Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

General Chat Thread

Apple      Bloom

Why Berry...why did you have to give such an idea, that my OC could actually help with, at least in essence...? 
But I decided on stowing her aboard the train. She was there the whole time....

Is there anything I can actually help expand by this moment?
Well, if you don't think you have to.
I almost expected us in one of those connections being how we are both the nice guys, in theory.
Yes, that is a very good idea. 

Because you seem to fit well with every other group, I called you a wildcard because you could, in theory, fit in with anything.

Just avoid Viscra..

Ah. That's...great! :D

And what do you think I've been doing? I love Viscra to death, but I'm NOT getting my bottom touched or with something that shouldn't really belong there, nor that is prefered.

For some reason I like to keep lots of things in my Google Drive- things like copyright laws, quotes, random NSFW stuff, .pdf's of books (only those that are public domain), the full chemical name of Titin, my personal thoughts on many taboo subjects, lists of commonly misspelled words, philosophy, favorite fimfiction, my own fimfiction, advanced mathematical equations, summary of documents, results from scans of sites and downloads, comparisons of Call of Duty and Skrillex, the meaning of life, random site URL's, stuff on the online disinhibition effect, etc.. The list go's on finitely.

• Brohoof 2

Controversy on the SoF? Ok, here's the 'edited' version...

8 reasons why SoF needs to be removed

1. The SoF promotes impulse buying

With all of the promotions surrounding it, the shiny rewards, and the small time limits telling you to BUY BUY BUY, the SoF is a prime example of a system designed on impulse purchases. Training people to respond to such stimuli is only weakening their wills and leaving them more susceptible to similar advertising in the future.

2. The SoF causes more inflation

The SoF pumps money into the RS economy and takes none out, and therefore is a cause of inflation. Inflation destroys the RS economy and devalues money and items.

3. SoF dosen't guarantee proper distribution of items

As many people have found out with various limited time items, getting items on the SoF is in no way a guaranteed thing. As a game of chance, the SoF is a terrible system for the distribution of limited time items, as there's a fairly large chance people may never get one.

4. SoF opens the possibility of other microtransactions

Do you like paying more for RS? Well, with the SoF as precedent, you might have to in the future! Jagex could very well be inoculating us for future purchases. We may end up having to pay for weapons, armor, quests, skills, and other content.

5. The SoF wastes Jagex's time

Sure they could be making a new quest or designing a new boss, but bringing you the SoF takes up a good chunk of their time, and content that we actualy would enjoy seeing is going to be held off.

6. You're being tricked

You know that cute little animation that shows you getting oh so close to that 200m prize? It's a trick! The real prize was predetermined; the animation is cleverly designed to make you think you were *that* close to a big win! It's messing with your head, the animation means nothing.

7. SoF devalues work

SoF has caused skills to lose their "wow" perspective, with SoF you can train by getting a job and buying spins. Consider the following: You can get 4,000,000 Exp/Hour by just spinning. While the difference from Runespan to ZMI was 80k/h at max. People complained that Runespan devalued RuneCrafting, but look at how much more SoF devalues it.

8. SoF promotes gambling

“Gambling is the wagering of money or something of material value on an event with an uncertain outcome with the primary intent of winning additional money and/or material goods. Typically, the outcome of the wager is evident within a short period.” Jagex argues how SoF is not illegal gambling- but how about if it promotes gambling? One symptom of ludomania is preoccupation, so if you are having frequent thoughts about gambling experiences, whether past, future, or fantasy. So by playing SoF you may be more inclined to have a gambling problem.

Just removed some of the "**** Jagex" stuff.

This is obviously the "it needs to be removed" side. The other side as valid arguments to.

Thank you. Thank you. I never heard most of those, besides number 6, which, I'm well aware of.

But, yeah, I see why its looked at as a bad thing. I don't blame them. I've wanted to (and still do >.>) buy spins for stuff. Like that BA Tzhaar Whip....

Fuck, they've already got me. :|

It's best not to question his methods...

It's all relative to what I'm seeing, and what I'm seeing is a lot of blurry spots... That is, if I either don't have my glasses or if they're all smudged up.

I love Viscra to death, but I'm NOT getting my bottom touched or with something that shouldn't really belong there, nor that is prefered.

See above.

Scratch that; This is why you need to get a shield for your bum.

-----

In fact, this is all relative to my viewpoint; So, @Arcanel, and , if you had the power to group the memebers of the GCT into specific groups, what would they be?

It is at this point that I now give you that power, and leave you with the list of "collectives" that I've seen thus far:

People with common interests, or people that I've seen as being one entity.

For example: You (Gone Airbourne) and Haven live ridiculously close to each other, right?

Haven and I play or have played Runescape at least once this year.

Viscra and myself... I think you know... (Shield your bottoms, and I'll shield my own...)

Berry and Scoot... RP gawk...?

Arcanel's the wildcard here...

Bolty and Jade, they kinda go together with me.

I've seen Jinx, Bluetrace, and Molestia as being one entity for the longest time, and it was just now that I was able to separate them...

