Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Delete it

Ruddboy Olaf

This thread has no purpose anymore. Please delete it. 

Edited by Lord Magnus
I hate all my old posts. I want them deleted.
  • Brohoof 3

My favorite villain would be The Joker. He is awesome in so many ways. First off, you can never predict what he is going to do. Two, he is insane. Three, he doesn't let anything bother him, Four, he strikes fear into people's hearts. Five, he is hilarious.

I mean, have you seen Batman: Under The Red Hood?  I feel bad for saying this, but I found The Joker to be hilarious in this movie. Just watch this scene. (Warning: There is blood and torture.) Watch the video up to the 2:20 marker. After that, there isn't much of the joker.

You got to admit, The Joker is pretty funny in this scene. In a dark way. And this next scene is especially funny. (Warning: Violence.)

"I'll need some guys. Well not these guys, cuz they're kinda dead."

lol.

I know, I have a sick, dark sense of humor.

Edited by Blue Moon
  • Brohoof 5

Hmmmm..... Discord from MLP FiM and Scar from The Lion King rank pretty high on my list.

I love these characters because they have depth to them, not to mention the cartoon-y comedy that comes with their personality.

I probably should mention The Joker in there as well. He's so.... unique huh.png

• Brohoof 3

Okay, so I might as well get the big one out of the way.

post-12583-0-53161600-1367202613_thumb.png

Yeah.

Let's just completely ignore the prequels, which actually serve to make him less interesting. Really, all you need to give this guy depth is in the original trilogy.

What makes Vader so great, besides the badass voice, the awesome design, the smooth and collected way in which he dispatches punishment, and just how terrifying he probably is to be around, is how it's slowly revealed over the course of the series that there's more to him than you'd think. He has disdain for any other authority figure but fears the emperor. He's seems invincible and unstoppable, but Empire Strikes Back shows that behind the emotionless robot face of doom, he's vulnerable and weak without his armor. He's cold and remorseless, but is audibly shaken when the Empreror tells him that Skywalker must die if he doesn't join up with them. And after two movies of us believing that he's simply the iron fist of the Empire, he flat out says that he wants to kill his master.

I like the implication that he fell to the Dark Side in a bid to bring order to the galaxy, but became a pawn in Palpatine's plot and has silently regretted his decision ever since. Much more interesting than having him turn to the Dark Side by accident and then having him cry about it.

Basically what I'm saying is that the prequels are not canon in my mind.

Edited by CITRUS KING46
  • Brohoof 2

I just finished writing a status update about how Soundwave is best Transformer when I saw this thread...

Soundwave, what's to say about the guy? He's frikkin awesome, he spies on you and speaks in creepy computer monotone. He's completely loyal to Megatron instead of being a cowardly douche like the other Decepticons, and he can send minicons to wreck your shit...

Soundwave has style, he's cold, he's not a moron, he's the coolest Decepticon ever.

• Brohoof 3

Q from Star Trek: TNG. He's such a tricky little bastard and you can't help but love him...or hate him. (By extension, I love FiM's Discord, being based off of Q's character and even having the same actor do his voice. How badass is that!?)

Darth Vader from the original Star Wars trilogy. For all the reasons @CITRUS KING46 stated.

Kefka from Final Fantasy VI. Anyone who's ever played FF6 knows why. Never played FF6? What've you been doing with your life? Go play it

Shredder and Krang from the '80s-'90s TMNT. Always loved the way they constantly bickered

There are certainly more, but those are at the top of my list. img-1414897-1-img-387689-1-5e7kmu.png

Edited by Lowline
  • Brohoof 2

I don't understand how the first one is funny,but

the second one is pretty funny.

This episode cracks me up.

The villains are all funny as heck.

Especially the league parts.

Teehee!!

It's my dark sense of humor. I found what The Joker said to be really funny. I like how he says:

"I suppose I'm going to have to teach you a lesson so you can better follow in his footsteps. Nah, I'm just gonna keep hitting you with this crowbar."

I find this hilarious.

Also, what he says at the end about being a good boy and finishing homework to be really funny too.

Maybe it's just my twisted sense of humor. I don't know.

• Brohoof 3

Okay speaking of villain's I have my top five picks for villains number 5 to three are from James bond yeah but hey they gave us some great villain's.

At number five was Dr. Kananga from James bonds live and let die

Dr_Kananga_Mr_Big_by_Yaphet_Kotto.jpg

For number four is franz sanchez from license to kill

FSanchez.jpg

Number three telly savalas the best blofeld bond villain

blofeld2.jpg

Of course at number two the best  mlp villain

FANMADE_Discord_(normal).png

And for the number one all time villain would be this guy

Edited by ThePoliticalBrony
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

What? No Regina from Once Upon A Time? She is a masterwork of evilness. More so in the sense that she doesn't see herself as evil, so much as just driven to extremes to attain her goals. The best part about her is she sometimes seems to have some semblance of remorse after she realizes just how destructive she really is to those that get in her way. And then you have the tragic side of the character. Her only love murdered by Mommy Dearest, ouch, and the little kid she saved was the reason behind it! Let's top it all off by having the same kid, years later, trick her into killing Mommy Dearest after they reconcile. And we call her the evil one.

All in all, she is dark, manipulative, kind of sexy, and deeper than your average Jaffar. I love villains that are not just evil for the sake of being evil, and in her case, it's more a matter of everyone cramming her into the "Evil Queen" mold to the point she really does become evil.

LanaParrillaevilqueen.jpg

Edited by Flying Space Badger

• 2 weeks later...

