General Chat Thread

Apple      Bloom

Say, can an OC that looks like this be good at roleplaying?

pVAmK.jpg

Yours is a unicorn, as simple as that U44KB.png

Oh, and because he's pretty much the only 'artist'?

Uh... So you don't have any doubt in my RPing? 3lnNF.png

I was just matching shit up based on your OCs n3WKz.png

Arcanel have to be more stoic if he would be the AJ, and more crazy to be the Pinkie

That thing reminds me of Moliere from the movie of Atlantis: The Lost Empire for some reason. ^_^

And to be fair Star, you definitely have experience so...you'd probably do much better than we do or hell, maybe even better than Berry. Who knows. :)

And dude, if anything, pair me up as Fluttershy. Arcanel isn't enough of a bragger to be RD. :lol:

Well, I can't promise you anything, but I whenever I write, I write when I feel inspired and ready to roll with the brainstorming. When it stops being me, I stop writing. :)

Then write, write all you can. Be the best 'you' you can be.

Uh... So you don't have any doubt in my RPing? 

Just try your best and never look back.

Just try your best and never look back.

That doesn't sound very inspiring :V

I dunno. Lapis will force himself to the fore though. He's smart you know.

But don't make him charge headlong into something C4uV9.png

Well, maybe, but she will certainly not be in Ponyville

We already have a something like Dusky on board, I won't say it's impossible to drag her in :x

I don't understand.

Me neither n3WKz.png

Magicon... For the entire RP, I got to see him as the cocky wizard type that always tries to challenge everything that even remotely magical. I rather doubt he could fare well in front of something sanity-challenging :x

And to be fair Star, you definitely have experience so...you'd probably do much better than we do or hell, maybe even better than Berry. Who knows.

Roleplaying capabilities can't really be measured by how long one roleplays. it all depends on how well someone can adapt to whatever happened in the way. My earlier roleplaying (before this site) was all about chaos, there is no plotlines or real antagonist, so I'm kinda insecure if there is a fixed goal somewhere C4uV9.png

• Brohoof 2

I used up my creativity explaining the ins and outs of Lapis Lazuli Ore.

But don't make him charge headlong into something

He'll be careful. Like I said, this won't be the first time he's faced unknown foes.

Magicon... For the entire RP, I got to see him as the cocky wizard type that always tries to challenge everything that even remotely magical. I rather doubt he could fare well in front of something sanity-challenging :x

I shall use logic and reason to penetrate his defenses. 

Roleplaying capabilities can't really be measured by how long one roleplays. it all depends on how well someone can adapt to whatever happened in the way. My earlier roleplaying (before this site) was all about chaos, there is no plotlines or real antagonist, so I'm kinda insecure if there is a fixed goal somewhere

I have no idea how well I can roleplay.

Also, be sure to read the latest posts in both the RP and the OOC.

• Brohoof 2

@Jadefire, @Arcanel, :

Just imagine the ramifications if there were a GCT band...

It'd probably be like the blob that Ganny, Bolty, Vissy, and Synthy got themselves into... Except a lot louder and with molten metal this time.

can i be the padded princess mascot of the band? please?

Yes, thats actually very freaking good.

i misspoke; i meant to say, covered it, not remixing it. the only remix i made of the song was changing one or two parts of the song. took some time to find the right notes to play in the right places (since i can't tell what note is what), but eventually i got it down.

as a musically inclined friend of mine said to me a long-ass time ago, there's not a lot of need to learn music theory if what you're going to make is something out of your own niche and you don't deem it worthy to learn it.

more classically trained musicians might argue on that one, but hey, i'm doing pretty well without any theoretical knowledge and have produced a 12 minute song with only knowing pitch bending and octaves on a keyboard. i think i'm all set in that regard.

right?

• Brohoof 1

http://mlpforums.com/topic/42324-rainbow-dash-is-my-new-favorite/page-2#entry1005323

Well... That's an overreacting if I know one DrVv5.png

I shall use logic and reason to penetrate his defenses.

7lGum.jpg

I have no idea how well I can roleplay.

You just forced a DM to reveal more of his secrets, that's a great point to me! H66x8.png

>that latest post by you

And by the dark gods... Scootacool is damn sneaky o_o

Edited by Starshine
  • Brohoof 2

How about this?

You can do your best. And even if your best isn't good enough, it will still be good. Why? Because it was your bst effort, and that alone counts for something. None of us will start booing you for sure. And besides, this is not your test. It is mine and Haven's for the most part. The point is to enjoy the ride. If you can do that and feel that the others are, you'll be fine. :)

Then write, write all you can. Be the best 'you' you can be.

AYE AYE! :mellow: 

Roleplaying capabilities can't really be measured by how long one roleplays. it all depends on how well someone can adapt to whatever happened in the way. My earlier roleplaying (before this site) was all about chaos, there is no plotlines or real antagonist, so I'm kinda insecure if there is a fixed goal somewhere

Eh, I can imagine you with lots of imagination so, nah, I don't think you'll do bad Star, don't worry. If Berry himself trusts you, put faith in that trust you know? :)

• Brohoof 2

You just forced a DM to reveal more of his secrets, that's a great point to me!
Do you think that if I hadn't pushed from inside the roleplay, that information would have remained secret? Cause I can't believe it was me that got him to tip his hand. It's somewhat mindbogglingly strange to think that I unlocked an extended cut-scene.  