Nightfall, I used to associate with Berry...

Jaybee,... He's more of the victim here...

ds8? Haven't seen him...

Motion Spark? Haven't seen him, either...

Mandy? I honestly don't know where'd she fit in...

One? Well, that's easy; He's by himself. (No, not really...)

I think this one came out a bit better.

Howdy.

It's best not to question his methods...

You know, now you're avvi looks totes better. And your sig is also classy as hell. I approve.

Hi Trace! And meh, I never question anyone's methods but my own. ^_^

But I decided on stowing her aboard the train. She was there the whole time....

Well, if you don't think you have to.

Yes, that is a very good idea. 

I know. The reason I said that was, that since Arc is a mailpony, he could have made a delivery of a letter from Asteria to Lapis, to be delivered at Los Pegasus. Since he'd also land in Ponyville, he'd get a chance to maybe see Lapis. And since Arcy also tends to think out loud, Lapis might hear his name and see what's the thing about. While Arcy wouldn't trust initially someone calling himself Lapis Lazuli so casually, same pony CAN prove that he's THAT Lapis Lazuli, or maybe Arc had a description. And as a plus, After reading the letter (which would have been made by you, of course), his mind would start deviating more to Asteria within the train. Since a great connection of he to Dusky had somehow happened through Asteria, maybe that would cause more nostalgia from both ponies, maybe effectively engaging on more conversation.

And Berry, WHEN have I ever analyzed something out of need? :lol: You know, I thought that there were two troubles with Asteria getting in the train. Vim...and Asteria herself.

And I'm glad you agree. :)

f you had the power to group the memebers of the GCT into specific groups, what would they be?
No thanks. I don't think I can group people. 

178379__safe_rainbow-dash_scootaloo_meta

@, What did you do to Carrot Top D:

I wanted to believe you weren't going to react like that. Good job Berry, you scared even Star.

Also, hi guys! How are y'all doing? (And by the way Star, I hope you feel better soon )

Well, it is scary VnCRQ.png

Are you still in the progress writing that?

For some reason I like to keep lots of things in my Google Drive- things like copyright laws, quotes, random NSFW stuff, .pdf's of books (only those that are public domain), the full chemical name of Titin, my personal thoughts on many taboo subjects, lists of commonly misspelled words, philosophy, favorite fimfiction, my own fimfiction, advanced mathematical equations, summary of documents, results from scans of sites and downloads, comparisons of Call of Duty and Skrillex, the meaning of life, random site URL's, stuff on the online disinhibition effect, etc.. The list go's on finitely.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1EckcFuS_fVZlbZkUUGRxDfbQ_bPJAWLQF5aXPagKOCE/edit

And 42.

Thank you. Thank you. I never heard most of those, besides number 6, which, I'm well aware of.

But, yeah, I see why its looked at as a bad thing. I don't blame them. I've wanted to (and still do >.>) buy spins for stuff. Like that BA Tzhaar Whip....

Fuck, they've already got me.

Self-control would the the key here. (I'd personally prefer the spins you get from levelling up and random stuff like that...)

-----

Scratch the link; It was this one: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_gf2y6tSgFavB5DxbqkSAmmsOMUGJSegJwNpgnGTb1w/edit

Edited by Ganaram_Bloodrune

I really want to hear/read this...

It's actualy very short and mostly pointless...

"CoD is the Skrillex of the FPS market-

Everyone knows about it, it's overated, and the outcome is low quality stuff that the 'Sheep' fanbase praise's and put on a pedestal."

Never got to writing more.

• Brohoof 1

I know. The reason I said that was, that since Arc is a mailpony, he could have made a delivery of a letter from Asteria to Lapis, to be delivered at Los Pegasus. Since he'd also land in Ponyville, he'd get a chance to maybe see Lapis. And since Arcy also tends to think out loud, Lapis might hear his name and see what's the thing about. While Arcy wouldn't trust initially someone calling himself Lapis Lazuli so casually, same pony CAN prove that he's THAT Lapis Lazuli, or maybe Arc had a description. And as a plus, After reading the letter (which would have been made by you, of course), his mind would start deviating more to Asteria within the train. Since a great connection of he to Dusky had somehow happened through Asteria, maybe that would cause more nostalgia from both ponies, maybe effectively engaging on more conversation.

And Berry, WHEN have I ever analyzed something out of need?  You know, I thought that there were two troubles with Asteria getting in the train. Vim...and Asteria herself.

That all sounds far too complicated...

I don't know, you just do it. And Vim will gladly allow Asteria to stay. There ARE unoccupied rooms.

It's actualy very short and mostly pointless...

"CoD is the Skrillex of the FPS market-

Everyone knows about it, it's overated, and the outcome is low quality stuff that the 'Sheep' fanbase praise's and put on a pedestal."

Never got to writing more.

Well, at least you hit the nail on the head with that one.

For both parties.

It's all relative to what I'm seeing, and what I'm seeing is a lot of blurry spots... That is, if I either don't have my glasses or if they're all smudged up.

