Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Princess Twilicorn almost takes me back to Mass Effect 3's ending

Commander_PonyShep

What both Magical Mystery Cure's ending and Mass Effect 3's original cut ending had in common, was that they were vague, confusing, plot-twist driven conclusions, and the audience have to wait several months to get more closure.

But at the very least, Mass Effect 3's ending was fixed with the Extended Cut ending, thanks in part to the whining, tantruming fanboys who would keep gaming from becoming an art-form, just to receive closure to one of their favorite franchises.  However, right now I still have to wait until this Winter to receive closure to Magical Mystery Cure's ending, just to see if Twilight will still be with her friends, or outlive them, or turn back into a unicorn after learning how much of a living Hell her life as a princess became, and how far the royal lifestyle separated her from her friends.  And to me, that's unsatisfying.

Sure, I still have the comics and those Funrise plush-dolls.  Plus, there are new seasons of other Hub shows to look forward to, like Transformers Prime: Beast Hunters.  But look at me man!  I'm F-ing impatient over here, and angry over seeing Twilight become vastly superior to her friends, as opposed to equal to them like the old days!angry.png  Seriously, My Little Pony is not Dragon Ball Z or Bleach; you can't have a show promote friendship, only to turn around and make the main-protagonist a soloing Mary Sue, while her own friends are left to either do nothing or even die!

I don't know anything about Mass Effect 3 so I'm not going to talk about that in my response.

My first question is what was so "confusing" about Magical Mystery Cure's ending? Sure, it did give us a lot of questions, but what we did get was pretty simple. Twilight became a princess. Most likely the princess of friendship because that's what she has been learning about throughout the entire series.

I don't think that they should "fix" anything just to satisfy the whining fans. The whining fans should learn that they can't have everything they want. 

Twilight will still be with her friends.

Whether she will outlive them or not is debatable headcanon and will never be brought up in the show. So you're waiting for something that will never happen. My headcanon is that only Celestia and Luna are immortal, and Twilight and Cadence are lower level alicorns. 

And she's not turning back into a unicorn. That would just be weak. 

And how do you know that her life has become a living hell? Have you traveled to the future and seen Season 4?

Stop it with this "Twilight is vastly superior to her friends" because she's not. Just because she has a higher social status than them, doesn't make her better. She has flaws just like her friends do.

And stop tossing the term "mary-sue" at everything that you don't like. Mary-Sue has so many meanings that you could label any character from anything as a mary-sue.

What both Magical Mystery Cure's ending and Mass Effect 3's original cut ending had in common, was that they were vague, confusing, plot-twist driven conclusions, and the audience have to wait several months to get more closure.

I don't get what everyone finds so confusing about Magical Mystery Cure.  Twilight has "graduated" from her current level of studies and is now going to take a different path.  Most episodes are slice of life style so the major plot driving ones can seem out of place sometimes.  Usually these types of episodes are two-parters and this one needed to be.  The pacing was off, but enough is there as needs to be to make minimum sense.  Remember: MLP doesn't make total sense in the first place when you think about it that hard.  Put away the microscope and enjoy the ponies.

But at the very least, Mass Effect 3's ending was fixed with the Extended Cut ending, thanks in part to the whining, tantruming fanboys who would keep gaming from becoming an art-form, just to receive closure to one of their favorite franchises.  However, right now I still have to wait until this Winter to receive closure to Magical Mystery Cure's ending, just to see if Twilight will still be with her friends, or outlive them, or turn back into a unicorn after learning how much of a living Hell her life as a princess became, and how far the royal lifestyle separated her from her friends.  And to me, that's unsatisfying.

Your comparison is not very good and you're trying to have it both ways.  You're alluding that the bronies who threw a hissy fit over Princess Twilight are NOT whining fanboys, but the gamers who spent hundreds of dollars and invested hundreds of hours of time, who were promised something (THAT THEY PAID FOR) that they did not get, are just whiners.  Also, the ending was not changed, it was extended and still has massive plot problems and is a giant let down.  Just because the industry controlled gaming media rushed to Bioware's defense, doesn't make it true that the fans are jerks.  And gaming is an art form, nobody is trying to stop that, nobody can, because it already has been one.  Artistic license and bad writing are two hugely different things.  See the Star Wars prequels for an example.  And, do you really think that the FiM team is going to go with a story arc that ruins the lives of Twilight and her friends?  All we know is that Twilight has gone to the next level, things are going to change and tune in this winter to see how.

Sure, I still have the comics and those Funrise plush-dolls. Plus, there are new seasons of other Hub shows to look forward to, like Transformers Prime: Beast Hunters. But look at me man! I'm F-ing impatient over here, and angry over seeing Twilight become vastly superior to her friends, as opposed to equal to them like the old days!angry.png Seriously, My Little Pony is not Dragon Ball Z or Bleach; you can't have a show promote friendship, only to turn around and make the main-protagonist a soloing Mary Sue, while her own friends are left to either do nothing or even die!

My Little Shinigami: Shounen is Magic would be AWESOME!

But like I said before, nobody will be left behind, nobody will be left to die, that's not what the show is about and there is no way the actual writing team will do this.  Also, what's wrong with a mild Mary Sue?  Most characters in most stories are to a certain extent, which is why I hate how the term has expanded to basically include all fictional characters and is thrown around constantly.  Twilight isn't soloing Cell or anything, just because she's an alicorn now.  Celestia, the deus ex equus (god in the horse :lol: ) couldn't even defeat, well, basically anyone on her own.  Even in flashbacks she only defeated old enemies with her sister and the elements of harmony.  If even Celestia needs help to do stuff, then Twilight, who is nowhere near as powerful, needs all of her friends.  So, I wouldn't worry about any of your concerns coming true.