If Berry himself trusts you, put faith in that trust you know? :)

I'm not some sort of master of roleplaying. But if you really think that i know what I'm doing, I'll just go along with it. Roleplaying is 50% planning, 50% making it up as you go along.

• Brohoof 2

145342__safe_fluttershy_team-fortress-2_

You can do your best. And even if your best isn't good enough, it will still be good. Why? Because it was your best effort, and that alone counts for something.

The best effort ain't means anything if the effort is non-existent lEJ9q.png

Nay, don't worry to much about it! If it necessary, I will write a more suitable OC to go with the adventures.

Eh, I can imagine you with lots of imagination so, nah, I don't think you'll do bad Star, don't worry. If Berry himself trusts you, put faith in that trust you know?

>Believe in someone that believes in you

tumblr_l65uq7WO9d1qa9564.png

ZlCHy.png

Do you think that if I hadn't pushed from inside the roleplay, that information would have remained secret? Cause I can't believe it was me that got him to tip his hand. It's somewhat mindbogglingly strange to think that I unlocked an extended cut-scene.

Welp, he's here! o_o

Maybe because we discussed about it too much in here?

• Brohoof 2

I'm not some sort of master of roleplaying. But if you really think that i know what I'm doing, I'll just go along with it. Roleplaying is 50% planning, 50% making it up as you go along.

I'm not saying you're a master, but you're definitely good. You know how to blend and recognize the situation of the RP with your characters and know how to adapt. To me, that is being a good roleplayer. :)

i had to.

attachicon.gifsexy viscra.png

Only in this case, it's quite true. B)

Edited by Arcanel
  • Brohoof 2

Welp, he's here! o_o

Maybe because we discussed about it too much in here?

I noticed. I hope he read it all. I'd love to hear his input.

The best effort ain't means anything if the effort is non-existent lEJ9q.png

Nay, don't worry to much about it! If it necessary, I will write a more suitable OC to go with the adventures.

>Believe in someone that believes in you

tumblr_l65uq7WO9d1qa9564.png

ZlCHy.png

...can we just agree we'll all do our best effort and be done with it? ^_^

And I also fail to see the joke...

You know how to blend and recognize the situation of the RP with your characters and know how to adapt. To me, that is being a good roleplayer.
True enough. Now if only I could use those skills in other roleplays. Honestly, I can't focus on standard ones anymore... 

whaddya mean, only in this case? :c

Well, I never saw the guy/girl who sings that song or whatever, but whoever he/she may be, he/she ain't gonna beat Viscra, that's for sure.

• Brohoof 1

True enough. Now if only I could use those skills in other roleplays. Honestly, I can't focus on standard ones anymore... 

Well, maybe you developed your skills better in a more specific type of RP, which doesn't make you bad the others.

No fun :V

You need to watch more anime.

...OH FOR LUNA'S SAKE YOU KNOW WHAT I MEANT! :P

Anyway, guys, I gotta go to sleep. Now. The sun is coming out and the birds are singing. That's a good enough sign that I have to go to sleep NOW! Goodnight everypony! :)

• Brohoof 2

Well, maybe you developed your skills better in a more specific type of RP, which doesn't make you bad the others.
Eh, the GCT RP shall be a standard one. i'm out of practice is all. I had taken on too many RPs a few months ago, and decided to take a break. But then Scootacool open up another Advanced RP, and I had to try. Last time, I quit before I even posted out of fear. But as you can plainly see, I have no problems with Advanced. I just need to reacquaint myself with Standard. And our roleplay shall put me on the right path. 
  • Brohoof 2

And woah wait what? Could I even join the RP even if I wanted to?

Oh yeah... Dude... If you want in, then I'm going to roll out the red carpet with my teeth. :D

I would like nothing more than going in, but I don't want to go kamikaze...yet.

It's not so bad. Something Interesting is my brother and he made his first post today. He has never RPed. Never. But... He can read and write. Here's my thinking on this... If you can read up in this RP, then you are equipped to join. 

@@Starshine, That means you too ;)

Except whatever Ambrosia is doing right now, that mare is weird.

Her behavior is a bit different around Dusky because she knows things about him that nopony else knows except for Dusky himself. Unfortunately, she is of only just slightly above average intelligence. She doesn't really know how to put together the pieces that she knows and figure Dusky out.

Not only that, but she is also a bit under the weather at the moment. To put it mildly, she is in way over her head and it concerns her greatly. When she worries, she may do something dumb.

If it's possible, seeing Asteria on the train with Lapis would affect the entire RP to Lapis' side

Actually, having Asteria onboard would change the entire chemistry of the RP. The downside is that she would be in fairly intense danger.

>that latest post by you

And by the dark gods... Scootacool is damn sneaky o_o

Not me... Dusky... I just write for the characters... But, they do their own scheming. Good thing too, because Dusky is like a rolling monolith of schemes. He isn't really concerned by Lapis's notes. In fact, he rather wants them to be shown, but not yet. He has some things to talk about first.

One thing to understand... Dusky is a fan of the Xanatos Gambit. Another thing to understand is that he is Lawful Evil. He understands the tradeoff between power and subtlety  He has plans that are much larger than any one pony... These plans may or may not be shared in the morningtime. He wants ponies to know... But at his pacing.

• Brohoof 1