General Chat Thread

Apple      Bloom

When I read a book, I take in everything about it. If an author can make me cry, then they get all my respect, because it's very hard to cry at words on a page. Movies might make me cry if they're directed well enough, but the world a book creates exists only in the reader's mind, and the reader has to make that connection with the characters.
Sounds like you don't visualize as well as I can. 

She looks like 30 in those pictures. 

>Implying there is something wrong with older women

Well, its all I got to go with at the moment.

Just replace her with one that is preferably 18 or 20/21.

-----

By the way, I don't know if this still works after the serverderp, maybe it does, but have you ever notice that if you try to double post, the system just appends what you posted into your previous post, and if you have quotes and notifications in either, it sends another notification?

The notification spam has been doubled (well, really, it's tripled if I can time this right.)

I'll be busy for the next two weeks, so I can't.

Its done that for quite a while, actually.

Im not sure about the double notifications, but it has always (as far as I can remember) added your new post to your previous one.

My Little Dashie may not make some people burst into tears… <_<

But good God, the sad feels this piece gives!

last_moment_with_dashie_by_blackgryph0n-

My Little Linkie.

That fic is highly overrated.

I really need to make myself read it so I can laugh see why everyone says it so sad.

Well... I didn't expect that.

lol Didn't I say that once before?

Edited by TGAP DJ HVen MM the Mighty

I really need to make myself read it so I can laugh see why everyone says it so sad.
 I did that. Blasted thing prays on those who are emotional or can possibly relate with the main character. It was all formulated that way, playing up certain details just to elicit tears. The author is clearly an evil genius. Fortunately, some people are can see through the tricks and make it to the end without shedding a single tear.

Also, I'm very annoyed that people think the story so sad. No one dies, no one gets hurt, and in fact, mister nameless human isn't worse off for his time with RD.

Gah, shots in the mouth to numb you up? Been there, do NOT wanna go back... X_X

Tooth removal sucks, especially if you're 7.

That fic is highly overrated.

That's the biggest reason why I never will read MLD: Because too many people have read it.

I are reading The Fellowship of the Ring. It is awesome, holy cheese. It's kind of become my One Ring (two teachers had to tell me to stop reading in the middle of class, something I never ever do). :D

Peregrin Took is so adorable, hnnnng. He's like Pinkie Pie if she were a hobbit.

• Brohoof 2

I did that. Blasted thing prays on those who are emotional or can possibly relate with the main character. It was all formulated that way, playing up certain details just to elicit tears. The author is clearly an evil genius. Fortunately, some people are can see through the tricks and make it to the end without shedding a single tear.

Also, I'm very annoyed that people think the story so sad. No one dies, no one gets hurt, and in fact, mister nameless human isn't worse off for his time with RD.

Im not emotion at all as far as I can tell. I've only cried at one thing and that was when Dom died in Gears 3. Sad day that was...

I can't relate to the main guy either, cause I don't care for Dashie. Now, it might still work since having a pony as a friend/pet would be awesome, but since its Dashie I'm not too sure.

Well, it is since he loses something he apparently loved. You don't have to have death or anything like that to be sad.

I'm very annoyed that people think the story so sad. No one dies, no one gets hurt, and in fact, mister nameless human isn't worse off for his time with RD.

You don't need death or injury to trigger an emotion.

MLD is about loneliness, and the loss of someone that the main character considered their child.

Most deaths in books are complete crapspackle anyway...

As I said earlier, it's really a story where the reader needs to connect with the characters rather than just look at the words.

Im not emotion at all as far as I can tell. I've only cried at one thing and that was when Dom died in Gears 3. Sad day that was...

I can't relate to the main guy either, cause I don't care for Dashie. Now, it might still work since having a pony as a friend/pet would be awesome, but since its Dashie I'm not too sure.

Well, it is since he loses something he apparently loved. You don't have to have death or anything like that to be sad.

Well, if the story makes you even the slightest bit sad, it proves how dastardly and cunning the author is. Evil mastermind is what he is...

• Brohoof 1

Well, if the story makes you even the slightest bit sad, it proves how dastardly and cunning the author is. Evil mastermind is what he is...

lol you seem to really dislike him for having the power to cause sadness in you.

I'll try and remember to read it this weekend. Ive been saying that for months now...

Guys, I haven't worked on my story for the past week...

And thats ok!

I haven't worked on any of my songs in a week or two.

Speaking of which, I need to make a copy of Arcy's rap on my harddrive so I can see it when Im sneaking on my moms computer...

MLD is about loneliness, and the loss of someone that the main character considered their child.

As I said earlier, it's really a story where the reader needs to connect with the characters rather than just look at the words.

i might have cared more about the characters in the fic had there been more development of said characters and the bond they had. but i didn't really feel that they had created a strong bond, and when it fast-forwarded so many years in time, it felt a bit incomplete to me. maybe if there were more of the blanks being filled in, and i could read about how the human and RD gets connected to each other, the ending might have hurt all the more for me. but like i said, it doesn't have that effect on me in its current state, and i find it to be drab and boring.

Guys, I haven't worked on my story for the past week...

And thats ok!

I haven't worked on any of my songs in a week or two.

I haven't worked on my screenplay for about a week.

I need to polish the shit out of that for it to be worth filming.

My good sir, what is you cutie mark? As you can plainly see, mine is a book. Therefore, I know all about reading. Or something.

lol you seem to really dislike him for having the power to cause sadness in you.

No silly. Everything is a conspiracy. How do you get anger from that? Seriously, you guys can't see the obvious when it's smacking you in the face with a 10 pound carp.

J. K. Rowling is the biggest evil mastermind.

"I've made a successful book series, now let's kill everything."

What does that even mean?

My good sir, what is you cutie mark? As you can plainly see, mine is a book. Therefore, I know all about reading. Or something.

No silly. Everything is a conspiracy. How do you get anger from that? Seriously, you guys can't see the obvious when it's smacking you in the face with a 10 pound carp.

Where did anger come from? I thought this was about the writer of MLD's magical way of stirring emotion inside of people?

Eww, fish.

I wonder what Haven's is... Do you guys know of Ganaram's CM?

BTW, I thought you said 10-pound crap.

Whooo is a jelly pony :3

I know I am... <_<

What the hell is THAT?!!

• Brohoof 1

I know I am... <_<

It will cost you 400 meteorite ores to spend 10 minutes in my bath of snow.

Deal :D?

I wonder what Haven's is... Do you guys know of Ganaram's CM?

BTW, I thought you said 10-pound crap.

What the hell is THAT?!!

What?

My balcony?