General Chat Thread

Apple      Bloom

Everything and nothing.

By the way, there's a word (and I'm serious) for throwing someone (or something) out a window: defenestration.

Did you know a synonym for word is locution mmmhhhhmmmmm,

That defenestration word is cool too,

I did not know that, gonna start using it.

post-6246-0-91226700-1407628983.png

Adventurer:Blaze Party Animal:Rye Bad-ass Silent Leader:Blue Optyx Female Sharpshooter: DeadEdge Brawling Adventurer: Quarry

Credit To Gone Airbourne For My Signature

Did you know a synonym for word is locution mmmhhhhmmmmm,

That defenestration word is cool too,

I did not know that, gonna start using it.

There are a lot of synonyms for "word," apparently. Thesaurus.com doesn't list locution, though. It takes a dictionary that's like 16 inches thick to find such obscure words.

All I can say is that Latin is weird. And everywhere.

a0AgWVX.png

<>

There are a lot of synonyms for "word," apparently. Thesaurus.com doesn't list locution, though. It takes a dictionary that's like 16 inches thick to find such obscure words.

All I can say is that Latin is weird. And everywhere.

Locution is a word or phrase with regard to style or idiom

It's a weird word.

Adventurer:Blaze Party Animal:Rye Bad-ass Silent Leader:Blue Optyx Female Sharpshooter: DeadEdge Brawling Adventurer: Quarry

Did you know that cardboard/jelly ring put around coffee cups to protect your hands from the hot hotness is called a zarf? c:

Zarf :3 I like it

Did you know that I'm really sleep?

And imma go to bed right now?

Probably not but I'm going to bed nonetheless, goodbye talk to every pony later

• Brohoof 1

Did you know that cardboard/jelly ring put around coffee cups to protect your hands from the hot hotness is called a zarf? c:

Did you get that off of MentalFloss by chance? By the way, there are a lot of names for that grass strip that's between a sidewalk and a road...

Zarf :3 I like it

Did you know that I'm really sleep?

And imma go to bed right now?

Probably not but I'm going to bed nonetheless, goodbye talk to every pony later

Zarf sounds like an interjection you make out of pure silliness. Maybe it's the name itself. Goodnightsies.

Edited by Ganaram Inukshuk

a0AgWVX.png

<>

Yes I did! That's so funny because that is the only video I've ever seen by them c;

That's stuff's hosted by the same people from Vlogbrothers, which makes the show as awesome as it is.

Get ready to put on your etymology hat...

a0AgWVX.png

<>

That's stuff's hosted by the same people from Vlogbrothers, which makes the show as awesome as it is.

Get ready to put on your etymology hat...

OH MAH GAWD RAINBOW DASH MAKES AN APPEARANCE!

"Pineapple used to be a word for pinecone which is what the fruit looked like to early explorers... who were apparently blind." xD

I find these videos highly entertaining

Edited by ~Glimmer Bloom~

3cd2ee7ab89f6cb75ff4acb2d4010bb3-d77ipso

Glimmer Bloom

Thank you xxConfusedUnicornxx!

OH MAH GAWD RAINBOW DASH MAKES AN APPEARANCE!

"Pineapple used to be a word for pinecone which is what the fruit looked like to early explorers... who were apparently blind." xD

I find these videos highly entertaining

Something worth noting that back then, the term "apple" was used as a general term for fruit. Calling pineapples apples would make as much sense as calling nearly all fruits apples, and since some fruits do come from trees, as do apples and pinecones, this apparently would have made a lot of sense.

English is weird.

Edited by Ganaram Inukshuk

a0AgWVX.png

<>

@@Ganaram Inukshuk

Sup Ganaram..

I haven't forgotten about you.. <3

Edited by Milk Wave

Moon+Wave.png

A shoutout to Dr-Whooves for making this sweet thing~

Anyway, go ahead and visit my http://mlpforums.com/user/380-sirius-crescent/'>About Me page for my characters :3

Engaged to Steel Crescent as of 5/1/2013

What's happening in here? I got a new computer yesterday, with Windows 8. I actually do like Windows 8 so far, it has lots of nice additions.

But I didn't like not having a start menu, so I used a program that added that back, and now it's awesome.

So how is everyone doing in here? Anything cool happening?

siggeh163.png

I'm a COLT/STALLION, not a filly/mare. Just because I have a round muzzle does not mean I'm female. Remember that. =3

Signature made by me, vectors in signature and avatar also made by me.

What's happening in here? I got a new computer yesterday, with Windows 8. I actually do like Windows 8 so far, it has lots of nice additions.

But I didn't like not having a start menu, so I used a program that added that back, and now it's awesome.

So how is everyone doing in here? Anything cool happening?

Nope.

Absolutely.

Nothing.

It's so bland here no ponies talking :I

That picture was uploaded because I can.

Why do these people get upset over the most mundane of first-world problems?!! inb6 you run out of toilet paper, or you have nothing to eat that tastes good despite having a fridge full of food.

a0AgWVX.png

<>

Why do these people get upset over the most mundane of first-world problems?!! inb6 you run out of toilet paper, or you have nothing to eat that tastes good despite having a fridge full of food.

What of your drive ain't got no good food. Scratch that. The fridge never has any good food! It's all in the pantry my man.

This place just never seems to be that active anymore. But other times it is, I dunno.

I like Wndows 8 a lot, I know a lot of others don't like it, but I do like it. Since I added the WIndows 7 start menu it made it even better.

My new computer is nice too, it has a huge resolution screen. I was tired of the old computer which had a small resolution. I had to connect it to monitors. xD

siggeh163.png

I'm a COLT/STALLION, not a filly/mare. Just because I have a round muzzle does not mean I'm female. Remember that. =3

Signature made by me, vectors in signature and avatar also made by me.

I like Wndows 8 a lot, I know a lot of others don't like it, but I do like it. Since I added the WIndows 7 start menu it made it even better.

My new computer is nice too, it has a huge resolution screen. I was tired of the old computer which had a small resolution. I had to connect it to monitors. xD

I use both Windwos 7 and 8, but I use Windows 7 more than I do 8. I'm a bit used to 8, though, but still not well-acquainted.

Is the resolution bigger than 1366×768?

a0AgWVX.png

<>