General Chat Thread

Apple      Bloom

Should I keep it?

Yes, it fits.

The next thing we know it, Trixie's banner and statues would be everywhere D:

Then comes the religious wars over who's best pony. Collapse from within, and then smaller religions form.

• Brohoof 1

177946__safe_princess-luna_image-macro_t

If you would care to see one of the few insecurities I have, here.

Oh dear... You know you can't spend too much time worrying about what others think about you, right? VnCRQ.png

Others get busy, and sometimes forgot about things, you shouldn't burden yourself like that

Oh dear... You know you can't spend too much time worrying about what others think about you, right? VnCRQ.png

Others get busy, and sometimes forgot about things, you shouldn't burden yourself like that

I always try to convince myself that, but it still comes back to haunt me...

@@Starshine, Here ya go!

The prompt itself

Okay, how about a writing prompt? I'll give you a situation, and you respond to it how you, as yourself, would. Try to convey as much emotion as possible without going off on a tangent. And focus on inner thoughts as well as you surroundings. Take all the time you need. The longer, the better.

You stand alone atop the burning rubble of the only place you knew as home. Everyone you know is dead.You were the only one to survive the incident. In the distance, you can hear strange noises. You'll need to figure out how to make it in this new barren landscape that was once your hometown. But soon, you find evidence you might not be alone after all.

I want you to be creative as possible. I was vague in some parts, so you fill in the blanks.

Things to remember:
  1. You do not think anyone else survived whatever happened.
  2. Whatever happened is up to you to describe.
  3. Pretend it is you. Do what you would do in this situation.
  4. At the very end, there are signs you might not be alone.
  5. It would be a good idea to start moving once you get pass the devastation.
  6. Don't forget to be descriptive.
  7. You can begin before the incident if you want to.

and my post below.

Ok, here goes nothing. Bear with me, Teach.
I'm pasting it in from Microsoft Word, so hopefully it stays set up properly.

~All is quiet minus the soft sound of sizzling fire crackling in various places. Suddenly, a slight rustling can be heard coming from the debris of one of the now destroyed houses~

*I barely manage to free myself from the debris placed on top of me from whatever just happened. My face is covered with dirt and my clothes are in tatters. As I try and pull myself up I think aloud to myself*

“What the hell just happened? All those weird noises, shaking, and what sounded like screami--”

*I trail off as I look up to see exactly what happened.*

~Everything that once was standing in my neighborhood is now completely razed and burning. Our visitor, this giant boulder sized meteorite, is sitting comfortably in the middle of the dead end of the street with a soft glow as if it was alive, pulsating like a heartbeat. All around are smaller meteorites with slightly bigger one scattered out every-so-often in between~

“Did we just get bombarded by meteorites?! What the hell are the chances of actually having a field of them run into us and actually surviving to land?!”

*Then everything hits me all at once. I start to panic as I look around the area franticly with every realization setting in. I quickly turn away from the street and its newfound look to what used to be my house. I frantically start throwing debris everywhere in an attempt to find my mother and sister who were also at home at the time*

“Come on. Come on!”

*Tears start to form in my eyes. *

*I search for about 5 or so minutes before giving up on moving the debris*

“Damn it!” *Sob*

*I sit down right in the spot I’m in and continue to cry*
--
*Sob* “What’s it been? Bout 15 minutes or so?” *Sniff* “I guess I should try and find some kind of shelter or something. Fuck. I don’t know what I’m supposed to do in shit like this!”

*I sit and stare at the meteorite that is still glowing. I take a deep breath only to be interrupted by some unknown sound*

~Unknown sound~ ((Shush, I don’t know how to make sounds…))

“What the hell was that?!...I need to move. Now. Ok, umm, I need to either see if any actually managed to survive this or just find a safe house I can get into. Survived. Hmph, I highly doubt that. I’m not even sure how I did…
I Wonder if any stores are still intact…Oh crap, I gotta learn how to cook now. Ain’t this a wonderful way to start living on my own.”

*Faint music can be heard*

“I’ll need to find stores that survived with their clothes in one piece, find some source of water, make sure I got steady supply of food. Ummm, let’s see, what else…”

*Starts humming and making beats*

“Aagh, I gotta stop doing that!...Wait……”

*I look around for a bit until I can hear it clearly*

“THAT’S MY RINGTONE!”

