Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

General Chat Thread

Apple      Bloom

I wonder what the most efficient way to scratch your back on short notice is...

Sandpaper on a stick.

It might come back to haunt you one day, but hey, instant relief, right?

Sandpaper on a stick.

It might come back to haunt you one day, but hey, instant relief, right?

That requires more preparation than a backscratcher does.

If I was sitting in your everyday office and the mighty itch attacked me, what could I do to relieve it?

This is improvising here. I'm not going to run to Home Depot in the middle of the night for relief of an itchy back.

If I was sitting in your everyday office and the mighty itch attacked me, what could I do to relieve it?

I thought this was a home office setting.

In that case, use your writing sticks?

I thought this was a home office setting.

In that case, use your writing sticks?

Your home office set up includes sand paper? A home office is supposed to mimic an actual office. Unless you're working with your hands, I don't see why sandpaper is a part of your home office setup.

That could work... until the pencil lead breaks off inside of your back and now you have to find a way to remove it from your back and fix the itch that you still have.

I'm thinking a good way is to grab some coffee from the office coffee maker, run to the bathroom, and pour it down your back while standing with your back to the toilet. That will be some hot, soothing relief.

• Brohoof 1

I'm thinking a good way is to grab some coffee from the office coffee maker, run to the bathroom, and pour it down your back while standing with your back to the toilet. That will be some hot, soothing relief.

I think I prefer the hot water method more. It's as abrasive as sandpaper.

I think I prefer the hot water method more. It's as abrasive as sandpaper.

But see if I did that, I wouldn't have the excuse to steal the entire coffee maker and deprive the entire office of their morning coffee and then enter the office history books as the insidious "Coffee Maker Thief".

I would be like, the most hated person in the office ever.

But see if I did that, I wouldn't have the excuse to steal the entire coffee maker and deprive the entire office of their morning coffee and then enter the office history books as the insidious "Coffee Maker Thief".

I would be like, the most hated person in the office ever.

Like, on par with the guy who decided to eat watermelon at their desk?

Imagine just regular ponyfolk having to work at an office and instead of working, they come up with ways to annoy the crap out of each other.

Like, on par with the guy who decided to eat watermelon at their desk?

Imagine just regular ponyfolk having to work at an office and instead of working, they come up with ways to annoy the crap out of each other.

That guy had serious issues man. I still have watermelon seeds all over my desk...

That's exactly how it is at most office settings I think! Screwing with each other is a favorite past time when dealing with the day to day doldrums of office life. I could imagine a good way to screw with each other in a pony office would be to tell everypony that Celestia is coming for an office inspection tomorrow and to come up with all of these screwy codes that everypony has to follow, and then laugh when they actually conform to them.

I would totally tell everypony that speaking in the Royal Canterlot Voice and dressing up like Thespians is what Celestia's wants to see.

(edited)

Your site will never be finished.

Just kidding of course.

I used Codecademy to learn Python for my job. It's a fine site.

What's your job?

I have a book on Python, and one on JavaScript/jQuery. I find codeacademy is better though.

Edited by Gamer Twilight

Are you a programmer now, or did you just learn it for the lolz?

I have a book on Python, and one on JavaScript/jQuery. I find codeacademy is better though.

I wouldn't just learn a programming language for "the lolz".

As I said, I learned it because it's very useful for my job. We use Python for some our tools and to create a lot of the scripts we use. I am not a programmer by trade, though. It's just a useful side skill that compliments my main job well.

I own one or two C and C++ books, but I've never really read them. Codecademy is just far more convenient for me and its interactivity makes it miles better than a book to me.

I wouldn't just learn a programming language for "the lolz".

As I said, I learned it because it's very useful for my job. We use Python for some our tools and to create a lot of the scripts we use. I am not a programmer by trade, though. It's just a useful side skill that compliments my main job well.

I own one or two C and C++ books, but I've never really read them. Codecademy is just far more convenient for me and its interactivity makes it miles better than a book to me.

I mis-read your comment. But I do actually know people who just learn programming more or less for the lolz.

I'm learning it to develop websites personally.

I mis-read your comment. But I do actually know people who just learn programming more or less for the lolz.

I'm learning it to develop websites personally.

Well, if you have nothing better to do, it's certainly a useful skill so I won't stop them. I may or may not try to assassinate them with a silenced uzi at night, but I won't try to stop them from learning programming for "the lolz" in the after life either.

Sounds cool. What sort of websites are you trying to make?

Well, if you have nothing better to do, it's certainly a useful skill so I won't stop them. I may or may not try to assassinate them with a silenced uzi at night, but I won't try to stop them from learning programming for "the lolz" in the after life either.

Sounds cool. What sort of websites are you trying to make?

I'm starting off trying to make own which is a site to store any written articles and YouTube videos I make. (Video game journalism, general nerd stuff). I have plans for more ambitious projects in the future but I'll focus on my site as a learning exercise first.

I'm starting off trying to make own which is a site to store any written articles and YouTube videos I make. (Video game journalism, general nerd stuff). I have plans for more ambitious projects in the future but I'll focus on my site as a learning exercise first.

That's generally a good idea. That way you get the experience and if you come up with a bigger or broader project, you can apply what you learned to that.

The biggest issue is deciding what to name your site. I assume you've got an extremely witty named already cooked up for your general nerd stuff site?

That's generally a good idea. That way you get the experience and if you come up with a bigger or broader project, you can apply what you learned to that.

The biggest issue is deciding what to name your site. I assume you've got an extremely witty named already cooked up for your general nerd stuff site?

My site is named after my YouTube page for branding purposes, it's only an under construction page currently.

http://comicconreviews.net/

I also have another site that I want to use for bigger projects, I'd like to 

use it as a site for multiple contributors, but that is longer term when I'm better

at coding. I'd also have to scout talent etc.

http://extramana.com/

My site is named after my YouTube page for branding purposes, it's only an under construction page currently.

http://comicconreviews.net/

I also have another site that I want to use for bigger projects, I'd like to 

use it as a site for multiple contributors, but that is longer term when I'm better

at coding. I'd also have to scout talent etc.

http://extramana.com/

Not bad, I like the placeholder picture on the extramana one, pretty funny looking.

What exactly are you going to use that second one for anyway? I'm very curious, especially since you said you would have contributors. Unless of course the reason is super secret. I'd completely understand that.

I would try to make a website, but I'm too busy farting around.

Is that on par with the guy who steals coffee carafes from the office or on par with the one guy who constantly watermelon seeds?

(edited)

Not bad, I like the placeholder picture on the extramana one, pretty funny looking.

What exactly are you going to use that second one for anyway? I'm very curious, especially since you said you would have contributors. Unless of course the reason is super secret. I'd completely understand that.

My aim for extramana.com is to be a video aggregate site. I have several years experience (pre-dating my current YouTube channel) creating internet videos, and I would like to have a site of talented video producers doing coverage of anime, cartoons, comic books, movie/tv, video games, maybe even tabletop rpgs and other nerd type stuff

I'd manage, code, and recruit all personally as I have a specific vision for the site. I'm building towards this goal because it will require a tremendous amount of time. 

Edited by Gamer Twilight