Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

technology Are custom-built computers any better than factory-made ones?

ReGen

Topic title.  

34 users have voted

1. 1. Well, are they?

• Yes, they are completely better.
    • Yes, in most ways they are.
    • Yes, but only by a bit.
    • Somewhat.
    • Not really.
    • No, not at all.

Your case looks vaguely familiar. tongue.png lols. That looks like a great machine you got there, Lost. Look at that creamy GTX actions. 

The case is a coolermaster HAF X, because i like overkill on my cooling, especially after i cooked my last 2 computers from overclocking. And im rockin' a GTX 680, because i like always hitting 100+ FPS ^^

I love my PC, and she loves me, usually :P

I'm yet to have any issues with her :D

.. Yes, all my PCs have been 'she'.. this one is named Spitfire img-1369822-1-UNZJLhS.png

• Brohoof 2

The case is a coolermaster HAF X, because i like overkill on my cooling, especially after i cooked my last 2 computers from overclocking. And im rockin' a GTX 680, because i like always hitting 100+ FPS ^^

I love my PC, and she loves me, usually tongue.png

I'm yet to have any issues with her biggrin.png

.. Yes, all my PCs have been 'she'.. this one is named Spitfire img-1369822-1-UNZJLhS.png

:P I knew it was a HAF because I have one... My pics are up there somewhere. :P I also name my PCs... this one is Am-IV (short for Amora). 

:P You need a Spitfire decal for it. hehe

tongue.png I knew it was a HAF because I have one... My pics are up there somewhere. tongue.png I also name my PCs... this one is Am-IV (short for Amora). 

tongue.png You need a Spitfire decal for it. hehe

It sits under a table right now, but i have been tempted to have the side engraved with spitfire's cutie mark, as it is metal i reckon most engravers would be able to do it for me relatively easily.

It sits under a table right now, but i have been tempted to have the side engraved with spitfire's cutie mark, as it is metal i reckon most engravers would be able to do it for me relatively easily.

That would be.... beyond epic. And pictures would have to be taken and posted and then worshiped by the masses. :) Yup, that's what would happen. 

• 1 year later...

Most of the time building a custom computer is just overall better than buying a pre-built one, though talking desktop.

From what I've seen, it's better to buy laptop's from companies (Newegg, xoticpc, etc.) since it's very easy to damage components. More so than desktops.