Sense this does not make.

In fact, this is all relative to my viewpoint; So, @Arcanel, and , if you had the power to group the memebers of the GCT into specific groups, what would they be?

No thanks. I don't think I can group people.

Yeah, that. I still don't see how you "grouped" us in the first place. We're all so very different...

You know, now you're avvi looks totes better. And your sig is also classy as hell. I approve.

Hi Trace! And meh, I never question anyone's methods but my own. ^_^

Really? Thanks.

That's probably a good philosophy to hold.

@, What did you do to Carrot Top D:

Cupcakes.

I wanted to match. I also wanted to keep the mau5 theme going, so I decided to go mau5/mau5 instead of Carrot/Carrot.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1EckcFuS_fVZlbZkUUGRxDfbQ_bPJAWLQF5aXPagKOCE/edit And 42. Self-control would the the key here. (I'd personally prefer the spins you get from levelling up and random stuff like that...)-----Scratch the link; It was this one: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_gf2y6tSgFavB5DxbqkSAmmsOMUGJSegJwNpgnGTb1w/edit
https://docs.google.com/document/d/104ha1JEWBFOq9VTlH0UaU7nsa339OPAvwSzmfaWdVjA/edit

Full chemical name of Titin. (The formatting is a little messed up, but I never got to fixing it)

Edited by One

Worth noting that I use my own Google Drive for a fair amount of stuff as well: Mod documentation, backups of posts, Gem's character bio, old stories from HTF, all of my MLP stories,...

On second thought, I should just sit and shift through what I have...

Yeah, that. I still don't see how you "grouped" us in the first place. We're all so very different...

Don't try to let MY list affect what you think of what groups you could think of, if you can think of one in the first place...

if you had the power to group the memebers of the GCT into specific groups, what would they be?

Most of what you said, except to the "stoic" group of P_M, Trace and Jinx, I'd add Libby too. Then me and Berry as we're kind of like the nice guys. Then you and One, because I think you're kind of similar in some way by your posts. Then me and Sparky because he's my hubby :3. Then Berry, JayBee, Haven, and Jonke, because siggy and avvi making abilities. Then Star and Ds8 because Lunatics. Then Libby and Trace beacuse related. Then Libby and Star because BFF's. And I think that's it.

Well, it is scary   Are you still in the progress writing that?

Yeah...but that's the point right? I say *crackles fingers* TIME TO WRITE!

And I was away from the computer almost all day, so I barely had time to do anything at all sadly. :( 

That all sounds far too complicated...   I don't know, you just do it. And Vim will gladly allow Asteria to stay. There ARE unoccupied rooms.

Yeah...I think it kind of is now that I think about it.

And it's that I'm worried about, as I read before. But suppose Lapis doesn't find Asteria, but rather Vim? First thought would be about what in the workd is the filly doing there...and of course try to look for her parents. He WOULD be worried about the safety of Asteria, and with all the crazy stuff that has happened, and that chance that they are on Ponyville for a stop...yeah, he might as well drop her there, just for her safety. Although now that I think about it, She could tell Vim about Lapis and make him the responsible one.

But then there's the thing of "Would Asteria be willing to disobey Lapis, even though it would mean being with him?" 

• Brohoof 1

Don't try to let MY list affect what you think of what groups you could think of, if you can think of one in the first place...

That's the thing though, I can't. Why can't we all just be separate?

157720__safe_meta_human_text_meme_disast

Then Libby and Star because BFF's.

I'm liking this idea lEJ9q.png

Too bad the girl in question is away

But then there's the thing of "Would Asteria be willing to disobey Lapis, even though it would mean being with him?"

Teens have a hard time weighing the good and the risk, she could easily do it if it means that she will be together with Lapis.

Everything depends on Berry Pie, though

And it's that I'm worried about, as I read before. But suppose Lapis doesn't find Asteria, but rather Vim? First thought would be about what in the workd is the filly doing there...and of course try to look for her parents. He WOULD be worried about the safety of Asteria, and with all the crazy stuff that has happened, and that chance that they are on Ponyville for a stop...yeah, he might as well drop her there, just for her safety. Although now that I think about it, She could tell Vim about Lapis and make him the responsible one.
I was told she'd find Ambrosia or Key Gear first.

She has a tendency to do what she thinks is best. She is still just a filly. Children don't always follow orders.
  • Brohoof 1

I'm liking this idea   Too bad the girl in question is away

Glad that you do. :) But I have that slight feeling that Libby would get a boot to my face anyway. ^_^

Teens have a hard time weighing the good and the risk, she could easily do it if it means that she will be together with Lapis.   Everything depends on Berry Pie, though

I know. But that's why it's so interesting to wonder. Asteria respects Lapis a LOT. We know this much. So, the potential breakdown of her wondering if getting in or not is something fic worthy IMO. :)

Also, I'm not getting your quote notifications nor Berry's...dammit!

And how is the throat and nose coming along?

Edited by Arcanel
  • Brohoof 1