't have one. Sorry if I didn't tell you ponies earlier.." she said, blushing a little bit as she continued "Well then, let's make our way towards the Everfree Forest, shall we?" as she threw her saddlebag back onto her back and made her way with the rest of the group to the forest.

• Brohoof 1

Surefire strapped her red saddlebag back on and started to head towards the door. She glanced around at the some what large group of ponies and prayed to Celestia that eveypony would come back to ponyville in one piece. Even though she was excited, her red eyes shimmered with worry.

@@Nightfall,

Azura noticed that somepony in the group was looking at her but she wouldn't look back since it would make it awkward. She was so tempted to look back, and she ended up doing so. Giving him a cute smile, she looked back at the crowd and said "We could always share tents if anypony doesn't have one. Sorry if I didn't tell you ponies earlier.." she said, blushing a little bit as she continued "Well then, let's make our way towards the Everfree Forest, shall we?" as she threw her saddlebag back onto her back and made her way with the rest of the group to the forest.

Featherstone checked himself, realizing that he didn't own a tent, so he couldn't have brought one with him. And her cute smile made him blush. He followed her out, taking the moment to trot up beside her.

"So, are you Azura?"

He looked sideways at her as they walked.

• Brohoof 1

As they were making their way to the Everfree Forest, a pony trotted up beside her and asked "So, are you Azura?" so she replied him "Yes, yes I am. And you are?" she said, blushing a little bit since she's a bit shy, especially when talking to stallions. Azura looked back at him and smiled briefly.

• Brohoof 1

As they were making their way to the Everfree Forest, a pony trotted up beside her and asked "So, are you Azura?" so she replied him "Yes, yes I am. And you are?" she said, blushing a little bit since she's a bit shy, especially when talking to stallions. Azura looked back at him and smiled briefly.

He blushed a little, seeing her smile back at him.

"I'm Featherstone."

He looked at the ground for a moment.

"And, um... I'd like to mention now that... that I've never done anything like this before; that is to say, I've never really been out of a town for too long, so... I don't have a tent..."

He blushed, mentally facehoofing and wondering why he was telling her this.

Azura saw a pony running late, but at least he wasn't too late to miss the meeting. "Why hello ther- Do I know you? You look rather.. Familiar." she said awkwardly to the pony with the blue mane. "Well, since nopony has any questions, just write your name down on this sheet and we'll be going." she handed a board to a pony. After everypony was done writing their names, she wanted them to get moving before it got dark. "We'll be camping inside the Everfree Forest, just so you ponies know. Who knows what lies within.." she said with a shiver.

"Hmmm? Oh, no, I don't believe so." He sighed, then took the board and scribbled his name on it. It was messy, as writing with a mouth isn't the easiest thing, but it was readable. He then passed it to the pony next to him.

(OOC: Slightly shorter post because I had to edit. D:)

Edited by ~Regular aRegularPony~
  • Brohoof 1

Judith signed the paper and handed it to the pony next to her. She did not say a word during the introduction of what was to happen. She just listened. She was eager to investigate the haunted Everfree forest. 

She then moved across the room and leaned up against a pillar. She sharpened the spear-head in wait for what was ahead.

"If that's the case, why don't I just grab my wagon and whoever doesn't own a tent can crash in it. It shouldn't really be a problem. I plenty of supplies in there and we can use it to lug stuff around."

Pinoak grabs the sheet and scribbles his name down. He looks to the rest of the ponies. "Um.. before we head out, might I ask everpony's names? I have Mrs. Featherstone and Azura, but not the rest."

Giving it another pause, "How about I start."  Pinoak looks down for a moment, then quickly brings his head up. "Hello everypony! My name is Pinoak Stringhoof. I'm a traveling puppeteer and story teller." A mediums sized bronze dragon marionette floats up beside him, "And this is my good dragon marionette friend, Dralthor." A burst of fire comes out of the mouth of the dragon and it waves hello.

"Wow, that's amazing," Honey Seed gasped at the fire breathing dragon puppet, "My name is Honey Seed. I just came from Canterlot to explore the Everfree Forest. I hope to do a survey on the plant life growing there and maybe find a new species or two. When I heard there was going to be a team of ponies heading into the forest, I figured I might as well help. It's better than my original plan of going in alone. I don't easily get lost, but that forest gives me the creeps, and with all the rumours... I'm sure my botany survey won't hold anyone back. 