Hopefully this didn't come across as hostile, not intended to be.  Don't worry so much about season 4 it'll be great!

The wait...

Oh god...

I can't take the suspense...

Having to wait for almost a whole year is basically the worst part. I feel like I've just been given a swift kick in the crotch when they decide to give us the longest wait between seasons they've done so far right after an ending so painful, it leaves you in so much suspense wondering what is going to happen next.

I'm trying my best to withstand it, though. I can't just leave the fandom just because of something like this, can I? Especially when I know there are plenty others who feel the same way.

Sure, I still have the comics and those Funrise plush-dolls.  Plus, there are new seasons of other Hub shows to look forward to, like Transformers Prime: Beast Hunters.  But look at me man!  I'm F-ing impatient over here, and angry over seeing Twilight become vastly superior to her friends, as opposed to equal to them like the old days!img-1319949-1-angry.png  Seriously, My Little Pony is not Dragon Ball Z or Bleach; you can't have a show promote friendship, only to turn around and make the main-protagonist a soloing Mary Sue, while her own friends are left to either do nothing or even die!

I thought most people were upset with Mass Effect 3 because they felt their decisions didn't matter much in the end. That's the exact same problem I have with the MLP season 3 finale.

---

Sure, you can have one seriously powerful character surrounded by weaker friends. Batman has Robin, Superman has Lois, Hercules had his wife that he accidentally killed, Gilgamesh (1/3 god) had Enkidu, the X-Men have loads of normal friends we never hear about, Master Chief has cannon-fodder... Hmm, maybe you have a point. No one really cares about Robin or the sidekicks.

I saw this title thread in the "Hot Topics" on the front page, and just say "Princess Twilight Almost Takes Me Back To Mass", and I thought, Holy sh--, someone actually was spiritually moved by Twilicorn?! The hell!?

Now that I understand, I'm going to have to say I see some similarities, but still. I wasn't too upset over Twilicorn, I'm actually quite eager to see what Hasbro does with it.

I thought most people were upset with Mass Effect 3 because they felt their decisions didn't matter much in the end. That's the exact same problem I have with the MLP season 3 finale.

---

Sure, you can have one seriously powerful character surrounded by weaker friends. Batman has Robin, Superman has Lois, Hercules had his wife that he accidentally killed, Gilgamesh (1/3 god) had Enkidu, the X-Men have loads of normal friends we never hear about, Master Chief has cannon-fodder... Hmm, maybe you have a point. No one really cares about Robin or the sidekicks.

First of all, Nightwing will forever hold a special place in my heart.

Secondly, there are plenty of characters with weaker friends who still get plenty of attention. Hell, Roran from the Inheritance trilogy gets an insane amount of love, despite being much less powerful than his brother.

(edited)

Sure, I still have the comics and those Funrise plush-dolls.  Plus, there are new seasons of other Hub shows to look forward to, like Transformers Prime: Beast Hunters.  But look at me man!  I'm F-ing impatient over here, and angry over seeing Twilight become vastly superior to her friends, as opposed to equal to them like the old days!img-1319949-1-angry.png  Seriously, My Little Pony is not Dragon Ball Z or Bleach; you can't have a show promote friendship, only to turn around and make the main-protagonist a soloing Mary Sue, while her own friends are left to either do nothing or even die!

Oh my god. Its shit nobody cares about.

Seriously, why are you still complaining about Twilight Sparkle being an alicorn. How do you know if her life is going to be a living hell. Do you have Discord with you?

Personally, I find you making a fuss over Twilight Sparkle being an alicorn. She will never turn back into an unicorn, it really all depends on Hasbro's decision. And do you really have a hard time adjusting to a change within a character.

I'm pretty sure its only physical change, not psychological change or anything. She will be the same old Twilight Sparkle. Just a little bit larger than her previous self and wings. I don't see anything wrong with that.

And she doesn't need to rely on her friends all the time.

So, don't jump to conclusions. We have only seen Princess Twilight Sparkle for a few minutes. It hasn't been explained a lot yet, and for that season gap, I don't know. The gap between Season 2 and Season 3 was pretty long too.

I'm trying to keep my patience but your whining and complaining had almost just sent me over to the edge. So, yes, nobody fucking cares because its only a few minutes of her being an alicorn.

We'll just have to wait for Season 4.

Edit: Oh, and its a G-rated show, I'm pretty sure that he show's team will not have Twilight Sparkle outliving her friends. After all, we usually forget most of our friends from school when we get older.

Edited by Yesfan90125

First of all, Nightwing will forever hold a special place in my heart.

Secondly, there are plenty of characters with weaker friends who still get plenty of attention. Hell, Roran from the Inheritance trilogy gets an insane amount of love, despite being much less powerful than his brother.

I had no idea about Nightwing and quickly looked that up, lol. I'm glad they did something with Robin. I've never read the Inheritance trilogy, either. Hmm, these may be good examples of sidekicks/lesser characters growing on their own.

I really don't want AJ, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, and Rarity to be treated as side kicks, or worse, forgotten. Even worse would be if Twilight stayed in Ponyville and nothing changed, making her physical changes and new title/political powers/powers for naught.