Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The relevance of DJ Pon3

G1 Derpy FTW

This elusive "DJ" if you will, Hasn't had much screen time I've noticed.

With the personal endeavors of the mane 6 they wouldn't have time to chill with him/her and thats completely understandable, any of you MLP enthusiasts care to enlighten me?

Such as;

* Where is the club and/or partying establishment that him/her MC's?

* Pinky Pie is clearly close friends with her since they both seem like party animals will she ever get a voice? (Ex. At the end of "A Canterlot Wedding")

* him/her seem to have random appearances throughout out the series but nothing much has been said or is noteworthy about him/her...

* Or is he/she just tragically not important like most "Other pony characters"?

Thank you!!

• Brohoof 1

DJ's don't need to own an establishment to perform. (like me in real life. I just perform at night clubs and parties.)

* Pinky Pie is clearly close friends with her since they both seem like party animals will she ever get a voice? (Ex. At the end of "A Canterlot Wedding")

She will most likely get a voice, Hasbro DOES listen to the brony fandom. And nearly all bronies love Vinyl Scratch.

* him/her seem to have random appearances throughout out the series but nothing much has been said or is noteworthy about him/her...

At the moment she's just a background pony, and will probably continue as one.

This is more of what people think.

So that I can't really answer.

Hope the helped you.  :)

~Luna

From what i Gather,DJ Pon-3 is a fan named pony that was originally just a background character. The show will never give Background ponies that we love so much any further thought much less development to the character .

Unless Hasbro targets bronies rather than children for MLP story direction, maybe we shouldn't hope too much on it for now.

The last time Hasbro gave fanservice in the form of giving voice to Derpy, even calling her by name.. some oversensitive viewer went on to complain about it and Hasbro immediately took measures for it. Changed her voice to sound more generic, "fixed" her eyes,  and even omitted her name from the script. It didn't matter how many bronies came to Derpy's defense. "Concerned" parents' rants was given more precedence over all the Bronies. But we can't blame Hasbro for that, Like I said their priority is the kids and of course the parents' views who are watching the show with their kids. I'm sure you've all noticed the lack of Derpy screen time all through out season 3.

So.. with that in mind, I don't think we should put too much hope on background ponies. Though Hasbro does give shout outs to bronies once in awhile, but I doubt this is their priority. Of course its still possible that DJ Pon3/Vinyl Scratch might still get more screen time that originally intended. Why not? Maybe they'll come up with a story line that significantly involves her. But so far there isn't any news or even just rumors about her. We can all just speculate until then.

I really don't like the DJ Pon3 name... it's Vinyl Scratch for me.

For me, Vinyl's relevence comes almost entirely from fan works. Without people glomming onto her I wouldn't think about her much at all.

Edited by Goose
  • Brohoof 1

I think hes just a roaming DJ, maybe he has one in canterlot somewhere, but otherwise I think hes just a roaming DJ.

I doubt being a background pony hes going to get much of a speaking role really. Its possible I guess.

Like all background ponies he has alot on him in fandom interpretation, but hardly any actual show interpretation, I doubt the show will expand much on his interpretation really.

Hes just a DJ so in the long run we're not going to see like a whole episode centered on him or anything :P.

I guess he doesn't show up very often because the mane 6 are always busy doing things and theres not alot of times suitable for his appearance.

She doesn't have red eyes. She has no connection to Octavia. She has no connection to dubstep.

She's a sight gag that some artist came up with that fans clung to.

I like her too but fans have a lot grander ideas about who she is than the show itself.

Edited by Jammo

I can't take her seriously until she scratches up her own version of Ginuwine's "Pony".

extracharactersextracharacters

extracharacters

extracharacters

extracharacters

I think of DJ Pon3 aka Vinyl Scratch as a background pony that can light up any establishment with dubstep on her DJ sound system.

I wouldn't really think much about background ponies development in the show but, they do make certain appearances. I like to put her in the background pony musician group with Lyra and Octavia.

But, she really is involved in fan fictions a lot.

Thanks for all of your theories as to who she is I don't partake in any fan-fictions what so ever, I guess I'm doomed. Yea there is no point in consulting about background ponies since they might as well not even exist...

She doesn't have red eyes. She has no connection to Octavia. She has no connection to dubstep.

She's a sight gag that some artist came up with that fans clung to.

I like her too but fans have a lot grander ideas about who she is than the show itself.

The only thing I disagree with here is the eye color.  It's pretty much cannon that her eye color is at least shaded somewhere within the red side of the spectrum (I would say magenta or something a tad darker.)

See this clip at about 5 seconds.  The turntables. 

him/her

DJ Pon-3/Vinyl Scratch is a female. Mares have rounder muzzles than stallions, whom have squarer muzzles. This shot of Big Macintosh and Cheerilee is the best for comparison.

35d1f7b6-a122-4824-985c-475c442c4390.jpg

* Pinky Pie is clearly close friends with her

Pinkie Pie is friends with everyone. The end of "Canterlot Wedding" doesn't prove much.

will she ever get a voice?

It's possible. Lyra and Derpy are prime examples of the possibility.

You hit the nail on the head on that last part. DJ Pon-3/Vinyl Scratch is merely a background pony.

Edited by PrymeStriker

This elusive "DJ" if you will, Hasn't had much screen time I've noticed.

With the personal endeavors of the mane 6 they wouldn't have time to chill with him/her and thats completely understandable, any of you MLP enthusiasts care to enlighten me?

Such as;

Thank you!!

you do know DJ Pon-3 aka Vinyl Scratch is a mare right? and yeah I get what you mean they should have her cameo in an ep at least once!

Honestly the only reason I can think of for Hasbro to give her screentime, or any background pony at all, is if they plan to sell a whole Toy series based on them

Her relevance is 100% to the fandom and 0% to the show.  We named her and gave her the personality.  They stuck her back into places because we liked her so much but Hasbro could give a care.

The only thing I disagree with here is the eye color.  It's pretty much cannon that her eye color is at least shaded somewhere within the red side of the spectrum (I would say magenta or something a tad darker.)

See this clip at about 5 seconds.  The turntables. 

You are SO right!! It seems like she has the same eye color as Scootaloo!!(or a close hue) I never noticed that you are awesome for pointing that out