Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

General Chat Thread

Apple      Bloom

I was running low on Christmas Spirit, then someone siphoned the rest of it out.

I'm currently an elephant, but I'm not in the room with all of the normal people.

Maybe you should go to the Christmas Spirit station and re-fuel?

So you're saying you're being ignored?

Aah, pretty close we are.

When I look at the address bar, it says your post is the 1,019,303rd.

Maybe we actually missed it, and the number at the bottom of the home page is wrong...

Edited by bluetrace

So...um...how did I do in the RP...? 
It was fine enough. English isn't your first language, correct? I can forgive the mistakes, and the content was not too bad. I did not become bored, so you did well in that area. It did lack in some parts, such as certain things were rushed. It lacked poetic flow. Also, that thing that your character claimed rhymed did not rhyme.

Maybe you should go to the Christmas Spirit station and re-fuel? So you're saying you're being ignored?

I'm in the middle of the whole, "This child turned out so much better than the other one did"

Of course no one's saying that, but I can feel it reverberating through the air. There's the whole breaking Christmas tradition thing, and having people here that I've never talked to before.

When I look at the address bar, it says your post is the 1,019,303rd.

Maybe we actually missed it, and the number at the bottom of the home page is wrong...

Odd, mine does as well....

I doubt the home page is wrong. I hope its not.

Either way, we still need to get it as I'm sure that is the one that will be known and remembered.

I'm in the middle of the whole, "This child turned out so much better than the other one did"

Of course no one's saying that, but I can feel it reverberating through the air. There's the whole breaking Christmas tradition thing, and having people here that I've never talked to before.

Is this about what you were talking about last night on Skype?

Eugh. You'll prove them wrong though.

Visiting with relatives/family friends is nice, but I hate having to make all that forced small-talk with people I only see a few times a year...

Odd, mine does as well....

I doubt the home page is wrong. I hope its not.

Either way, we still need to get it as I'm sure that is the one that will be known and remembered.

True, everyone is paying attention that number.

The chances are slim, but we could pull it off (I'm expecting it to be an RP post or something, since those boards seem to be the most active).

It was fine enough. English isn't your first language, correct? I can forgive the mistakes, and the content was not too bad. I did not become bored, so you did well in that area. It did lack in some parts, such as certain things were rushed. It lacked poetic flow. Also, that thing that your character claimed rhymed did not rhyme.

Well, good enough for me. :) And yes, English isn't my first language. When I posted, I didn't have enough time to preview the whole thing, so initially, it had some mistakes. Then I went back and corrected. I THINK there shouldn't be anything wrong with it now. And rushed?...Hmmm...can you tell me what exactly, for example? As for the poetic flow, that's my probably my fic writer coming up, as in some times, I couldn't help but feel I was in a fanfic, but I hope to properly differentiate the feelings with practice. And wait, doesn't "Vanhoover" and "later" make a literal rhyme in the "-er" part?

• Brohoof 2

And rushed?...Hmmm...can you tell me what exactly, for example?
You know what it is? I feel like your writing style is similar to my own, and I can't read my own writing without feeling it is always lacking something.
As for the poetic flow, that's my probably my fic writer coming up, as in some times, I couldn't help but feel I was in a fanfic, but I hope to properly differentiate the feelings with practice.
Well, the wording wasn't clever and differentiating. 
And wait, doesn't "Vanhoover" and "later" make a literal rhyme in the "-er" part?
It does not rhyme. I even asked my friend to confirm it.

To hell with these two

I would be inclined to agree with them, since I HATE pineapple, and I can't understand how it can go with pizza. :P 

Actually, yes. Yes it does.

Thank you, I was starting to get scared. :lol:

• Brohoof 1

To hell with Pineapples! How could you like that vile fruit!?

Seriously. Those things are completely and utterly horrifying beyond all belief. Their very existence on this planet is offensive to me. :(

• Brohoof 1

I would be inclined to agree with them, since I HATE pineapple, and I can't understand how it can go with pizza. :P

Thank you, I was starting to get scared. :lol:

We aren't out of the woods yet on this, Arcy.

