Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

General Chat Thread

Apple      Bloom

Just now, Sir Punicpunch said:

I've been finished for too long.

We've both got different problems.

Ever since I've joined the fandom I've never not been up to date when the next season arrives... Seeing as I got nothing better to do I guess its time I start watching again. Though my expectations are kinda low, not liking 6 so far.

59 minutes ago, Sir Punicpunch said:

I'm here now.

Can I die now? I'm too exhausted and I've spent too much time questioning myself.

34 minutes ago, .Wolfe. said:

The banner looks neat. I like the idea of having different banners counting down to the premiere.

30 minutes ago, Sir Punicpunch said:

I didn't even know it was so close.

23 minutes ago, Snowflake Frostflame said:

Shit, the next season is already beginning and I ain't even halfway done through 6.

Yet another topic I can never relate with.

3 hours ago, Ganaram Inukshuk said:
4 hours ago, Snowflake Frostflame said:

Shit, the next season is already beginning and I ain't even halfway done through 6.

Yet another topic I can never relate with.

I have been caught up with new episodes of MLP since the premiere of Season 2 back in 2011. I have been into the show for a loooong time now, longer than most these days. I got into the show in between Season 1 and 2, in like June or July of 2011, after I graduated high school. Eversinces2premiered (though it being a 2 parter, part 1 aired a week before part 2, now that was agony cause of the cliffhanger. After that they stopped waiting a week for the next part so none of you knew the pain of having to wait for the resolution of that 2 part episode Return of Harmony.) Ever since season 2 premiered I have been caught up, watching the new episode shortly or immediately after it aired. Once it was almost a week after and only once did I wait about 3 episodes to pass without watching them, so I got behind only once, and that was last August, and that was the only time I got behind on episodes since 2011.

Well, I managed to force myself to forget the one big nagging source of frustration on my mind. Undoubtedly, it'll resurface again and again and all I can do is force myself not to care.

Wait, the newest season i already bout to come out? Fug. I guess I better slow down on my gaming and actually binge watch me some ponies this weekend.

With plenty of alcohol to go with it. >w>

9 hours ago, Ganaram Inukshuk said:

Well, I managed to force myself to forget the one big nagging source of frustration on my mind. Undoubtedly, it'll resurface again and again and all I can do is force myself not to care.

I will boop you then. -boop-

Anyway good morning all, I have to work super early tomorrow and get off a bit later, get off at 7 and then come in tomorrow at 6:30. So I gotta sleep as soon as I get home. >.<

Anyone alive in here right now?

13 hours ago, Miss H said:

With plenty of alcohol to go with it. >w>

Ah yes, the one thing I haven't had in ages.

7 hours ago, Lil'Cinnamon said:

I will boop you then. -boop-

Anyway good morning all, I have to work super early tomorrow and get off a bit later, get off at 7 and then come in tomorrow at 6:30. So I gotta sleep as soon as I get home. >.<

Anyone alive in here right now?

Do you wanna know what position I was in three weeks ago?

5 minutes ago, Sir Punicpunch said:

I just can't find a fun game to play...

Story of my life.

4 hours ago, Ganaram Inukshuk said:

Ah yes, the one thing I haven't had in ages.

Do you wanna know what position I was in three weeks ago?

Me neither, I don't drink.

And what was that Ganny?

And did you notice that our ranks stepped down one? I kinda wonder why...

24 minutes ago, Lil'Cinnamon said:

And what was that Ganny?

Crunch time three weeks ago and I was extremely doubtful about my personal academic abilities, plus the thought of my brother telling me his friends think I have Asperger's was fresh in my mind. The two things combined brought me to my proverbial knees, but I had to push forward no matter what, even if I ended up flunking one of my classes. (Two weeks after that, I found out that I did pass that one class.)

Since then, this double-sided thought's been on my mind. Side A: I want to figure out if I do have Asperger's/Autism/whatever and I want to use it to my advantage. Side B: I'm way off with my suspicions, people won't take me seriously with it, and I'm simply too much of a reclusive wimp to want to know. My mom's already dismissed the possibility*, so if my mom doesn't think so, I won't think so.

* -  Then again, my mom thought root canals was the same as plaque cleaning**.

** - Then again again, I went through nearly half of my high school years nearsighted and had no idea that I needed glasses***.

*** - Then again again again, I already knew I needed a root canal and extraction of my impacted wisdom toof months ahead of time**.

On 4/7/2017 at 9:41 PM, Ganaram Inukshuk said:

Crunch time three weeks ago and I was extremely doubtful about my personal academic abilities, plus the thought of my brother telling me his friends think I have Asperger's was fresh in my mind. The two things combined brought me to my proverbial knees, but I had to push forward no matter what, even if I ended up flunking one of my classes. (Two weeks after that, I found out that I did pass that one class.)

Since then, this double-sided thought's been on my mind. Side A: I want to figure out if I do have Asperger's/Autism/whatever and I want to use it to my advantage. Side B: I'm way off with my suspicions, people won't take me seriously with it, and I'm simply too much of a reclusive wimp to want to know. My mom's already dismissed the possibility*, so if my mom doesn't think so, I won't think so.

