General Chat Thread

Apple      Bloom

That statement is god-tier. It is going in my sig.

Wow...thanks? :lol: Second time something I said makes it to a sig...WOOO! ^_^

Christmas was all about the birth of Christ. All I see from the US is consumerism :x

Well, let's be honest. Unless you're severely religious, you probably celebrate Christmas for a) GIFTS! b ) Spend time with family and c) all of the others :lol: . Though I LOVE gifts like any little kid (BUCK YEAH!), I always look forward to having a nice Christmas party with family. :) We still do have the "pesebres" (don't know how they are called in English) around as decoration though. Not sure how many do they do in USA or elsewhere. :huh:

Libby's post is a art, deal with it :V

Touche on that bro. Touche on that...
  • Brohoof 1

Watching a video of hundreds of fails, and I can't help but notice a military walking robot falling over. Even the military fails at things, but my personal curiosity is the military coming up with things that they didn't plan for.

Hence, slinkies and microwave ovens.

And yes, someone did microwave a slinky. How ironic.

Posted Image

Touche on that bro. Touche on that...

Posted Image

Deal with it™

Well, let's be honest. Unless you're severely religious, you probably celebrate Christmas for a) GIFTS! b ) Spend time with family and c) all of the others :lol:

I still celebrate my own religion's largest holiday as it should be, with prayers and forgiveness :V

• Brohoof 1

Meh, I have my hair cut each...what...six months or more? :lol: I'm not even joking. See the pic from August? I probably cut my hair slightly before that...haven't cut it again ever since and probably won't until January, maybe February. ^_^ And I'm 5'9 3/4'' or 1.77 metres (I actually though I was slightly taller...I got slightly disappointed when I measured myself again. :P ). And uh...thanks. :blush: But I never really ask myself "HOW COME THE LADIES (or GENTLEMEN I'm not sure yet) AREN'T AROUND ME!?" nor even joke about it. ^_^ Never really thought I was physically charming or some such...(though my low self-esteem doesn't help that notion...) Hell, forget me dude, why aren't the gentlemen and/or ladies around you!? :o

Arcy why you have to write so much!! XD

the pictures thread is to post pictures not to write a novel. XD

ok, the hair cutting it's up to you, I just gave my opinion, hmmm...still you are taller than me and I'm older, I'm only 1.74, my height is very average, maybe under average. but hey! I don't complain! and you should ask yourself that! I hope this forum can help you to improve your self esteem problems.

And I don't really leave my house that much >.>

Not often I make a post over 1000 characters :P ------> http://mlpforums.com...720#entry949184

Well, you're saying what oneself hate. EVERYONE can write FICS about that. :lol:

Deal with it™

I gotta admit, that Celestia pic is hilarious. :lol:

I still celebrate my own religion's largest holiday as it should be, with prayers and forgiveness :V

And that's great! But hey, tis be Christmas...if there's one thing that got "corrupted" is that. But, forgive me if this sounds wrong, but, for the traditions and hoildays, are most Indonesians like...really devout to maintaining the original spirit of the holiday/tradition?

I don't really leave my house that much >.>

Posted Image

Who needs sunlight when you have the internet.

Arcy why you have to write so much!! XD

the pictures thread is to post pictures not to write a novel. XD

ok, the hair cutting it's up to you, I just gave my opinion, hmmm...still you are taller than me and I'm older, I'm only 1.74, my height is very average, maybe under average. but hey! I don't complain! and you should ask yourself that! I hope this forum can help you to improve your self esteem problems.

And I don't really leave my house that much >.>

I ALWAYS write a lot...you should know this by now, regardless of the thread. Why do you think I was never bothered by the character limit? :P

Aaaaand you me have that "I don't leave the house much..." in common with me. :mellow: But oh well. I too hope I can get past my mind's favorite hobby...kicking me to the ground over and over again. ^_^

are most Indonesians like...really devout to maintaining the original spirit of the holiday/tradition?

Nope. Outside the very few certain devout religious circles, Indonesian people are pretty much obsessed with modernisation of any religious holidays.

Ramadhan was meant for a month of peace and introspection, now everything is all about buying new clothes and huge feast. Same shit also happened to countless other celebrations here (we have like four or five major religions here, so we got dozens of holidays from them all)

In a few generations we would lose what make us special...

I have mixed opinions with this... :x

Hmm... having a nice open backward with a pool is quite nice on a summers day but i don't leave my house much either. -_-

Nope. Outside the very few certain devout religious circles, Indonesian people are pretty much obsessed with modernisation of any religious holidays.

Ramadhan was meant for a month of peace and introspection, now everything is all about buying new clothes and huge feast. Same shit also happened to countless other celebrations here (we have like four or five major religions here, so we got dozens of holidays from them all)

we never had anything that made us special, here in Canada

I have mixed opinions with this... :x

Well, you saw me, I'm pretty damn white. Almost ghostly as I call myself sometimes...and I don't have the makeup. :lol:

Oh, crap. :( Still, to be completely honest, I thought you guys were slightly more traditional, so to speak, than others. I guess not so much nowadays. But, out of curiosity, which is the biggest holidays you have? And customs too? (Sorry if this bothers you, but I get very curious about this stuff, and who knows, maybe I'll go to Indonesia sometime. :) )

But can you eat it?

Amazon has you covered. ^_^

or craigslist!

Edited by Guest

Posted Image

I thought you guys were slightly more traditional, so to speak,

If you're talking about the 80's Indonesia, then yes, we are fucking traditional :P

But, out of curiosity, which is the biggest holidays you have? And customs too?

Customs I'm not really sure... For each provinces have their own unique customs. What is acceptable in one town might be very blasphemous in others. The Biggest Holiday would be either Christmas or Idul Fitri (Eid al-Fitr).

Then you obviously don't understand the concept of research... Or expiration dates.

pfft expiration dates... who needs 'em.

Customs I'm not really sure... For each provinces have their own unique customs. What is acceptable in one town might be very blasphemous in others. The Biggest Holiday would be either Christmas or Idul Fitri (Eid al-Fitr).

Wow..are the provinces really that different from the other? :blink: And what do you celebrate and do in Idul Fitri? :huh: