Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

General Chat Thread

Apple      Bloom

I can't believe it. One of my friends here repeated the "You can't see past 30FPS" bullshit to me.

Why do so many people think that? The human eye doesn't work that way, it has NO frame rate limit. The "You can't tell the difference between 30 and 60FPS" claim is just bullshit from game developers to justify the lower frame rate in their games.

Eyes don't do framerate, and if you see things at high framerates, your brain will literally explode.

What's happening here? I have an appointment today, not looking forward to it. I mean I get to go somewhere today but heh. xD

I need new glasses, I'm tired of the ones I have, they are broken in half and only getting held together by a tube. I need new ones, and I would love to try contacts again. Meh meh.

So how is everyone doing?

I've always had glasses-- Waitaminute, how many people here use glasses again?

(The main reason I use glasses is because I spend nearly every waking moment near a computer.)

(The main reason I use glasses is because I spend nearly every waking moment near a computer.)

I just got unlucky and got really bad eyes. If I took my glasses off I could hardly see my computer screen. I have to wear glasses all the time, I can't see really at all if I don't wear them, so the only times I don't wear them is if I am in the shower or sleeping in bed. Contacts would be nice, but I've struggled with putting them in and taking them out in the past, Meh.

I can't believe it. One of my friends here repeated the "You can't see past 30FPS" bullshit to me.

Why do so many people think that? The human eye doesn't work that way, it has NO frame rate limit. The "You can't tell the difference between 30 and 60FPS" claim is just bullshit from game developers to justify the lower frame rate in their games.

There is a point where the human eye can barely detect the higher frame rate, it is however I think only theorised and on top of that it is still thought to be more than 60fps. Personally I'd say when you get into the hundreds of frames you really can't tell. The original fallout fame runs at over 700 frames a second on windows pc for instance.

Pc master race, you know this gen will screw people over with mostly 30fps games.

Im supposed to wear glasses, but mine are almost always broken.

Ive the same reason as you for wearing them; I do nothing but sit in front of a computer or game. I also used to read a whole lot.

(edited)

I'm wondering if putting diacritical marks in my name would force people into thinking the correct pronunciation of my name.

Scratch that. I can't find a diacritic pronunciation guide. Except for Mün being phonetically identical to Moon.

Edited by Ganaram Inukshuk

I just got unlucky and got really bad eyes. If I took my glasses off I could hardly see my computer screen. I have to wear glasses all the time, I can't see really at all if I don't wear them, so the only times I don't wear them is if I am in the shower or sleeping in bed. Contacts would be nice, but I've struggled with putting them in and taking them out in the past, Meh.

Sounds exactly like a friend of mine. He can hardly recognize me from 10 feet away without his glasses, and contacts aren't an option either.

I'm kinda bummed tonight.

A friend of mine is moving out of town after getting

a job at a Burger King. I'm gonna miss him tons.

My local Burger King became a really big derp when one of the managers left a few years ago. One of the other managers was fired soon afterwards.

@@Artemis, Can you relate to having no one to talk to for consolation or conversation and turning to people of authority for a substitute? Something I've always tried to do but to no avail. 

Im supposed to wear glasses, but mine are almost always broken.

Ive the same reason as you for wearing them; I do nothing but sit in front of a computer or game. I also used to read a whole lot.

Glasses are pretty cyuuute doe.

Also just like you I sit in front of a computer an awful lot. In fact, I'm on a 24+ hour marathon. Currently sitting at 27 hours~

• Brohoof 1

What's happening in here? How is everyone doing?

I'm just hanging out, I have a friend that flew over here to hang out, and I'm having fun so far. After this weekend I really need to start looking for a job.

Guys, HELP! It took me 4 and a half seasons to figure out why the hell it's called a Pinkie Promise other than because of Pinkie Pie's name. @_@

Guys, HELP! It took me 4 and a half seasons to figure out why the hell it's called a Pinkie Promise other than because of Pinkie Pie's name. @_@

Did you just start watching season 1?

Making new friends is scary. It feels all weird. So very nervous.

You know where two people lock pinkie fingers and make a promise?

Making new friends is scary. It feels all weird. So very nervous.

You know where two people lock pinkie fingers and make a promise?

Yes, I know. That's what I'm saying. It took me over two years of watching ponies to realize that correlation.

I actually never got that until now, haha. xD I didn't think about it being a reference to the pinkie swear. So you aren't the only one, because you mentioned that it just now came to my mind. xD