3. 3. What program do you use for signatures

• Photoshop
    • Gimp
    • Paint.net
    • Inskape
    • Pencil and Paper
    • Other

Hello everybrony,

I was wondering what programs do you use to create art? I personally use paint.net for all mine, but other's use gimp, photoshop or others. I really want to know the best for each topic, Avatars, pictures and signatures. So that all everyone!!

Edited by Frozen Mint (Areo)

This guy uses Photoshop for everything.  Avatars and signatures are, to me, just putting a bunch of stuff together, so nothing else is really needed.  I can't do digital artwork though because A: I don't have a tablet and B: I can't draw for crap.

• Brohoof 1

I usually use a pencil, and a piece of white paper, preferably A4 img-1317595-1-ph34r.png

for signatures I use one of  the many amazing artists on this forums who take requests, because I have 0,00 digital artist skills...

I should have added pencil and paper on my poll, that was rather silly, but I like drawing with paper and pencil but I just like it more on the computer and it looks more show realistic! 

• Brohoof 1

Does anyone know how to use gimp, I tried and failed and then went on to paint.net and found it so much easier to use, I did follow the help guides but they were mumbo jumbo?

I do all my drawing in GIMP with my mouse :P. And my Avvie is made in GIMP aswell same way.

My Signature on the other hand was made by a friend so I didn't actually make it, I'm not that good at making sigs thats for sure :P.

I do all my drawing in GIMP with my mouse tongue.png. And my Avvie is made in GIMP aswell same way.

My Signature on the other hand was made by a friend so I didn't actually make it, I'm not that good at making sigs thats for sure tongue.png.

Do you know how to use gimp? I tried and failed, you could possibly make help guides on these fourms. I would certainly have a little look! 

• Brohoof 1

Do you know how to use gimp? I tried and failed, you could possibly make help guides on these fourms. I would certainly have a little look! 

Well I've learned pretty well on how to use GIMP yeah. I know a good bit of things about it, thing is using GIMP to draw stuff isn't terribly hard to me, idk maybe its harder to others for one reason or another :P.

I could make a guide on the forums, however there is probably alot of others who are overall better at explaining things who've already made them.

Maybe I've just used it so that I just don't find it complicated :P.

What exactly do you need to know? Or what would I put in such a guide anyways?

• Brohoof 1

GIMP all the way for me. I don't really use it to draw. I draw the sketch of the art, then scan it to the computer, and then I use GIMP to color it. 

Thats really clever! I like the way you are thinking scanning is a great way to draw and I may take it up because I have a scanner!

I use Art Rage for tracing and coloring.  Depending on what I'm doing, I use Photo Shop or Manga Studio for compositing. Otherwise, all my drawings start out as pencil on paper.

Wow I have never heard of 'Art Rage' before sees interesting I may go and check it out, because it seems interesting,thanks a lot!

• Brohoof 1

What programs do I use? Well, thats a tough question as I personally haven't settled into a drawing style as of yet. Firstly, I was scanning stuff into the computer. next, still scanning in but using Gimp to colour in and touch up my work. Next, paint.net, and after that, Gimp again but with my new Wacom graphics tablet tongue.png .

Currently I'm trying out Vectors. Draw the image in Gimp, then transfer to inkscape and vector it. Currently working on my first vector, surprisingly hard but hopefully I'll get better and the practice will be worth it. Speaking of inkscape, it is very popular with vector artists, so you may want to consider adding it to your poll.

By the way, I voted Gimp as I've used that the most overall.

What programs do I use? Well, thats a tough question as I personally haven't settled into a drawing style as of yet. Firstly, I was scanning stuff into the computer. next, still scanning in but using Gimp to colour in and touch up my work. Next, paint.net, and after that, Gimp again but with my new Wacom graphics tablet tongue.png .

Currently I'm trying out Vectors. Draw the image in Gimp, then transfer to inkscape and vector it. Currently working on my first vector, surprisingly hard but hopefully I'll get better and the practice will be worth it. Speaking of inkscape, it is very popular with vector artists, so you may want to consider adding it to your poll.

By the way, I voted Gimp as I've used that the most overall.

Inskape seems cool I may have a little look, I will add that to my poll thanks, and it is nice to see the evolution of you drawing skills on different tools!  

• Brohoof 1

Given an enormous range of plug-ins installed, I find Paint.NET to be a really efficient, effective and detailed image manipulator. My signature was created using it (given it's a bit simple, but I've made some nice gradient backgrounds).

It also makes reaction images a cinch - just get the Outline Object plugin, and make some white Impact text. Bam, meme font. :D

Given an enormous range of plug-ins installed, I find Paint.NET to be a really efficient, effective and detailed image manipulator. My signature was created using it (given it's a bit simple, but I've made some nice gradient backgrounds).

It also makes reaction images a cinch - just get the Outline Object plugin, and make some white Impact text. Bam, meme font. biggrin.png

I totally agree, I use paint.net for everything art on my Laptop I find it easy and quicker than the rest and its free what is rather helpful! 

Wow I have never heard of 'Art Rage' before sees interesting I may go and check it out, because it seems interesting,thanks a lot!

Art Rage has a very clean and easy to use interface (for me); it means I spend less time futsing with software and more time  getting things done.

• Brohoof 2

I use Gimp for everything, since it's free and well supported. If you want to learn how to use it, there are tons of guides online.

I've downloaded Inkscape, but I haven't used it that much yet.

Edited by Iridian
  • Brohoof 1

I use Paint Tool Sai for pretty much everything right now. It's cheap and easy to use. I am planning to get more programs for drawing, like Manga Studio and Photoshop, but I just can't afford them right now.

• Brohoof 1

For drawing, I either use a pencil and paper or my tablet. I much prefer a pencil and paper, because I can never figure out how to make the damn tablet work for me. However, since I don't have a scanner, I'm basically stuck with the tablet if I want to put my art on the internet. The program I use with my tablet is the one that came with it: Corel Painter Essentials 4.

For signatures and avatars, I use a program called Paint Shop Pro 7. It's actually rather old by now, but it still works. It's really easy to use and gets all my basic graphic art needs met. My only problem with it is that you can't save something with the layers separate. I've lost a lot of projects that way...

Edited by Clover Heart

I use Paint Tool Sai for pretty much everything right now. It's cheap and easy to use. I am planning to get more programs for drawing, like Manga Studio and Photoshop, but I just can't afford them right now.

I have never heard of 'paint tool sai' I may have a little look! Because if its cheap and easy to use I always have a little look. (I cannot help myself!)

• 5 years later...

I always prefer to use traditional art methods. But if I'm making an avatar I usually draw it with pencil and paper first and then scan it into the computer where I go over it in Adobe PhotoDeluxe. It's the only art program I can understand. 

• Brohoof 2