The question is, DO YOU? As someone that has Autism, why don't you tell me why they think you do? I'm no doctor but I can try to give my opinion cause I have to deal with it and I was properly diagnosed with it when I was a little unicolt.

Like I said, For Side A, go ahead and tell me the symptoms they think you have and I can see if I can see it myself. And what do you mean no one will take you seriously with it? Why did she dismiss it?

• Brohoof 1

54 minutes ago, Lil'Cinnamon said:

The question is, DO YOU? As someone that has Autism, why don't you tell me why they think you do? I'm no doctor but I can try to give my opinion cause I have to deal with it and I was properly diagnosed with it when I was a little unicolt.

Like I said, For Side A, go ahead and tell me the symptoms they think you have and I can see if I can see it myself. And what do you mean no one will take you seriously with it? Why did she dismiss it?

I have no idea what my brother's friends said. I never see them, so I don't know what evidence they're using. (It's insanely complicated how my family is set up. Seriously, it's messed up but I have never been open to explaining it to ANYONE.) However, I've had personal suspicions over the past several years, but have never found sufficient evidence to back it up. All I had to run off of is terrible social interaction and restrictive interests, but that's not enough. Citing only that is enough for anyone to shoot down my suspicions, and even then, according to my mom, autism has to be detected during childhood.

Note: I'm lumping autism and asperger's together because the two are (kinda?) related and I have no idea what they did with the DSM-V that changed the two, so I have no idea what (specifically) I'm looking at; all my measuring sticks are as broken as the current definition of the kilogram (which, oh by the way, you never wanna have bound to a physical object, and no, the definition isn't the mass of a liter of water).

Part of me believes that the autism/asperger's radar was simply not strong enough for me to be detected back then (if that is the case) because I can cite my fascination with trains, power lines, and even highways as evidence. (Watch this get shot down again.)

Stimming. That's all I'm gonna say. (I sometimes do the same kind of handthrasing my sisters do; again, watch it get shot down.)

Fascination of a thing's parts instead of the whole thing. Happened so many times with my old mod dev.

I did a programming project (several, in fact) that only I understood and it was for my old mod dev. Not even my old dev buddies understood what I was doing, even after explaining it a trillion times over, and nearly half of all developments they've ever done in the past few years was because of me. (Part of me misses that dev environment, but the other part is too ashamed to show my face there again. I've been wanting to talk to Haven about it, but Haven's never here.)

Those aforementioned dev interests are insanely difficult to explain to anyone I meet outside my dev environment, and everything else that interests everyone else is too uninteresting to me.

You ever see me talk to anyone else? Heck, I don't even talk to my parents about any problems I have partly because the generational gap between me and my folks is 40 years.

My mom keeps telling to make friends with someone, even at the university I attend that I still live 100 miles away from. If everyone's supposed to be born with a "How to Make Friends" guidebook in their brains, I feel like I never got that guidebook.

-----

The other part of me believes that no matter how much evidence I cite, JUST ONE counterexample is enough for me to drop the entire subject and never discuss it again. This is the one thing I dread: being called out for being wrong before I had a chance to even do the research. I can handle fixing up a small mistake, but not if the entire thing is a mistake.

I know you can't help me entirely and that you mean no harm, but even then, I'm dreading your response.

7 hours ago, Ganaram Inukshuk said:

<Insert long message here>

I'd say you show some signs, but you know, you may or may not have it. You show some signs, but I know that not all ponies/people get diagnosed at an early age. And Aspergers and Autism are the same thing I believe. I got diagnosed with Aspergers long ago and then they change it to High Functioning Autism.

On a quick side note, you know about my fascination with power lines, I also have a strong interest in roads and higways too (I think that may be one reason I freaking travel so much... I can't go on a day off without driving for 8 hours wasting money...) How strong is your power line facination though? I never thought you were fascinated in them, I thought you only posted stuff regarding that cause you knew that I was fascinated in them. So I thought I'd ask.

And I struggle making friends myself. I put myself out there, but most people dislike me due to how I act and stuff. And about the (figuratively) "How to make friends guidebook" that you lacked, I lacked it too. Definitely. I still do... I'd say you show some signs, but a doctor would be the best bet to confirm if you have it or not. All I can say is judging by what you are saying there, you and me have more in common than I have thought..

• Brohoof 1

On 4/9/2017 at 6:27 AM, Lil'Cinnamon said:

All I can say is judging by what you are saying there, you and me have more in common than I have thought..

I'm literally losing sleep over this but it looks like I was right again. Aspergers wasn't added to the DSM until 1994 and I was born a year before that. If the autism radar was supposed to be upgraded that time, it never was (or it was never fast enough), and given the preliminary research (IE, Google searching on my phone in the middle of the night), I'm far from the only one who slipped past the radar...

I'm not sure if I should be glad about that.

Edited by Ganaram Inukshuk