Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

General Chat Thread

Apple      Bloom

Every time I hear that word, I think of this song:

If you listen to it long enough or often enough, it will attach to you like...like...something that attaches very strongly.

*like a leech

So no, I don't wanna hear it. :lol:

i might be feeling burned out... i've had moments the past few days where i feel i have literally NOTHING to do.

My friend, in your post, you have described being burned out almost exactly. I've been completely and totally burned out at several points in the past. My most recent episode was when I first injured my hands. I would just sit around for days on end watching old Law & Order episodes, feeling like trash, wishing I could do something. But... I couldn't even gather up the willpower to open a book to read. I just started to hate existence. Every single day I would just feel so angry and alone, even though I was surrounded by family and I had lots of friends online.

How do you tell family what you're going through when it is burnout? It is sometimes hard for folks that have never experienced it to know how it feels. You can't simply say "I feel burned out", because they don't tend to take that seriously enough. The best thing to do is just to tell them the symptoms. You aren't getting much enjoyment out of existence any more. Hobbies and... Errr... Other activities that you used to find amusing are no longer having any effect on you. It seems like every day is dragging out. Give them the run down. Most importantly, they need to understand that this isn't something that has to do with a phase of life or anything else like that. Burnout sucks and it can sneak up on anyone at anytime, no matter what you are doing. And it really is serious.

Trust me, burnout is serious as hell. My longest episode of burnout lasted for nearly a full year. Every day was a struggle and life hurt like hell. What made it worse was that I kept smiling like an idiot throughout it all, I'm always smiling. No one can see the pain that way. Makes it hard for folks to realize when there is something wrong. It makes it harder for me to realize when something is wrong. Burnout is so easy to just get "stuck" in, because you just don't know how to fight it. Really, the best solution for fighting burnout is to know that you have it. I've found that once you "recognize" being burned out, that's when things start to improve. Slowly, but they will improve.

vitamin d? uhh, don't that exist in milk? i HAVE cut back on drinking milk a bit, because of my stomach issues regarding milk. i have had margarine, atlantic herring the past few days. dunno if they exist in them. worst case scenario, i can go out and buy a drink that contains vitamin D. such things exist to buy here in Sweden.

Interesting... You know, I actually have stomach issues regarding milk as well. I'm a bit lactose intolerant. Anything more than a half-cup per day and my stomach feels like there are knives bouncing around in it. My solution is supplements. There are some fairly common over-the-counter supplements that you can get to give you a daily dosage of vitamin D.  

There's a funny thing about vitamin D though. Folks that spend enough time outdoors don't need to bother with supplements. The sunlight is a great source of vitamin D. Unfortunately, I spend most of my time in front of my computer during the day - both at work and at home. Most of my running around outdoors is either in the early morning or the late night (heck, it's already dark out by the time I get off work), so I have a massive sunlight deficit. 

If you're like me, and you aren't a "creature of fun, sun, and outdoors", then you will definitely want to head over to your local pharmacist, chemist, or wherever and pick up a vitamin D supplement. If you look up vitamin D deficiency, the official pages will tell you that it leads to softness in the bones and muscles. What they won't tell you is that these effects will screw around with your mind terribly. It is rather like aging really quickly, your brain will feel the effects of tissue degradation and it will sort of panic... All kinds of things result from this, including pretty strange psychological effects. Trust me, this is a common fear among lots of programmers, accountants, and others that are sunlight deprived. 

• Brohoof 3

, that makes a lot of sense, come to think of it. i used to drink a lot of milk, hell i really love milk. but i'm on medicine now, or herbal treatment, really, and the doctor have forbidden me to drink milk, since it can ferment inside the stomach, among other things. i guess i can get vitamin d supplements, but aren't those things expensive? and come to think of it, i really don't get that many vitamins and minerals, overall. i'm not an avid fan of fruit or vegetables unless prepared properly. so that's a bit of a problem.

well, now i know what to tell my mom tomorrow, though, that i feel burned out and things don't enjoy me as much. also, should i show her the thread i have in live-advice? you should see which one i am talking about.

• Brohoof 1

I want out of this discussion now.

But I want you in!

MUHAHAHAHAHA

Yes , I raise my glass to you for the gift of brohooves!

By the way, who do you do the proper @ link in front of a member?

TECH TALK!

Edited by Party Cannon

Man, can I just post numbers and post them, to have @Sugar Plum broohoof them!? It reminds me of boosting in COD year ago.

Boosting in cod was always fun.

Mainly cause with friends you'd always end up screwing around half-way through. :lol:

• Brohoof 1

Boosting in cod was always fun.

Mainly cause with friends you'd always end up screwing around half-way through. :lol:

I know right!?

Oh those crazy challenges and achievements, like the care package ones and such. Man cage match was the BEST for that. *sigh