Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc Pony Mystery Theater: Act II, Exit Trixie, Stage Right. (OOC)

Key Gear

Ah, Starshine, fate has smiled on you this day. Summerfall gets room 7, its got a great view of Trixie's old haunt and you're next door to Flow. Don't mind the occasional squee from your neighbor.

Ooh img-1308115-1-RRpCU.png

Forgive me for asking this, but is there any map of the train? I would like to plan a quick getaway in case of fire and a rampaging mare wacko.png

I tried to search for the old map in the old trixie train RP, but there is nothing there.

E: ah, nevermind. I missed the map at the 1st post. Sorry AhGSr.png

Edited by Starshine
  • Brohoof 4

And Pearl's also here, because of Klawpz' peer pressure. I also have not read the thing yet, because I've been meandering around with a new computer, laziness, and EXCUSES BUT I WILL ANYWAY. She will make everyone feel awkward with her weird antics:

http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/pearl-necklace-r1507

Sir Klopp, on 26 Mar 2013 - 18:44, said:

I'm a little too lazy to read the thing right now, but yeah here's Bones ready for being socially awkward in a confined space, wishing everyone would just leave him alone. :3

Princess Arylett, on 26 Mar 2013 - 18:47, said:

And Pearl's also here, because of Klawpz' peer pressure. I also have not read the thing yet, because I've been meandering around with a new computer, laziness, and EXCUSES BUT I WILL ANYWAY. She will make everyone feel awkward with her weird antics:

Hello y'all! Good to see that you are interested in joining, but given how involved my style of RP games tend to be, are you sure that you could find the inspiration to keep up with things? Just saying... If laziness precludes you from reading the first post in the OOC thread, it may be a bit hard to make it through the walls of text that tend to crop up once things get going.

Hello everyone! I'm now planning the first post in the RP. For new players, it is necessary for you to know where you are entering the RP before you post. News will spread around Ponyville that the train is now at the station, so this is how your pony would hear the information. At that point, you have three options for actually entering into their RP game in your first post.

1> Speak to Vim at the train engine, he'll take the ticket.

This is actually the most straightforward option. If you enter the RP in this way, then all you have to do is have your character go directly to Vim and inquire about a ticket onto the train. Here's the thing though. No more than three ponies may choose this option. If three are going to Vim, then the other players must choose another path.

2> Run into Ambrosia at the market.

If you choose this option, then your character can happen upon Ambrosia picking up supplies for the train. She'll be talking, so your character could overhear her and then inquire if she's from the train or whatever other option. Then, you could join her for some market running in an extra RP post before heading to the train. This might b fun/funny. Only one pony may choose this option at most.

3> Run into Dusky at the train station.

If you choose this option, then your character can enter the RP by wandering into Dusky as he is making his final inspection of the train. It'll be obvious that he works on the train, so this would provide an opening to ask him about getting on board. This option seems straightforward, since he is standing right by the train, but it won't be. Dusky likes to ask questions and talk a lot. Only one pony may choose this option at most. (You might get a free ticket, it depends.)

So, that covers the options for new players. For returning players, you have options as to how you want to pick things up.

1> Start off in your room.

This is the most straightforward option for returning players. You get to start out in your room and then go from there. No limit on the number of players that want to do this option.

2> Start out talking to a sleepy Springer.

Springer is in good shape but tired after the events of earlier. Feel free to have your player start out by yammering with Springer. Don't worry, if you let me know that you are picking this option, then I will have Springer direct conversation to your character in the first post. I'd like to have at least one returning player take this option.

3> Start out speaking with Dawn (Not Dawn Rider) in the parlor car.

No spoilers. It'll be interesting. Only one pony can take this option.

4> Start out in front of the train, speaking with Vim.

This is a great option to take if you're interested in meeting the new characters quickly.

5> Asteria's Option

Due to events in the prior RP, Bari, feel free to have Asteria join Ambrosia on the trip to the market. Just let me know if she'll be there and I can direct dialogue to her in my opening post.

6> Anything Else

Just let me know if I need to do something...

If you have questions, talk with me on Skype, but please put your choices in this thread to make it easier for me to reference when I'm writing.

• Brohoof 6

I think Dawn would be best going along the Ambrosia path. I just think thats where Id see Dawn making his way on the train.

• Brohoof 1

I will be going with these of course. Lapis would certainly like to continue to get information out of Springer. And who could resist a special character-specific option? :3

2> Start out talking to a sleepy Springer.

5> Asteria's Option

• Brohoof 2

1> Speak to Vim at the train engine, he'll take the ticket.

I would like to take this one, seems like the easiest and surest way to secure a room in the train. But... How should I make my entrance if he's busy in the engine room? :o

Is there any window on the engine car?

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I would like to take this one, seems like the easiest and surest way to secure a room in the train. But... How should I make my entrance if he's busy in the engine room?

