General Chat Thread

Apple      Bloom

Posted Image

This actually just happened to me.

I've never understood Waifus, it takes self insertion to an extreme that I can't comprehend. Of course there was that one guy in japan who married a female character from a video game, so anything can happen. That was in Japan though, so nothing is surprising.

Posted Image

I could add something to this, but I don't know if I should.

Edited by bluetrace
  • Brohoof 5

All those Eldritch-monster-thing always have some fancy nordic-sounding names, I'm still waiting for a being of eyes and teeth who is named "Mr. Pimples"

I've never understood Waifus

Well, I wouldn't actually go and marry a fictional character...

Bless you soul... I dearly hope nobody in this thread will ends up like some certain people in this fandom Posted Image

I'll just think of them as such until a real one comes along, then give the real one a nickname that is related to said character. Now I have both and I can be considered sane!

I still don't get it. I get the "This character is super cute", the Waifu level just seems a bit overboard. If you base your standards on a fictional character, you're bound to be let down.

I don't know why I'm trying to make a logical conversation out of this.

Bless you soul... I dearly hope nobody in this thread will ends up like some certain people in this fandom

Roger that, I'm more here for the people anyways. The ponies are just an added bonus.

I died a bit inside.

Edited by Jinx
  • Brohoof 1

Bless you soul... I dearly hope nobody in this thread will ends up like some certain people in this fandom

Yeah, I'm not actually proposing to a pony.

But hey, if someone wants to, then go right ahead. Can't stop you there.

I still don't get it. I get the "This character is super cute", the Waifu level just seems a bit overboard. If you base your standards on a fictional character, you're bound to be let down.

I don't know why I'm trying to make a logical conversation out of this.

Well, I actuall know a girl who was pretty damn clumsy sometimes and pretty damn bubbly as well. She reminds me of Ditzy a bit.

Another girl also reminds me of AJ a bit.

Maybe if someone had went after some super overdone anime chick, then yes, they would be let down no matter what.

Some/most of the ponies have legit personalities and whatnot that could be found in life.

Posted Image

This actually just happened to me.

Posted Image

Do it.

Add it like you've never added anything before.

Bless you soul... I dearly hope nobody in this thread will ends up like some certain people in this fandom Posted Image

I don't see anyone in here going that crazy for a fictional character. Edited by Hven
  • Brohoof 1

@,

Yeah I see what you're saying now, them sharing minor personality traits is fine. But then possibly over thinking comes into play, because then possibly you've always been attracted to people with those traits. The character then draws you into them more.

Most of the people who fall into the Waifu category, are also obsessively so. So no matter what, nothing will live up to their standards.

Picture for what really happens all of the time in real life.

Posted Image

And hilarious over dramatization

Edited by Jinx
  • Brohoof 2

>inb4 Hasbro getting their collective beards burned and Lauren Faust having a sneezing fit that last for 30 minutes

lolwat

Do it.

Add it like you've never added anything before.

I was gonna say "Hey look, it's you Kirbs." Because, you know...

Yeah, you can slap me now if you want.

• Brohoof 2

I don't see anyone in here going that crazy for a fictional character.

As far as I could see, there are two of that kind here in this forum. Won't say any name, but it's damn obvious when you see them

And there is also this subcommunity in ponychan :x

Posted Image

• Brohoof 1

@,

Yeah I see what you're saying now, them sharing minor personality traits is fine. But then possibly over thinking comes into play, because then possibly you've always been attracted to people with those traits. The character then draws you into them more.

Most of the people who fall into the Waifu category, are also obsessively so. So no matter what, nothing will live up to their standards.

Thankfully I am not one of those peoples.

At least as far as I know.

My standards are pretty low compared to my friends, so I think I'm safe.

@,

If you were one of those people you would know.

"Since I found my waifu, I lead a lot better life and am a lot happier. And the best thing about it, 3D girls don't even interest me anymore, which saves a lot of time and money."

Edited by Jinx
  • Brohoof 3

I was gonna say "Hey look, it's you Kirbs." Because, you know...

Yeah, you can slap me now if you want.

Hah!

I love you more for that one!

No slapping needed. That would have been a good one!

That and I'm used to stuff like that from my friends irl.

What's really odd, is that I thought the same thing.

I can literally see and hear my friends saying that.

I can also hear them noting resemblances for the hell of it.

@,

"Since I found my waifu, I lead a lot better life and am a lot happier. And the best thing about it, 3D girls don't even interest me anymore, which saves a lot of time and money."

3DPD.

Hah!

I love you more for that one!

No slapping needed. That would have been a good one!

That and I'm used to stuff like that from my friends irl.

What's really odd, is that I thought the same thing.

I can literally see and hear my friends saying that.

I can also hear them noting resemblances for the hell of it.

Okay, good.

I was half expecting you to say something like, "hey that kinda looks like me," or something.

@,

Ok, thats going to far.

Who in their right mind can say no to a real freaking girl?!

Blah. I want kids. I can't have them with a:

1) fictional character

2) technicolor sapient pony

3) fictional technicolor sapient pony

That person must be hella high or legit insane.

As far as I could see, there are two of that kind here in this forum. Won't say any name, but it's damn obvious when you see them

And there is also this subcommunity in ponychan :x

Hmmm, now I might start paying hard attention around here...

Oh goodness. They have a dinner table set for him and a picture....

Fuck that.

Replace le picture with a real person.

I'll leave the imaginary stuffs in my head and away from my real, thank you.

That person must be hella high or legit insane.

I'm sure there's people that think like that, but they're few and far between.

It was actually an encyclopedia dramatica quote

3DPD.

Obviously, who would want to touch and feel someone next to them anyways. I'd rather fantasize my entire life staring at pictures of a fictional character. You'd be stupid not to want to live your life that way.

Edited by Jinx
  • Brohoof 1

3DPD.

Okay, good.

I was half expecting you to say something like, "hey that kinda looks like me," or something.

well, its actually not like me.

I'd have a plushie, not a picture.

Ok, so I won't lie, I would actually cuddle with a plushie while sleeping. But I'm sure most bronies would as well.

But a picture is going too far and so is having a facebook named "Mai Waifu" for them so you can talk to yourself...

This is half of the reason why I don't wanna try making a tulpa unless it was some character other than Ditzy and AJ.

I'm sure there's people that think like that, but they're few and far between.

It was actually an encyclopedia dramatica quote

I love ED.

The website, not that you jackasses.

Obviously, who would want to touch and feel someone next to them anyways. I'd rather fantasize my entire life staring at pictures of a fictional character. You'd be stupid not to want to live your life that way.

I know, humans are disgusting.

well, its actually not like me.

I'd have a plushie, not a picture.

Ok, so I won't lie, I would actually cuddle with a plushie while sleeping. But I'm sure most bronies would as well.

But a picture is going too far and so is having a facebook named "Mai Waifu" for them so you can talk to yourself...

This is half of the reason why I don't wanna try making a tulpa unless it was some character other than Ditzy and AJ.

You know what, I would love to have an MLP plushie next to me when I go to sleep. It most likely won't happen, but yeah.

Yeah, tulpas seem dangerous to me.

• Brohoof 1