Apparently its 2:2 on if it rhymes or not.

WE NEED OUTSIDE OPINIONS!

No.

TO HELL WITH YOU, GOOD SIR.

What the hell? It's 3 on 1 now? How is that fair?

Metrosexual Hipster Zoop, Old Member Nico, and Arcanel want to battle!

Zoop sends out Magikarp!

Nico sends out Wailord!

Arcanel sends out Abra!

Who will you choose?

Scootabloom: Go, HO-OH!

• Brohoof 3

Actually, yes. Yes it does.

No, they don't rhyme. Or at the very least, in a way you would rhyme to make something catchy and attract costumers.

You know what it is? I feel like your writing style is similar to my own, and I can't read my own writing without feeling it is always lacking something.

Well, the wording wasn't clever and differentiating. 

It does not rhyme. I even asked my friend to confirm it.

I see, and you're not alone on that aspect.

Well, I don't know what "clever and differentiating" would mean in this context, to be completely honest with you. :huh:

And yes, it DOES rhyme. It's a literal rhyme that is composed of the last two letters of the words, EVEN THOUGH, the syllable itself doesn't fully rhyme. As far as I know, that's a literal rhyme, right? :huh:

No.

TO HELL WITH YOU, GOOD SIR.

Do we send Scootabloom to food hell for using such a fruit to contaminate something as delicious as pizza? :ph34r:

And yes, it DOES rhyme. It's a literal rhyme that is composed of the last two letters of the words, EVEN THOUGH, the syllable itself doesn't fully rhyme. As far as I know, that's a literal rhyme, right?

Either way, it is all about the context. In a company slogan, if something were to rhyme, it would be a perfect rhyme. The common person would not recognize it as a rhyme if it does not actually rhyme, and it would not appear as catchy.

What the hell? It's 3 on 1 now? How is that fair?

Metrosexual Hipster Zoop, Old Member Nico, and Arcanel want to battle!

Zoop sends out Magikarp!

Nico sends out Wailord!

Arcanel sends out Abra!

Who will you choose?

Scootabloom: Go, HO-OH!

Sorry. You're on your own until at least Star gets here. :P And wait, Abra? Aw, I wanted Latias. :(

No, they don't rhyme. Or at the very least, in a way you would rhyme to make something catchy and attract costumers.

Well, this isn't about customers, but rather showing the pride of the post office. At least when I say it, it sounds good to me.

We aren't out of the woods yet on this, Arcy.

Apparently its 2:2 on if it rhymes or not.

WE NEED OUTSIDE OPINIONS!

Aye, we need either more writers and RPers, or at least the ones from the Trixie Train RP. And Scoots. Definitely Scoots.

Either way, it is all about the context. In a company slogan, if something were to rhyme, it would be a perfect rhyme. The common person would not recognize it as a rhyme if it does not actually rhyme, and it would not appear as catchy.

Maybe so, but while a full rhyme would seem more impressive, it fully depends on what the pony would be willing to hear. Given that the last letters are always what people hear in a rhyme, should they hear those, the "-er" sound would be the one that stuck out the most. At least that's how I see it.

Wait what

I prolly want to know why he used those words myself. :ph34r:

It seems like every few days we get into an argument about pineapples.

We have people who worship pineapple and people who hate them. What do you expect? :lol:

Rhyming doesn't have to be catchy to be considered a rhyme.

You don't even know the context.

Well, this isn't about customers, but rather showing the pride of the post office. At least when I say it, it sounds good to me.

Fine enough. If it rhymes to you, nothing I can say will change that. You can't make someone do something they do not want to do. They must want to do it on some level. And I doubt you'd wish to believe that what you think rhymes does not. It would be a betrayal of your own perception of reality. If it sounds right to you, despite all that I know and believe in on what does and does not sound right, who am I to debate it.