Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How to make a fanfiction famous?

Sir.Flutter Hooves

Hello and bro hoof to all!

I have one question, I see all these fanfiction with like 5,000 views and my old fanfiction only has 191. Is there anyway you can make a fanficition more famous? 

Any help would be great!  http://www.fimfictio...-fallen-student

/)

Edited by Sir.Derpington Hooves
  • Brohoof 1

Idk, I don't think theres much of a secret I imagine, I've yet to write any fanfics(Yet) but by my assumptions really its a combination of stuff like how much exposure you get, how well its wrote, maybe even some chance along with other things I'm sure.

I don't think theres a secret trick to it really.

• Brohoof 1

You just have to have a good story. Some of the most famous fics aren't even on FiMFiction (Fallout Equestria, namely) anyway!

Just keep publishing and get your name out there. Show interest in other writers' works and they will show interest in yours!

• Brohoof 1

To be famous?  You shouldn't be worrying about that.  If you write a genuinely good story, you'll have people looking at it.  I always try my best to take my time writing my stuff.  So far, my main story has a main view of 2,948 with an overall view of 14,627.  I'm happy that people enjoy my work, and I continue writing since it's fun for me and helps improve my own literary skills. 

If it's a good story, it will find it's way around. It's as simple as that. There is no secret formula or anything like that. Quality writing, good storytelling and creativity will get your story noticed. 

If a story is poorly written or has been done to death, it will rarely get popular. 

Don't try to make it famous. Just do the best you can possibly can do and if it is good, people will discover it. Like Bearsie said, try sharing it with friends. Or ask for a review on it. Or you can ask for a proofreader in a new topic and people will see it when they proofread it.

To make FanFiction famous you only need a few things...

Great grammar...

Great Story....

Believable Characters...

And alot of luck....

If you have those then your fanfic is sure to get some heads turning :)

I would say start with good quality. That is what will keep people wanting to read and willing to share your fic. I'd also say after that, putting yourself out there a little helps get people to read it. Maybe post it on a couple of sites for fanfics. 

dont worry about it, just write a good story. I know what its like to feel like your writing is not getting noticed. i have wrote many stories and posted them on various websites, and many of them do not get popular. I know this sounds corny as hell but you have to write from your heart. I write because i enjoy it and if it gets famous, that's a bonus.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Simply try your best to write something good. If you focus on writing something people will actually want to read, then everything else should just take care of itself.

On that same note, get yourself heard. Once you've written a story, show a few people. Bring up a thread and ask what other's think of it, where it is outstanding, and where it can be improved.

Even before making it public, see if some people would be willing to read through and edit your work, helping to remove errors and suggest places to alter positively.

Edited by Akoura

Here's some tips to get you famous:

1. Have a great plot; No one wants to read something that has been done to death, almost as a cliche. Nor anyone wants something with a poorly planned plot. I'm not talking about that other thing you perv.

2. Have good spelling and grammar; It makes it more readable and its easier to read.

3. Have an original idea; more readers will be interested in something that has been rarely or never done before.

And that's about it. But don't worry about being famous. Just write some good quality fanfic and post it on a archive for fanfiction. You can't be famous on the first fanfic. Just get a small fanbase and start it from there.

And that's about it. But don't worry about being famous. Just write some good quality fanfic and post it on a archive for fanfiction. You can't be famous on the first fanfic. Just get a small fanbase and start it from there.

Thank you. I can tell you how much this helped. I wanted to be famous on the first, but your advice about getting a small fanbase is correct. Thanks so much!

/)

Make it horrible. That's what I did to my FIMfic!

In all seriousness, just share it to other friends, and they will share it to theirs. IT WILL BE A PLAUGE!

Actually, that could work. Many poorly written stories have many hits and reviews. People seem to like reading stuff that's crap. LOL 

• Brohoof 1

I don't write stories anymore since I seem to lack something to make them good. The best story I have is also the only MLP story I've written (and submitted to this forum), Frozen Heart. I call it my best because of the stats in FIMfiction.net. It has no dislikes at all after over 520 views. That's pretty much success in that sense. However I'm also disappointed that it's not good enough to be submitted to Equestria Daily. The problems it apparently has would force me to change the entire story completely.

So yeah... there's no real way to make a fanfiction famous except what others have already said already. FIMfiction.net is a good place to see how your story fares. If it gets a good amount of views like 100 and no dislikes, you can consider it a success IMO. And even if you get a dislike, there's no telling if it's real or just a troll that dislikes everything. Same with comments.

I don't know if what I said makes sense but I've said what wanted to.