Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Yet Another Brony

Flutterspark

Hello everypony,

Nice to meet you all! I'm Flutterspark, an Australian male currently doing high school. (I'm actually basically homeschooled, but that's another story.) I enjoy computer science, computer programming, reading, roleplaying, and occasionally baking chocolate brownies.

I chose the username "Flutterspark" as a mix of Fluttershy and Twilight Sparkle. I feel that they are the main characters that I best identify with. Twilight for her love of learning, occasional need to be in control of the current situation, and her attention to detail. Fluttershy for her kind heart and her shyness.

So, how'd I get in to My Little Pony? If you're reading this, I'm guessing you already have a pretty good idea.

When I heard that MLP had gotten so much attention from people who were way outside it's target audience, I grew very curious. I developed a great respect for those people who could humble themselves and watch a show aimed at little girls, in spite of all those nay-sayers. A show that someone could love simply for it's innocence and character! I still didn't go so far as to watch the show myself. About a couple of years after I first heard about it, an acquaintance (who was also a brony) encouraged me to watch "just one episode!" I remember him telling me that "even without the ponies" it was just a really good story.

One night, I finally decided to take the plunge. I started watching Episode 1, Season 1. I had initially suspected that I would like it, but by the end of that episode, I was hooked. The storyline was well thought out, the characters seemed deep, and the jokes were genuinely funny! Plus, they couldn't just finish the first episode with Nightmare Moon about to take over Equestria like that!

The other thing that drew me into the show was it's good moral values. I'm a Christian, and I am usually impressed with media that has a value set which is close to the value set we get from the Bible. My Little Pony isn't perfect according to those standards, but it's a far, far step above pretty much every other television show I have ever come across.

So, here I am, having just finished watching season 2, posting in the "welcome" section of a forum devoted to My Little Pony. I don't think I would have imagined myself doing this a year ago.

If you have any questions about me, please feel more than welcome to ask. (Who doesn't enjoy talking about themselves? laugh.png )

Thanks for reading,

Flutterspark

• Brohoof 3

That's a very well-written text you've got there. I really enjoyed reading it. It's always fun to know more about people on the forums.

So welcome! I hope you will like it here.

• Brohoof 1

Welcome Welcome Welcome!!!

Welcome to the friendliest corner of the internets!

I myself am Aussie...soo brohoof to you mate ;)

And very well written intro indeed, Im sure we will get along nicely enough :)

If you have any questions, just shoot me a PM, Id love to help you if I can ^_^

• Brohoof 1

Hello everypony,

Nice to meet you all! I'm Flutterspark, an Australian male currently doing high school. (I'm actually basically homeschooled, but that's another story.) I enjoy computer science, computer programming, reading, roleplaying, and occasionally baking chocolate brownies.

I chose the username "Flutterspark" as a mix of Fluttershy and Twilight Sparkle. I feel that they are the main characters that I best identify with. Twilight for her love of learning, occasional need to be in control of the current situation, and her attention to detail. Fluttershy for her kind heart and her shyness.

So, how'd I get in to My Little Pony? If you're reading this, I'm guessing you already have a pretty good idea.

When I heard that MLP had gotten so much attention from people who were way outside it's target audience, I grew very curious. I developed a great respect for those people who could humble themselves and watch a show aimed at little girls, in spite of all those nay-sayers. A show that someone could love simply for it's innocence and character! I still didn't go so far as to watch the show myself. About a couple of years after I first heard about it, an acquaintance (who was also a brony) encouraged me to watch "just one episode!" I remember him telling me that "even without the ponies" it was just a really good story.

One night, I finally decided to take the plunge. I started watching Episode 1, Season 1. I had initially suspected that I would like it, but by the end of that episode, I was hooked. The storyline was well thought out, the characters seemed deep, and the jokes were genuinely funny! Plus, they couldn't just finish the first episode with Nightmare Moon about to take over Equestria like that!

The other thing that drew me into the show was it's good moral values. I'm a Christian, and I am usually impressed with media that has a value set which is close to the value set we get from the Bible. My Little Pony isn't perfect according to those standards, but it's a far, far step above pretty much every other television show I have ever come across.

So, here I am, having just finished watching season 2, posting in the "welcome" section of a forum devoted to My Little Pony. I don't think I would have imagined myself doing this a year ago.

If you have any questions about me, please feel more than welcome to ask. (Who doesn't enjoy talking about themselves? img-1363309-1-laugh.png )

Thanks for reading,

Flutterspark

You seem really nice. Welcome to the forums! Since you joined the mlp forums, u are now %20 more cooler laugh.png

• Brohoof 1

Well, I'm certainly not doing any humbling.

post-14580-0-50654200-1365770699_thumb.png

Want a muffin?

post-14580-0-84874000-1365770759_thumb.png

post-14580-0-51719200-1365770779_thumb.png

I attach this adorable picture of Rarity because...who wouldn't want to look at Rarity?

post-14580-0-58971300-1365770888_thumb.png

Welcome!

• Brohoof 1

Hello everypony,

If you have any questions about me, please feel more than welcome to ask. (Who doesn't enjoy talking about themselves? img-1363309-1-laugh.png )

Thanks for reading,

Flutterspark

About the Christian part, I agree with you on that. I still wonder why some Christians think this is evil.

Here's an example:

• Brohoof 1

About the Christian part, I agree with you on that. I still wonder why some Christians think this is evil.

Here's an example:

That video was a hoot. I laughed especially hard when he (I assume it was a he) wrote "and your children will end up like this". 6 ponies, 6 elements, 6 colours. I'm sorry, but 6+6+6=18.

By the way, there's a funny fundie on page 9 of the Guy plans to marry Twilight Sparkle post: http://mlpforums.com/topic/56706-guy-plans-to-marry-twilight-sparkle/page-9.

(edited)

Thank you for the warm welcome, everypony!

I myself am Aussie...soo brohoof to you mate

It's nice to see other Aussies on here! *brohoof*

u are now %20 more cooler

Yay! Being cool in Equestria is so much easier than being cool in real life!

Well, I'm certainly not doing any humbling.

img-1364881-1-laugh.png Maybe I used the wrong word...

I didn't watch the whole video. I stopped at the "Princess Celestia is obviously a satanic pagan goddess" part. Argh! I really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really dislike videos like this. Is Princess Celestia used in a "satanic" way in the show? Not as far as I'm aware. One could also point out that Christmas, the biggest celebration in the year for Christians, came from a pagan celebration.

Ah well, I suppose there are always going to be those people.

EDIT:

I don't want anyone to take what I briefly stated just then in the wrong way. So I'm doing a tl;dr.

What I am trying to say, is that just because something comes from a pagan origin, does not make it evil. It depends how it is used. Christmas is used by Christians to celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ, despite the origins of the celebration. Whether Princess Celestia comes from "evil" mythology or not, she is used for good in the show. Paganism does not decide what is evil, God does.

Edited by Flutterspark
  • Brohoof 1