Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Saints Row 4

ColtofPersonality

(edited)

With THQ gone belly up Volition has announced their releasing Saints IV.  Here's a brief synopsis

In Saints Row IV, the head honcho of the Saints has been elected to the Presidency of the United States. But the Saints are just getting started. Now the larger-than-life insanity of the Saints series gets a new twist with a catastrophic alien invasion, and the aliens have transported the Saints to a bizarro-Steelport simulation. Wield gargantuan superpowers and fight to free humanity from alien granddaddy Zinyak's mental grasp. Escape the simulation that's trapped the Saints crew, or die trying.

And the teaser trailer unveiled at PAX East.

Pre-Orders will get you "The Commander-In-Cheif" pack
SR4_CiC_beautyshot5_SMALL-610x381.jpg

The game is set to hit store shelves on August 20th 2013.

Now for my thoughts. I've loved everything about these games..it's a silly take on the overal seriousness on the GTA series..the activities are fun, the story solid with humour at times.  I think this one should be just as great as the last.

Edited by GolgoXIII
  • Brohoof 1

It's pretty disappointing how they just take so much material straight from Saints Row Third but I'm still quite excited for this game.

Oh, this can only be funny, crazy, and psychotic at the same time. I personally feel this can either end up really good, or really bad. How that ends up though, depends on how the developers do, I guess.

Hmmm... I don't know if it's not getting a little too crazy. I'm somehow missing the balance of seriousness and funny stuff like in Saints Row 2 and 1.

Eh, I liked SR3 but this looks kind of... meh. Seriously, why superpowers? I get that they're trying to keep up the ridiculous over the top theme, but this just looks like prototype.

To me this one looks like the third one but with a twist and this was going to be a DLC for saints row the third but instead they made it in to a full game don't get me wrong is still a good game but to me your only versing one enemy i liked it in the other ones were there were three diffident gangs to verse. 

You see I bought the whole saints row 3 complete pack on Steam awhile ago for like five bucks, but either my computer sucks or this game is poorly optimized and doesn't run properly unless you have godlike specs. I still also gotta play saints row 1 and 2 and ueaaafjdfjk;fdsajkl;fads

The specs on this game are going to be obnoxious, I know it. ._.

Regardless, this sounds AWESOME. The premise isn't half-bad, I'm looking forward to picking this up, even for 360. The superpowers thing...eh, it depends on how well they execute it. Generally supernatural abilities are hit-or-miss in videogames like these, though we're talking Saints Row here. In my opinion? GTA without the restraints. And I like that. Let's see how this plays out

I have been excited about SR4 since it was announced. While I have not played 1 or 2 to compare, I did really enjoy 3. It was like GTA, but a thousand times better.

When I read they they were running for president and read something about aliens I would have thought "That will never work as a story!" But instead I simply thought. "Is that all the saints are doing?"

I know people are probably questioning on how Saints Row 4 will be when it comes out. I think it will just be the same like Saints Row the Third but just with new missions and new weapons.

I'm pretty neutral on getting it, but I will be getting GTA V.

Not sure if I'll look forward to Saints Row IV. Ever since THQ's demise of the chapter 11 bankruptcy, it'll feel as if it'll be less fun, not from the game itself, but from THQ being no longer there anymore. Overall, I'll see if Saints Row IV still has the touch of craziness and such, even though I'm leaning on GTA V, which is coming in September.