Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

cosplay Could use some suggestions, please!

Calekai

Oooookie dokie lokie, so, I'm going to EQLA this year(finally i can go to a pony convention! wub.png  ) And I plan on cosplaying my OC: http://imgur.com/a/KjJqf  I have a wig, wings, ears and colored contacts already, but I was wondering what I should wear as far as clothing is concerned. He has a large knowledge of herbs in both their cooking aspects and there medicinal ones, and I was wondering if I should go something along those lines or if I should do something more casual and fitted to his non-professional personality(probably matching his color palette). 

Anyway, just looking for some advice and opinions. Thanks a ton! ^_^

Idk I'm not really a cosplayer per say, but I think that you should go with color scheme matching clothing, just my opinion really though.

Also did you make these art references? They're quite well done.

Idk I'm not really a cosplayer per say, but I think that you should go with color scheme matching clothing, just my opinion really though.

Also did you make these art references? They're quite well done.

Thanks for the opinion, mate.

No, I didn't make them, I'm not much an artist yet as I've only been practicing for a whole 4 days! You can check out my deviantart(link in profile) if you really want to see my putrid artwork. laugh.png

• Brohoof 1

Thanks for the opinion, mate.

No, I didn't make them, I'm not much an artist yet as I've only been practicing for a whole 4 days! You can check out my deviantart(link in profile) if you really want to see my putrid artwork. laugh.png

Your welcome, and oh ok thats fine, I'm an artist in one sense, i've done some art of my own(Links in my siggy) but I'm not really that great at all to be honest :P. So no worries :).

I'd say white shirt. Maybe some very faded blue jeans to match the wig colours, to bring the tail color into it. Unless you're going partial anthro, in which case you need white pants and an actual tail that will match the wig. If you want to match the drawings, all-white running shoes with no color stripes at all. If you want to deviate a bit for interest, matt black leather shoes to imply the hooves that some stallions are shown to have.

Now, if you're wanting to go the extra mile on it, pick up a relatively cheap chef's coat: http://www.restaurantdiscountwarehouse.com/i/Chefware/Chef+Coats/Economy+Chef+Coat%2c+65%2f35+Poly%2fCotton%2c+8+Pearl+Buttons+by+Uncommon+Threads/UT0400/

And embroider the cutie mark onto it, either on the pocket (which can be a pain depending on how you're going to do the embroidery), or on the 'flank' where the cutie mark would normally be. If you can get the cutie-mark as a digital image, there are lots of places that will be able to do the embroidery by machine. If you want it on the pocket, see if you can get the embroidery on a separate piece of white cloth, and sew it onto the pocket by hand yourself. It will be cheaper than having the place do it, as they'd need to upick the pocket from the coat, embroider, and then sew the pocket back on, which adds to the cost.