Oooo, he won't be in the engine room, he'll be standing outside of it. Sorry for the confusion! That's what happens when I type while mindless. xD

Err... Meaning outside of the train.. Derp derp derp... derpy_emoticon2.png

Edited by Key Gear
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Croip. I was just about to take the Ambrosia path. Damn you, Dawn Rider. Damn you in the friendliest way possible.

You could always take the Dusky path. Though, I think that's what Starshine was going to switch to. It's a rewarding path. Your character is a wordsmith, she'll be fine. Should even thrive. 

EDIT: Oh snap! I was ninja'd!

D:

@@Key Gear,

Hm... After meticulously reviewing my options, I have decided that I will try my luck on Dusky's route. That promise of free ticket might be a bit too much to be ignored wacko.png

Excellent! :3 

Seeing as though you've ninja'd me, I should mention that, depending on how things go, there may be more benefits than just a free ticket. Depends, though. Don't worry though, positive things. 

Edited by Key Gear
  • Brohoof 2

Arcanel would have probably rested at his room, but given how he still feels he should do a better duty of making sure Springer's fine, he'll go talk with our lovable assistant conductor if possible for him to join Lapis.biggrin.png

If not possible, the room shall be his waking place.smile.png

• Brohoof 2

http://mlpforums.com/topic/55316-pony-mystery-theater-act-ii-exit-trixie-stage-right/

Hello everyone, we're live. :)

To new players, don't hesitate to barrage me with all of your questions. The Key, here, is to get things Flowing smoothly from the very beginning of the RP. Then, everything can build from there, from a firm foundation.

• Brohoof 6

Hello everybody.  Here comes an oldcomer!

Alex Night/M/Pegasus

Weather Patrol Pony

Key, you won't be disappointed. :3

Accepted!

Hello there, Alex! In order to re-enter the RP, you'll need to do some fancy hoofing. Basically, you need to have your character go to Vim and explain how he left but decided to come back. At that point, Vim will assign him room 8. :3

Wait a minute... THAT room 8?

Sorry I'm late to the show. Since I can't access the skype from this computer, I got a question here: Is Dusky wearing any kind of uniform that indicates him as the crew?

• Brohoof 1

Sorry I'm late to the show.

Welcome! =D

Is Dusky wearing any kind of uniform that indicates him as the crew?

Nope, he isn't, but he is making an inspection of the train engine, and he did just finish a conversation about train engineering stuff, so one or both of those would give him away, I think. huh.png

• Brohoof 1

Sorry, Scatcoal, but I'm gonna have to drop. At the moment, I seem to have lost all motivation to do any form of roleplaying. And also, things are starting to ramp up since I'm registering for college and have a potential job interview that might've gone well. Really really sorry to do this to you. >: It's just that I don't think I can leave you waiting with my relative lack of motivation going on.

• Brohoof 3

I need to get into the flow of things, cause im not 100% happy with my starting post. Usually Id add alot more detail and something leading up to him being in the market :/

Promise better things will come in the future guys :\

• Brohoof 1

Really really sorry to do this to you. >: It's just that I don't think I can leave you waiting with my relative lack of motivation going on.

Hey, that's reasonable, Ary. In fact, I kind dropped of the Internet, myself, when I went into college a while back. It's hard to maintain motivation for this kind of stuff with something serious happening. 

I need to get into the flow of things, cause im not 100% happy with my starting post. Usually Id add alot more detail and something leading up to him being in the market :/

Dawn, your first post was excellent. As I said to Ice Storm in Skype, it isn't about how much detail. Details are importnat, yes, but characterization is also remarkably important. I think that you nailed your characterization down in a frighteningly solid way. Details should be the result of added characterization and setting, not the other way around. You did fine and earned my respect in this RP. Just keep it up in the future.

:)

Promise better things will come in the future guys :\

Hey, buddy, we're all constantly improving, me included... But... Don't sell yourself short. That was an excellent post. You'll get more opportunities for excellence soon...

x) 

• Brohoof 4

I am not so sure on how to start my first post, begin by waking up or just be outside at the start stretching, maybe being outside would help because there are several ponies already buying tickets, makes for an easy interaction.

Edited by Flow (Naru)
  • Brohoof 1

I am not so sure on how to start my first post, begin by waking up or just be outside at the start stretching, maybe being outside would help because there are several ponies already buying tickets, makes for an easy interaction.

Hmmm, wait until after my next post and then weigh your options again? Flow actually has quite a lot of options after waking up and having a stretch:

• She could go outside, as you've said. - That would let her meet the newcomers.
  • She could go to say hello to Key Gear. Key isn't in her room, but Flow would probably know that Bolt's room is across the hall. Just knock on the door and join in. This would probably be a more rewarding thing to do.
  • She can go grab a sandwich and then head to the parlor car.
  • She could just go outside and then head into Ponyville for a bit. 

Endless possibilities? :?

• Brohoof 2

It would seem I have a lot less time on my hands than I expected to. Having recently moved out and dealing with an upcoming vacation as well as helping my family moving over the next month. I just don't have the time to read through too many walls of text, and certainly not write one. I just have far more important real life things that take priority over fiction. :3

• Brohoof 2