*I hop up and start moving debris in the area it sounds like its coming from. Luckily, I manage to find my phone, which is almost broken in two and barely managing to flash its screen.*

“Who the hell is still alive and calling me?! It looks like…Arrgh! Damn screen! Hmmm, it looks like…k…a…l….ar…ll…a..Wait, no!”

*The phone finally gives out. The screen no longer works and it seems the battery has gone with it.*

“Fuuuck!” *sigh* “Let’s see…’k, a, l, ar, ll, a’ Who has those letters in their name in that order? Hmmm, can’t be my aunt Katie, Katherine would never call me, and the only person I know whose name starts with a ‘K’ would be Kael…But why would he call me?......Call me..Call…That means he has to be alive! So this must not be all over, but just in either this area or the state! But, he lives all the damn way in Michigan…I’ve no car or anything! Damn it!”

*I stomp on the ground and throw the useless phone down the street in anger*

“Guess I’m stuck walking until I can find a working vehicle that has keys in or near it.” *Sigh* “I guess before I leave I better check to see if Connor made it out….Oh, God. I hope he did.”

*Tears start to form in my eyes again*

“Man, I’mma miss this place. Hopefully I make it out alive…” *I shake my head* “Can’t think of that now! The last thing I need is to have a spaz session in a time like this! Oh, well…Let’s get this over with I guess.
Hmm, I wonder if my sim card is still able to work? Maybe I can find a phone to put it into eventually and still have some contacts. Especially since I don’t actually know Kael’s, Dustin’s, or Adams’s numbers by heart.”

*I start walking down the street of what used to be my home. Taking in all the destruction that is along it*

Huh, I guess on the slight bright side… this is kinda like Fallout 3…..”

“Sweeet.”

If you would care to see one of the few insecurities I have, here.

I don't know how to make it go away or lessen it, but you shouldn't worry like that. If it helps any, I don't think bad of you at all.

• Brohoof 3

Then comes the religious wars over who's best pony. Collapse from within, and then smaller religions form.

I call dibs on Lunarian Republic.

I always try to convince myself that, but it still comes back to haunt me...

Easy there...

yVvzW.gif

There are a lot of others' posts, threads and statuses in this site that went unnoticed and buried under the wreckage mess that is this forum. I know that it hurts to see someone you like suddenly stopped the chain PMs that you have with him or other things like that, but we should know that everyone have their own pace. Sometimes they feels rather tired and prefer to spend the day alone, sometimes they are busied with other things. You should give them time, remind them that you want to hear their opinions and such.

No one will hate you for resuming your conversations with them :3

• Brohoof 2

Wait, question:

Me messing with you over xbox on how fast you posted didn't bother you, did it? :x

Cause it was all in jest and not to be taken seriously at all.

Oh no that's not what I'm talking about at all. I actually found it amusing how people found my posting habits amazing.hehe.

@@Scootabloom,

But unfortunately, like I said in my first paragraph, I am always embarrassed to outreach to people in fear that they think I'm some sort of insecure mess. Especially with people around my age, it might just cause teasing and awkwardness around said person.

Listen, believe me when I say that a huge majority people here will be glad that you actually care about them enough to start a conversation with them. You can't be afraid of starting something, for that will be your first and last failure.

Seriously, just try it with some fuckers here :V

and my post below.

Hm... The style's kinda different with what I've used to.

Say, how would you like to have a pesudo-RP between us in PM?

Edited by Starshine

There are a lot of others' posts, threads and statuses in this site that went unnoticed and buried under the wreckage mess that is this forum. I know that it hurts to see someone you like suddenly stopped the chain PMs that you have with him or other things like that, but we should know that everyone have their own pace. Sometimes they feels rather tired and prefer to spend the day alone, sometimes they are busied with other things. You should give them time, remind them that you want to hear their opinions and such.

No one will hate you for resuming your conversations with them :3

I feel the same way Scootabloom does sometimes.

I think the problem is that it's one of those fears you can't avoid, no matter how irrational you realize the fear is. I'm aware that when I perceive someone to be ignoring me, or when I think someone doesn't like me or thinks I'm annoying, that those perceptions are most likely just in my head, but they resurface no matter what.

What makes you think I would convert so easily?

/me looks at your avatar

Well...

Edited by bluetrace
  • Brohoof 1

@@Scootabloom,

Listen, believe me when I say that a huge majority people here will be glad that you actually care about them enough to start a conversation with them. You can't be afraid of starting something, for that will be your first and last failure.

Seriously, just try it with some fuckers here :V

Why would that be so? I'm just a 14 year old kid, nothing special

Oh no that's not what I'm talking about at all. I actually found it amusing how people found my posting habits amazing.hehe.

