Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How would you compare Princess Twilicorn with Princess Wysteria?

Commander_PonyShep

For me, while I went from Anti-Twilicorn to neutral for the time being, I felt that Twilight deserved to be a princess more than G3's Wysteria.

When you get right down to it, Twilight didn't have to find some random, magic flower or whatever else MacGuffin to become a princess.  She had to work her way up to the title of princess, namely by learning about friendship and helping her friends fulfill their respective hopes and dreams.  And, as of right now, I highly doubt that she'll turn her five friends into alicorn princesses, the same way Wysteria declared her friends princesses themselves.  The reason is because Rarity and Rainbow Dash already have their own aspirations in the form of becoming a Canterlot pony and a Wonderbolt captain, respectively.  As for Fluttershy, Applejack, and Pinkie Pie, they're already happy with the lives they currently have, including animal caretaker, apple farmer, and baker/party-pony/foal-sitter, respectively.

And for Twilight, living as a princess won't be all fancy parties and parades like with Wysteria.  Rather, it'll actually be all about being strapped on a throne all day, helping various subjects with their respective problems, all possibly at the expense of Twilight's chances at resolving her own problems.

How about you?

When I saw the finale, I was instantly reminded of that horrid movie, which is why I hated the idea of "princess Twilight" in the first place, to me the execution really wasn't all that different, it was like "hey guess what, you're a princess now".

I hate both the G3 movie and the season 3 finale equally, though people have convinced me to withhold my judgement of alicorn Twilight until season 4.

When I first found out about Wysteria I laughed my ass off, sure there is a risk of Twilight being Mare E Sued if this goes any worse than it already has with the season finale but it is at least not a guarantee like Wysteria and all her friends becoming princesses was. It actually reminded me of this fanfic idea I came up with where Discord finds out about Celestia's plans to make Twilight an alicorn and he thinks it is a horrible idea so he turns random ponies into alicorns (Derpy being one of them) to show her why it is not a good idea.

When I learned that every member(even boys) of the audience on "Coronation Concert" were named a princess, I initially thought what they were making fan of the whole princess idea by referencing Princess Promenade but it appears wasn't their intention.

Edited by MadPointer

I did think the season 3 finale was a bit contrived, but Twilight definitely put in the work to earn the transformation into an alicorn and the title of princess. Still, as season finales go, it could have been far worse. Quite frankly, I think it opens up new ideas for the show and the characters, provided it's done in the right way. Perhaps she takes a step back, or perhaps her studies lead her into brand new scenarios, who knows? The show's crew has been consistent so far, and there's no reason why they can't keep it up.