(MLP:FIM) Trixie - I think Trixie is cute ( not in the wrong way Im not a clopper ) and I like her character and her voice :D

(Adventure Time) Ice King - He's a pathetic old man and for some reason I find it funny

(Austin Powers) Dr. Evil - He is hilarious!

• Brohoof 2

• 4 weeks later...
(edited)

I absolutely LOVE Bellatrix Lestrange from Harry Potter:

post-13596-0-00415500-1383741979.png

I find her mentally crazy nature just awesome in a way. I find her very interesting sometimes.  SHE IS AWESOME XD]

I also love Sarah Sanderson (I think thats her name) From Hocus Pocus. I love her quirky nature.

Edited by Eureka
  • Brohoof 1

For me ALBERT WESKER from RESIDENT EVIL.

250px-WeskerNew4.jpg

His plan was solid in RESIDENT EVIL 5. And came severly close to accomplishing his plan. A true threat to all.

• Brohoof 2

Of course, Joker will be voted. laugh.png  The Joker is a very famous villain from Batman for a reason because, he likes to cause anarchy & chaos to tempt Batman into killing him but Batman still has the '' no kill'' rule which is why Batman is special.

388247-batman-arkham-asylum-windows-scre

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I have always liked creepy villains the most and each one of these villains are creepy in their own special way. 

My little pony: Queen Chrysalis (Shape shifters are scary and she gets even darker in the comics.)

Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword: Lord Ghirahim (If you have played the game then you can  probably understand why he is on my creepy list. This guy is beyond creepy.) 

Final Fantasy 9: Kuja (So vain he tried to destroy all of existence because he was dying and he thought the world shouldn't exist with out him. Also you never truly beat him in the game.) 

Sleeping Beauty: Maleficent (Placed a curse on a innocent baby and caused havoc trying to kill her because she wasn't invited to a party. Overdramatic yet awesome.)

Fern Gully: Hexxus (Toxic love! It is such a great and sexy song.....in a kids movie!)

There are lot's more that I love but these guys came top in my book.

Edited by Pinkie4eeeever
  • Brohoof 1

Gus Fring from Breaking Bad. He is just one of the most badass villains I've seen. Especially those scenes like the one below. and the part where to takes out the Mexican cartel or whoever they were.

• Brohoof 2

• 3 months later...

Hrm this may be more difficult than I thought, as many good ones have been stated. There's so many favorites to choose from! Personally my favorite kind of villains are the ones who are either completely oblivious that they're evil, or are totally convinced they are the only good in the universe, and everyone else is evil. Not that complete monsters don't have their place in the spectrum of things. I like the Anti-Villain, the complex and scheming tautological templars and well intentioned extremists. Here are a few good examples:

ANNE WILKES from Misery. Full stop. For there is no evil on this earth that compares to a deranged fan girl. If a villain can't scare you on some level they have failed as a villain. But what makes her an anti-villain? At her most basic level, she an ordinary everyday lady who loves her trashy romance fiction. She's your neighbor, the lady who bags your groceries, the lady you sit across from at work, or on the bus. She's ticking time bomb paper wrapped up in an ordinary package. SHE'S EVERYWHERE, she is legion, and she's your biggest fan.

Marisa Coulter from the His Dark Materials

As to not spoil anything, Mrs. Coulter's master plan is for what she deems the greater good to uphold the values and status quo of her world. This plan involves kidnapping children. All the children. And "cutting" them. Did I mention she is described as looking like Lust from Fullmetal Alchemist? Did I also mention she has all law enforcement and the Church in her pocket? And that's just the first book. What's insidious about her character is that she is charming as hell. She's an upper class social-lite and everybody's friend. She walks into a room and all eyes are on her. You want to get to know her, you are compelled to please her, she's so nice, and sweet, and then she gets pissed. Slowly it dawns on you. She owns you, and she knows it, and she will NEVER let you go. No use protesting, she's got a quip for anything you might say to turn you around and make you beg for forgiveness. I could compare her to maybe Gemma from Sons of Anarchy.

lust_123.jpg?1332172817

LADY EBOSHI from Princess Mononoke.

Now Eboshi is one of the greatest examples of an anti-villain ever put to film. She's a human being capable of empathy for other human beings in suffering and extends kindness to lepers and fallen women of her time. She gentle and calculating, but also ruthlessly efficient, to the point that she puts her people before everything, even the natural world. She cares little for the consequences of the  of her actions so long as she gets what she wants, ultimately she comes to regret it when forces of nature threaten to harm the people under her care. Nevertheless she challenged the warlords and ancient gods without fear. If you are at her side she'll be a mother to you. If you are in her way, you will be destroyed. Words alone are insufficient to explain her greatness.

princessmononoke-ladyeboshi.jpg

A lot of women on my list here so far, so let's close up with a MAN.

MR FREEZE from Batman: The Animated Series

Dr. Victor Fries is a man who lives for revenge, and for good reason. The Animated Series revolutionized many of the core concepts of the Batman mythos, but the one that stands out the most is the almost Shakespearean tragedy of Mr. Freeze. His life's work, to save his dying wife, dashed to bits. To add injury to insult, he cannot survive outside a sub zero temperature (comic book logic, just roll with it).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFDTMW3_ilE

What links these kinds of villains is that they are grounded in humanity and you can almost understand their plight and why they do what they do. If done really well, you might well even agree with the villain's logic over the heroes! (Another great example would be Magneto of Xmen fan, and his crusade to liberate mutants from their fearful human oppressors). They aren't cruel for cruelty's sake, they justify their actions because what they're doing is important to them. They have a cause, be it selfish or world changing. But they are so caught up in what they are doing, they don't care who gets hurt, so long as they come out on top smelling like roses. After all, history is written by the victors...

• Brohoof 1