(edited)

@@Nightfall,

"Well nice to meet you Featherstone. You can stay with me in my tent if you like, as long as you don't snore." she gave him a wink and continued walking. "We're almost there everypony, is anypony missing?" she said as they approached the edge of the Everfree Forest.

(OOC: We could split into two groups if you want, you ponies decide. Just post over at the OOC thread and remember to mention me.)

Edited by Azura
  • Brohoof 1

@@Nightfall,

"Well nice to meet you Featherstone. You can stay with me in my tent if you like, as long as you don't snore." she gave him a wink and continued walking. "We're almost there everypony, is anypony missing?" she said as they approached the edge of the Everfree Forest.

(OOC: We could split into two groups if you want, you ponies decide. Just post over at the OOC thread and remember to mention me.)

"Share your tent..? Are you sure, Azura?"

He blushed a deep red.

"And, um... No, I don't snore, as far as I know... So... I guess... If you are sure, I shouldn't pass up the chance for shelter. I don't know if I would get another chance... So I guess I'll sleep with you. I mean, I'll sleep in your tent. Not with you, but in your tent... Like, next to you or something."

Featherstone was as deep red as he could get. He kept walking beside her, looking up to see the forest getting very close.

@@TBB Symphonia,

'Oh, look! Another pony with a favor for the anvil, or so it seems,' Irish Steel thought. He walks over to the pony and says "I see i'm not the only one with a lance here. Tell me, did you make that or did you buy it from someone? Very fine workponyship either way." 'Dear god i'm a moron, thats not how you introduce yourself!' " Irish Steel, by the way.(holding out hoof) Pleased to meet your acquaintance."

She extends her hoof out to Irish Steel. " Pleasure to meet you, I'm Judith. Now about my spear, that's my little secret." She smiled playfully at the stallion in front of her.

She asked Irish Steel "So, what brings you here on this journey? A lost loved one, seeking fame, fortune, a simple bout of kindheartedness perhaps?" She smiled again and walked away from Irish Steel before he had the chance to answer.

Edited by TBB Symphonia

She extends her hoof out to Irish Steel. " Pleasure to meet you, I'm Judith. Now about my spear, that's my little secret." She smiled playfully at the stallion in front of her.

She asked Irish Steel "So, what brings you here on this journey? A lost loved one, seeking fame, fortune, a simple bout of kindheartedness perhaps?" She smiled again and walked away from Irish Steel. 

'Charmed. My lance has a bit of a grey area fall-to. It breaks a few law.. and i'm talking to myself again. Joy.' Smiling back in the direction of the pony, he heads over to Azura to say hello. He sees shes talking to someone already, so he heads over by a tree and slams his lance into it to see if it's still the same as before. *tiny explosion* 'OK, still works.'

Edited by Oireann

@@Nightfall,

Azura giggled at Featherstone. "Did anypony call you cute before?" she said, biting her lips and blushing a little bit.

(OOC: Do you ponies want to camp nearby the edge of the forest for the night or do you want to go in as deep as possible until night and then camp?)

• Brohoof 1

"Other than my mother? Not really." Pinoak interrupted from a top of his moving wagon, laughing.

Pinoak looks up towards the sun, "I'd say we have about two or three more hours of traveling. So lets keep going and set up camp later." He pauses for a moment, then asks the group, "Does anypony know a good traveling song? You know, to help pass the time as we travel."

@@Nightfall,

Azura giggled at Featherstone. "Did anypony call you cute before?" she said, biting her lips and blushing a little bit.

(OOC: Do you ponies want to camp nearby the edge of the forest for the night or do you want to go in as deep as possible until night and then camp?)

"N-no, not really, Azura. I haven't known many ponies before. And I admit that I've never really talked to too many mares before. Es- especially pretty mares."

He blushed again, not sure what to do.

(OOC: let's camp in the forest, since it's only the afternoon in the RP.)

@@Nightfall,

"Well they should, you look like somepony I'd like to know.." Azura didn't want the skies to get dark before heading in, so she told the group "We'd best be going before the sun goes down." she said before heading into the forest with the other ponies.

(OOC: Let's move out!)

• Brohoof 1