Oh, I know it wasn't it exactly, but since it would fit in with the dislike part, I just had to make sure.
  • Brohoof 1

I think the problem is that it's one of those fears you can't avoid, no matter how irrational you realize the fear is. I'm aware that when I perceive someone to be ignoring me, or when I think someone doesn't like me or thinks I'm annoying that those perceptions are most likely just in my head, but they resurface no matter what.

Some people can't really handle more than two conversations at once, you know :x

You should learn to forgive someone from forgetting something. Sometimes it can't be helped because he was busy, sometimes it's because he is not very comfortable with the topic and wait for you to change it. That's not your fault in the slightest.

EMoYv.jpg

You're a nice, lovable person, and that's fucking final.

• Brohoof 4

Hm... The style's kinda different with what I've used to.

Say, how would you like to have a pesudo-RP between us in PM?

Well, I've never done it before, so I don't even know what 'style' that is. XD

Idk, I still don't know much to anything at all. :x

Also, how was it? Ok, standable, pure crap, needs to be burned by hell fire?

I feel the same way Scootabloom does sometimes.

I think the problem is that it's one of those fears you can't avoid, no matter how irrational you realize the fear is. I'm aware that when I perceive someone to be ignoring me, or when I think someone doesn't like me or thinks I'm annoying, that those perceptions are most likely just in my head, but they resurface no matter what.

/me looks at your avatar

Well...

I get those sometimes, but they never really bother me. Its usually when the person shows it outright that it starts to, but other than that me just thinking it doesn't do much.

*Looks at my name also*

Oh....

So I started liking her, big whoop, wanna fight about it?

I forgot you were that young...

I had a kid younger than you do the same and it actually brightened up my day quite a bit.

By younger I mean 8, iirc.

• Brohoof 1

Some people can't really handle more than two conversations at once, you know :x

You should learn to forgive someone from forgetting something. Sometimes it can't be helped because he was busy, sometimes it's because he is not very comfortable with the topic and wait for you to change it. That's not your fault in the slightest.

EMoYv.jpg

You're a nice, lovable person, and that's fucking final.

Hehe, that made me laugh ;3

Thanks a lot, it means a ton.

I hope nobody thinks of my threads as me trying to get pity or sympathy or anything..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppPVt11k8vs

Am I the only one by the way that finds this pleasing to my ears? Audible cuteness

• Brohoof 1

I hope nobody thinks of my threads as me trying to get pity or sympathy or anything..

And you did it again! gS61C.png

Don't worry about that either! Some people might just because they are douchebags, but as long as its not for that and you know that its not for that reason, it doesn't matter what they think!

• Brohoof 1

Well, you should be able to. I can't either, I'm sorry.

And I know that. Doesn't make that feeling go away though. It's just there all the time. It's an irrational fear. A phobia, if you will.

I get those sometimes, but they never really bother me. Its usually when the person shows it outright that it starts to, but other than that me just thinking it doesn't do much.

*Looks at my name also*

Oh....

So I started liking her, big whoop, wanna fight about it?

Now that I think about it, most people probably have felt the same way at least once in their life, and it was just their head messing with them the whole time.

Come at me bro.

• Brohoof 1

And you did it again! gS61C.png

Don't worry about that either! Some people might just because they are douchebags, but as long as its not for that and you know that its not for that reason, it doesn't matter what they think!

Yea >< I did do it again...

Also, how was it? Ok, standable, pure crap, needs to be burned by hell fire?

It's acceptable enough for a RP post, with a slight changes here and there you can call yourself an average roleplayer :V

The best way to improve yourself is too roleplay more, smooth things up, preferably with someone you know. My offer is still there, should you want to try :3

Thanks a lot, it means a ton.

You're welcome, chucklefuck :3

Yours is a very real problem, that when left alone can corrode you from within. Imo it's good of you wanting to open this with us, or else you will slowly backs away because you are trapped inside your own illusions that everypony hates you.

If you feels sad and afraid of something, don't keep it to yourself. If someone dare to make fun of you because of it, that fuckers is not your friend

And I know that. Doesn't make that feeling go away though. It's just there all the time. It's an irrational fear. A phobia, if you will.

First thing first, everyone is indeed human behind the screen of anonymity. We all flawed, imperfect, capable of shitty mistakes and other fuck-ups. You should learn to forgive yourself and others

I learned it the hard way

• Brohoof 1